canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:03 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Well, we're supposed to hit 44 in the shade today. Day 4 of temps over 40. Lots of concern for me keeping all the animals alive. The cows, ponies and chickens have shade and water, but still--we're looking at over a week of extreme heat. Hope they all hang on.

It’s horrible for the fruit crops here in the Valley too. Strawberries and raspberries are supposed to be maturing right now. Instead they’re getting cooked on the vine. This heat is likely going to impact the blueberry crops too. Unless we get rain soon but there nothing in the forecast for at least two weeks.

God help us if wildfires break out.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 am

xerxes xerxes:
God help us if when wildfires break out.

:(

Another problem, all the mountain fed rivers are super high and super fast because of the fast melt on glaciers that are normally near zero this time of year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:52 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^^

Rough night of sleep. Had the fans in the windows all night, and it only dropped the temp in the house 3 degrees. 8O

Expecting +40 by Wednesday, and this system may be with us till early next week.

Sure, this system was great last November to January that brought us a mild winter. But this is the price we pay in Summer.

The weekend wasn't bad because there was a breeze, but last night was rough, it was +30 at 10 pm! We had to break out our little A/C unit so the kiddos could get some sleep. I'm not looking forward to the next few days...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Thursday the overnight temperature is supposed to be 15 with no humidex!!! I’m so excited!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:40 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:54 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:28 pm

A teeny bit cooler today but still stupid hot. At least last night I only woke up a couple of times so I did get more sleep than the previous 3 nights. If only the night temps went down more it would help but 20+ at night is crazy.

Enviro Canada is showing a cooling trend in the few days... hopeful!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:40 am

Today is expected to shatter our all time recorded high. By a couple degrees. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:08 am

woke up dizzy. Still dizzy. Assume I'm dehydrated despite drinking liters of water every day.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:26 am

You are overheated. Cool shower, that is the ticket. As cool as you can stand, then turn down the hot as you acclimatize to it. I had one last night and it fixed me up to about 80% of normal.

I still want to cough all the time, and have had a headache for 3 days, but I am not feeling like I haven't eaten for 2 days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 am

23C right now but with the 89% humidity, it feels like 31C. Cloudy, hazy and we might gets some boomers later today... that may be capable of producing damaging wind gusts, large hail and torrential rain.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:08 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Today is expected to shatter our all time recorded high. By a couple degrees. 8O

It looks like we only have to make it to weekend, when the temp drops to 27 and we might finally get some rain.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/we ... a/edmonton

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 am

There are wonderful clouds up there blocking the sun right now. Only 24C and there is a breeze. Environment Canada is even showing a "chance of a drizzle" this morning. 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:53 am

Hope you get some rain Strutz! It’s 25 feeling like 29 right now the possibility of thunderstorms later in the day. We have at least been getting storms not that it has helped with the humidity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:56 pm

It's 36C in Calgary and 15C here. 8O

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7021 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 460  461  462  463  464  465  466 ... 469  Next