Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
This pisses me off the most, and is probably the biggest hurdle in solving these crimes. Your friend gets murdered, and yet...you don't tell the cops anything? If I saw my friend get murdered, I'd be telling the cops everything. Such a cultural disconnect here.

Here's your cultural disconnect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMqR24rQzU

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm

$1:
This pisses me off the most, and is probably the biggest hurdle in solving these crimes. Your friend gets murdered, and yet...you don't tell the cops anything? If I saw my friend get murdered, I'd be telling the cops everything. Such a cultural disconnect here.

Maybe they already know who did it, and want to take care of the "justice" end of things themselves.

In six months, that individual may be found by an old man fishing down by the river.

His murder would also likely end up being unsolved.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

saturn_656: Doesn't that strike you as a bad thing?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Psudo Psudo:
"Only 25% of those murders were solved." That is a legitimate horror.

That's Chicago, right up with Detroit and Riverside as one of America's Most Dysfunctional Cities, and people die everyday because of it. Chicago's far too concerned with trying to attract the Olympics and scolding Chic-fil-A instead of making a city where joining a gang isn't the only way out of crippling poverty.

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
It said in the story that that police believed this girl was not involved with gangs though.

Ah, it is a sad day when we can't trust our gangs to not kill potential witnesses or inflict collateral damage.

If you were a Black person living in America, you wouldn't be so eager to talk. You'd be scared of retaliation for being a snitch, or just as likely be rightfully terrified of the Chicago Police Department.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Psudo Psudo:
saturn_656: Doesn't that strike you as a bad thing?

Yeah, it'd would be a wonderful thing if everyone cooperated with the police, if they always caught their man, and everyone received both the protection and the justice they were due under the law.

Not the way it always works.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 pm

DanSC DanSC:

If you were a Black person living in America, you wouldn't be so eager to talk. You'd be scared of retaliation for being a snitch, or just as likely be rightfully terrified of the Chicago Police Department.

Admittedly I don't know much about the Chicago Police Department, and I can understand the whole issue with retaliation, but at the same time, it just continues the same cycle of violence. So then innocent people get killed, the cops have a hard time finding witnesses, and soon, people stop giving a shit. Good odds we'll hear how the cops don't care about the black community because the cops don't put enough effort in cases they rarely get leads for.

HOPEFULLY people will just call in to Crimestoppers or another anonymous tipline

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:46 pm

America is in authorized chaos.