Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:38 am

I can smell the smoke in Edmonton. That pressure map they show is 100% accurate.

If it weren't October, we'd be having 40 degree temps, not 20 degrees.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:48 am

Strutz Strutz:
The smoke today is even more awful and buildings not far away are even obscured.

When I just checked Environment Canada they are showing visibility as 2km. Sounds about right.

The weather forecast is for smoke today and tomorrow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:57 am

The smoke in the valley is nasty; there’s a grey haze in the air, tainting the air. It’s slightly better today, only an & on the air quality index as opposed to 10+ which it was yesterday.

The rain can’t come soon enough. It’s wild. Last year we had floods and landslides because of too much rain. This year, we haven’t seen rain since the start of July.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:48 am

It was 15c overnight. Just before sunrise, the temp dropped to 8, and it started raining. In accordance with prophecy.

Supposed to have a high later of 14.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:33 am

5 and raining. That’s also our high for the day. But tomorrow is sunny and 13 then on the weekend it’s supposed to be sunny and 18! Weird weather everywhere. Daughter got snow last night but it’s supposed to be 18 over the weekend up there too.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:39 am

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:48 am

Lol Doc they are predicting a bad winter here people are already losing their minds about it. I’d rather have snow then rain you can send the kid out in snow and have them stay out rain isn’t fun. Of course the drivers down here suck at any weather but clear it’s like they have forgotten that we live in Canada and get winter!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:06 am

I will be putting the winters on the truck this weekend. I look forward to the annual meeting of the summer tires club, just after the first snow. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:22 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I will be putting the winters on the truck this weekend. I look forward to the annual meeting of the summer tires club, just after the first snow. ;)

Coming soon in a ditch near you

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:15 pm

raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Coming soon in a ditch near you

:lol: Without a doubt!

There is a light snowfall warning for the BC south interior highways starting tomorrow, the first day of some maybe actual rain in ages everywhere else.

1st snowfall of season brings special weather statements to B.C. highways

It's past mid-October so it's so not an unusual thing for Hwys 3 & 5 for snow but with the drought conditions immediately before I guess it is a bit newsworthy.

Today I can feel the change in the air that I normally would have noticed weeks ago. The big oak tree next door to us just suddenly in the last couple of days is finally shedding leaves that are now rapidly turning colour after still being mostly bright green last week. It's as though fall has just arrived...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:10 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

It looks like we could get snow as early as this weekend, which is okay.

Normally, we'd have had a couple nasty frosts or even snow already, but with the unseasonably warm weather this fall, I still had my garden in until last weekend, and was picking tomatoes, peppers and strawberries regularly. Even though I know it had to come to an end eventually, it's still a bit sad to see the warm weather end.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:00 am

Yea, I agree. I still have strawberries and some cannabis out in the garden. Lots of tomato plants still producing too, but I don't have enough green bin room for them all. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:43 am

It’s finally raining!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:21 am

It only rained for an hour yesterday. But it is supposed to finally frost tonight, and snow on the weekend.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:53 am

xerxes xerxes:
It’s finally raining!

I know! How about that! So far it's quite light and hopefully no deluges anywhere that could cause flooding.

Oh well, I guess the heat will have to come on soon now. At least we got to have some extra time without that extra expense.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7521 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 484  485  486  487  488  489  490 ... 502  Next