canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am

Right on the edge of an extreme cold warning. [cold]

Literally, South Edmonton is 10 degrees cooler than North Edmonton. The whole southern half of the province is under the warning, with Edmonton being the dividing line.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/f ... -1.4527929

Right after they got clobbered with snow yesterday. Sucks you be you Thanos. :(

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 am

-8 and snow. We are expecting 10 cm today 5 tomorrow and 5-10 the day after. Hopefully it will be good packing snow the snowman needs friends :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm

It's been... winter. :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Put off going out til 2:30... shoveled... car is warming while my face thaws out.
Snow was so deep yesterday, the Bobcat got stuck doing the driveway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:43 am

DrCaleb wrote:

Literally, South Edmonton is 10 degrees cooler than North Edmonton. The whole southern half of the province is under the warning, with Edmonton being the dividing line.

This cold weather must make you/locals think which countries offer sunny beaches?? :)

Wanna go to US to experience that?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:19 am

Freezing rain warning...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 am

-3 and raining We are expecting 1-3mm rain/ freezing rain then snow.

We got snow yesterday the plow driver pissed off with cars on the road decided to plow in the one in front of my house which made the pile at the end of my driveway higher than normal. Beginning to really hate my neighbour who is forever leaving cars on the road.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Bright sunshine and a gentle breeze......and the fact that it's -28°C makes the fucking windchill -37 right now.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Clear and sunny, with a very slight high overcast, 6°C and nary a breeze, a beautiful winter's day for the West coast. :D :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Hyack wrote:
Clear and sunny, with a very slight high overcast, 6°C and nary a breeze, a beautiful winter's day for the West coast. :D :D

It was a beauty today. I was surprised by a couple of people commenting today that they heard snow was in the forecast originally. I actually hadn't looked at the forecast or heard anything about that. It will get chilly though tonight I'm sure considering the clear skies. It was just nice to get a break from the rain today as it doesn't bother me so much but hearing everyone else bitch about it gets annoying. :lol: We've been very fortunate so far this winter compared to everywhere else.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 am

Fighter wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:

This cold weather must make you/locals think which countries offer sunny beaches?? :)

Wanna go to US to experience that?

Nope. :)

Yes, it's cold. (this morning was -32, with windchills to -45).

But there are many advantages to the cold. Only the strong are prepared to tough it out. Sure, some take a couple weeks in Mexico or the Caribbean during the winter, but I've found that makes it worse. You were used to the cold, take a couple warm weeks, then come back to the cold that you aren't used to anymore.

There are people right now that are building a building near where I work. They have to bundle up quite a bit to make it though the day, high in the air building forms for walls and floors, pouring concrete and then building the infrastructure to get the building finished. It's not easy, but it comes with a certain pride that you toughed it out. And it's easier that doing it in the summer, when you sweat through your coveralls, but still have to do it. I find the cold is much easier to dress for than the heat.

Plus, the cold means there are no insects or snakes that want to kill us. No crocodiles, few poisonous plants. Grizzly bears can't exactly hide in your boot, like a scorpion can. ;)

And I find nothing more beautiful than being in a huge field thigh deep in fresh snow, with only the sound of wind and birds around you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 am

Sunny and clear and -24.
:D Nothing to shovel - yay!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 am

Windchills of -45 the other day, rain yesterday afternoon and +2, snow today heading for windchills of -28 tomorrow. It's safer to walk down the middle of the street, than to walk on the sidewalk.

Like we say, "if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes." ;)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am

Good God from -22 the day before to +3 yesterday.... went for a cruise to shed the blocks off ice off the car.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5984 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 395  396  397  398  399