PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:43 am

I have a ton of questions to ask them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:11 am

You want to find a Reserve unit?

They'd be in the phonebook.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:15 am

It looks like thats all the militia is in Canada. The reserve. I was kinda hoping we would have something similar to the states.
You know, where everyone has the right to protect their country and stand on guard for thee. And not have to pass a physical.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:32 am

Huh? Everybody who joins the Military has to pass a physical. Even the states.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:41 am

You don't want to do it for real then?

Try these guys...

Link

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:56 am

SprCForr SprCForr:
You don't want to do it for real then?

Try these guys...

Link

The Canadian Armed Forces would never take me(I'm broken). Yet I have a right to defend my country.
But how?

Thanks for the link.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:59 am

mykyll mykyll:
It looks like thats all the militia is in Canada. The reserve. I was kinda hoping we would have something similar to the states.
You know, where everyone has the right to protect their country and stand on guard for thee. And not have to pass a physical.

What are you a Timothy McVeigh wanna be? I am sure there are a few underground wackos here but just head south. You should find plenty down there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:12 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
mykyll mykyll:

What are you a Timothy McVeigh wanna be? I am sure there are a few underground wackos but just head south. You should find plenty down there.

Huh? All I want to do is protect my country man. I can't pass basic training because of defects in my spine and sacrum. I'm in cronic pain. And on my way to a lifetime in a wheelchair. I can shoot a gun. I can hit my target at 300yds. I can jump around and stuff. Only to feel it afterwards tho.
I AM NOT USELESS IN PROTECTING MY COUNTY. Or am I? Isn't their a way people like me(can't pass the basic training) can stand on guard for thee?
We don't have an "unorganized army" I'm just realizing this. We need one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Militia's are not very effective, which is why the US abandoned them during the War of 1812.

You'll have to wait for an Invasion. Then join the Underground/La Resistance.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:44 pm

mykyll mykyll:

No we don't! We don't need a bunch of whack job vigilantes running around in the woods playing war games. Worse yet in the name of "Protecting The Canadian Way" or whatever they see it as.

There are other ways to serve. There are always jobs on military bases. You can assist as a civilian in many ways in support jobs for the military and their families.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:46 pm

mykyll mykyll:

No, we don't. You do realize that private militia's are illegal in Canada, right?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Dude if you are going to be in a wheel chair, and they rejected you then sorry to tell you this but you are not made to "Protect the country". You have the right as a Canadian citizen, however you don't got the requirements to do so.

If you want to help out, you can get involved with those organizations that help the Canadian Forces. I respect your determination to protect the country, and wish you could do so. However you just got to let that one go. Go to the recruiting station however, and ask if they got any basicly desk job type things that civilians can do (Doubt there are any, but worth a try).

I will be joining the CF in a year or earlier. Got to finish off high-school (Actually get my GED) then I can apply. When i'm down at the recruiting station (In a month or so) to ask some questions. I will see what they got in terms of jobs for people in your condition.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:05 pm

You could always be a civilian employee with the DND. You won't be in the military but you will be helping the military. I don't know if there are any jobs in the SK area.

Or you could look into setting up a neighbourhood watch program. You won't be defending Canada from foreign invaders but you can help defend against crime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Dude if you are going to be in a wheel chair, and they rejected you then sorry to tell you this but you are not made to "Protect the country".

Bullshit. I don't want to be part of the army that goes into other countries to fight for someone else. Hows that protecting my country?
I want to defend my god giving rights to freedom on my own land. Who really is protecting Canada right now? Our army? The world laughs at our army. Are our armed citizens a deterrent? Don't make me laugh. Armed citizenry supposedly made japan thing 2wice about invading west coast USA. What is stopping luxumburg from invading us? Our charm?
We have nothing. We are sitting ducks. With a bigger brother down south to protect us. But what if they decided to repeat 1812 and invade us. Then what?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:21 pm

I think you need to chillax. You're wrapping yourself around the axle for nothing.