Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Well folks I have been sneaking around watching and have decided to come back and be a bit more active here again. As you most know I suffered an injury a yr and a half ago and broke my back thus ending my career as a oil patch trucker/ equipment operator. I have done my rehab and re training and am now an NCSO ( National construction safety officer) And am employed by one of the big contractors working on the Anthony Henday Project here in Edmonton as the Company Safety Manager/Supervisor. So I am home every day now and no longer off to the great white north doing rig moves etc any longer. I can devote time to the site again and am looking forward to participating in the lively and decent debates here :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:44 am

Good to see you back! [BB]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:46 am

Welcome back RH!

Now get the last leg of the AH finished! It's a PITA to detour to the Yellowhead!

;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Welcome back RH!

Now get the last leg of the AH finished! It's a PITA to detour to the Yellowhead!

;)

Ya? well you should try to get around some areas such as the top of Meridian St getting to the city dump site lolol. agreed it's a big time PITA

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 am

OUCH! Did not know that. Welcome back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:05 am

Welcome back !

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 am

Welcome back, Your Royaliness. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:15 am

This was what happened.. was returning from a delivery to a Shell rig down by Del Bonita Ab and a car came across into my lane and I put my Kenworth into the ditch to avoid killing the occupants. Unfortunately there was a 5 ft high approach right there that I hit at 80 km or so, breaking my back and other injuries... been a long road back, with a new trade and outlook on life...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 am

I cant seem to post a pic here of my incident??? man Im really out of touch?????

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:24 am

RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
I cant seem to post a pic here of my incident??? man Im really out of touch?????

Look in the top left to see if there is a little message in Red that the file is too big, etc.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 am

Welcome back old timer!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 am

Good to see you back RH. 8)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:29 am

Hi man, I'm not too old for remembering. But Anyway I'm happy to see you here again :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:29 am

Good to hear you're doing much better RH. We'll be sure to make some work for ya!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 am

RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
Well folks I have been sneaking around watching and have decided to come back and be a bit more active here again. As you most know I suffered an injury a yr and a half ago and broke my back thus ending my career as a oil patch trucker/ equipment operator. I have done my rehab and re training and am now an NCSO ( National construction safety officer) And am employed by one of the big contractors working on the Anthony Henday Project here in Edmonton as the Company Safety Manager/Supervisor. So I am home every day now and no longer off to the great white north doing rig moves etc any longer. I can devote time to the site again and am looking forward to participating in the lively and decent debates here :D

Man, can I ever sympathize with the broken back. I'm really glad to hear you're doing better and found a new career that you can work in with your injury.

Good to have ya back RH [B-o]