canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Those bastards on the Wet Coast are hoarding the precipitation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 pm

I'm so tired of this summer's heat and smoke I'd gladly send all our calm air to Florida for just a half-day of the wind they're getting right now. :(

Just can't tolerate it the way I used to when I was younger. Combination of factors. Age. Medication. Almost passed out from heat stroke one time at a job up north because the safety fuckers wouldn't let us take off our heat-resistant gear even though we were working on a greenfield area of the lease, which turned out to be a real treat when it hit plus 38 for three days in a row. Probably some kind of PTSD was induced because now when it gets above 25 it's hyper-tetched time for me, like a nut who thinks there's insects itching away inside on his brain. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Clear (finally) and cool, but windy as hell right now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Town finally sent tree fallers to clear some trees in the green belt that were a danger to my house (2 already fell and barely missed, took fence out twice). They wondered why they marked 2 for removal and missed the most obvious one (6 feet further they'd need to carry the spray can to mark it). They're from out of town and only work weekends.
Anyway it was SO smokey from the wildfires that day they did part of one and had to leave it was too dark to work safely by 4 pm.
The next weekend it was really windy, so they didn't come.
The next weekend it was raining really hard, so they didn't show.
Last weekend was a long weekend, didn't show, didn't expect them to.
Raised shit with town council this is a logging town WTF are they using out of towners for?
This weekend it rained a little. They didn't show....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 pm

It's been lightly raining for a few hours and the wind shifted. Definitely a huge improvement in the air quality and temperature. Looks like I'll be sleeping with a heating pad tonight. Unlike Thanos I can't stand cooler temperatures now. Ever since we got back from Taiwan my comfort zone has gone from 25°C to 30°C. Below that I need a heating pad or the space heater.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:46 am

It says it is 19 with a humidex making it feel like 25. But I just came back from a walk with my grandson and I think it's hotter than that and it's not even 11 yet. Sky is clear and sunny though

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:57 am

Cool and cloudy with rain in the forecast. It's the first day for a long time that we are actually feeling prompted to close the windows.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 am

Cold. Had three nights of heavy frost, had to spend the weekend bringing in the garden. Lots of peppers that haven't quite ripened that got transplanted, and I had to build makeshift greenhouses for.

But it will be a bumper crop! Even have a few ghost peppers this year!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Hot here very very hot. 33 but feels like 39. I want fall back!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Damp and cool. It's 8°C and cloudy right now with off and on drizzle.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 pm

29C with a 37C humidex and the same through Tuesday... we're about 15 degrees over the average temps for today... summer has officially started. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Wow, those are pretty highs temps raydan & housewife for this time of year. Enjoy it while you can though.

Upper teens here today with sun/cloud mix. Supposed to see low 20's later in the week so still quite nice though getting cooler at night. For me autumn started last Monday as I've had a sinus/head cold thing for the past almost week and it seems many people have it too.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Crazy it is 11:10 pm it's 23 and feels like 28. Who has stolen fall? And dam I wish I had fixed the air in my stupid car

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Heat warning in effect...

29C with a 37C humidex. Pretty much the same for tomorrow and we're expecting thunderstorms at the end of the day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Severe thunderstorm warning... it's pissing rain right now.

And the hot weather is over, nothing over 20C for the next week.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7520 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 384  385  386  387  388  389  390 ... 502  Next