CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 am
 


http://ca.news.yahoo.com/looser-pot-law ... 39933.html

Image


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33424
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 am
 


Attachment:
but it's legal.jpg
but it's legal.jpg [ 53.45 KiB | Viewed 221 times ]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20915
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 am
 


I love the file name, :lol:

As long as they leave people who smoke up quietly in their backyard/home alone,
I really could care less about the other possible restrictions.

In all actuality, I don't care at all about it anymore. Marijuana, frankly, is a teenage drug, :lol:


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33424
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 am
 


Public_Domain wrote:
I love the file name, :lol:

As long as they leave people who smoke up quietly in their backyard/home alone,
I really could care less about the other possible restrictions.

In all actuality, I don't care at all about it anymore. Marijuana, frankly, is a teenage drug, :lol:


Half the fun I have with funny pictures is the filename. ;)

I don't think it's a teenage drug. That's alcohol, acid, mushrooms, peyote. . .

And I agree - keep it in private, just like cigarettes, and it's all fine.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13956
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:42 am
 


Quote:
"Canadians know what a Liberal-led NDP high-tax coalition would mean: a soft-on-crime agenda; repealing mandatory prison sentences for violent offenders; a reckless plan to legalize marijuana, making it easier for children to smoke," Saskatchewan's David Anderson said in a member's statement in the Commons.

Mr. Anderson needs to get out more. Considering you can get weed delivered to your door faster than a pizza these days, I fail to see how legalization will make it any easier for kids to smoke weed than it already is.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 am
 


Quote:
VPD to feds: illegal pot dispensaries not high priority

Vancouver police say they won’t bust down the doors of the city’s many illegal medical marijuana dispensaries April 1 when a new federal law will delegate weed production and distribution to a handful of licensed premises.

Coun. Kerry Jang — who closely watches health issues — minced no words, saying the city believes the federal law interferes with the right of people to access medicine. As a result, the city won’t make any extraordinary efforts to shut down “professionally run” medical marijuana dispensaries, even though most operate without city business licenses.

“It really is about access to medication, and the rules under the new federal law would essentially block people from getting their medication,” he said. “We just don’t see these dispensaries as something we need to shut down, as long as they are only providing marijuana to people who medically need it.”

The city’s position is being hailed by medical marijuana dispensary operators as a reasoned response to a new federal law they believe will force the production of medical marijuana underground.


http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Vanc ... story.html


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20878
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 am
 


It's not a reasoned response, it's avoiding the issue. And it's given the police more discretionary power than they should have.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 am
 


Same with the idea of ticketing as an option instead of criminal charges - the cop can decide which route to go. You're going to get these sorts of contradictions unless you go full legalization and regulation. Decrim of any sort doesn't really make sense, since production and sales are still in the hands of criminals. But its various governments sensing how the tide is turning and trying to respond without alienating the anti crowd.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 206
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:09 pm
 


I'm thinking Mr McKay is funnin with us.





An Ottawa couple who uses medical marijuana are suing the federal government for a combined $6.5 million – a projected figure of what it will cost them to stay medicated for the next 40 years when Health Canada changes rules to its Medical Marijuana Access Regulation.


Russell Barth says he consumes about 11 to 12 grams of pot every day (he says he has a prescription for 16 grams per day) for pain management related to his fibromyalgia symptoms as well as post-traumatic stress. Barth and his wife Christine Lowe, who suffers from epilepsy, say they have a designated grower, an arrangement which allows them to stay medicated for far less than it will cost them under the new rules.


While he did not disclose how much he spends a year, he said a friend of his grew a year’s worth of marijuana in a single summer at a cost of $500.


When Health Canada changes come into effect at the end of the month, Barth and his wife won’t be able to afford the up to $15 per gram they will forced to pay from commercial growers. The changes will also force Barth to destroy all the stocked-up pot he already has – about 78 plants and 3.5 kilograms of dried marijuana that he says is worth over $130,000.


His statement of claim gives the Crown three options: remove cannabis from the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA) for everybody, grant him and his wife a section 56 that would exempt them from the CDSA or pay them the money so they can afford to medicate themselves in the future. Ideally, Barth wants marijuana to be legal for everyone. He sees a market of cheap or free pot under those circumstances.


“Pot should be sold in supermarkets,” said Barth. “Pot should be as legal as coffee and chocolate, not tobacco and alcohol.”


The new rules, which come into effect March 31, 2014, will no longer allow medical marijuana patients to grow their own pot or use designated growers.



http://metronews.ca/news/ottawa/966148/ ... for-6-5-m/


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:26 pm
 


Tell him to move to Vancouver. Cops there have said they won't go after compassion clubs that only sell to people with a prescription.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13620
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 pm
 


Centre wrote:
I'm thinking Mr McKay is funnin with us.





An Ottawa couple who uses medical marijuana are suing the federal government for a combined $6.5 million – a projected figure of what it will cost them to stay medicated for the next 40 years when Health Canada changes rules to its Medical Marijuana Access Regulation.


Russell Barth says he consumes about 11 to 12 grams of pot every day (he says he has a prescription for 16 grams per day) for pain management related to his fibromyalgia symptoms as well as post-traumatic stress. Barth and his wife Christine Lowe, who suffers from epilepsy, say they have a designated grower, an arrangement which allows them to stay medicated for far less than it will cost them under the new rules.


While he did not disclose how much he spends a year, he said a friend of his grew a year’s worth of marijuana in a single summer at a cost of $500.


When Health Canada changes come into effect at the end of the month, Barth and his wife won’t be able to afford the up to $15 per gram they will forced to pay from commercial growers. The changes will also force Barth to destroy all the stocked-up pot he already has – about 78 plants and 3.5 kilograms of dried marijuana that he says is worth over $130,000.


His statement of claim gives the Crown three options: remove cannabis from the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA) for everybody, grant him and his wife a section 56 that would exempt them from the CDSA or pay them the money so they can afford to medicate themselves in the future. Ideally, Barth wants marijuana to be legal for everyone. He sees a market of cheap or free pot under those circumstances.


“Pot should be sold in supermarkets,” said Barth. “Pot should be as legal as coffee and chocolate, not tobacco and alcohol.”


The new rules, which come into effect March 31, 2014, will no longer allow medical marijuana patients to grow their own pot or use designated growers.



http://metronews.ca/news/ottawa/966148/ ... for-6-5-m/


Good luck with that one. :roll:

They may want to read about how much it costs to sue, and what your chances of winning are. :lol:

If they can afford to sue then they've got enough money to purchase legal marijuana and this scenario sounds more like they're being backed by someone with deep pockets and a vested interest in keeping their growing options open rather than compassion.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 206
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:39 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Centre wrote:
I'm thinking Mr McKay is funnin with us.





An Ottawa couple who uses medical marijuana are suing the federal government for a combined $6.5 million – a projected figure of what it will cost them to stay medicated for the next 40 years when Health Canada changes rules to its Medical Marijuana Access Regulation.




http://metronews.ca/news/ottawa/966148/ ... for-6-5-m/


Good luck with that one. :roll:

They may want to read about how much it costs to sue, and what your chances of winning are. :lol:

If they can afford to sue then they've got enough money to purchase legal marijuana and this scenario sounds more like they're being backed by someone with deep pockets and a vested interest in keeping their growing options open rather than compassion.




And that is the problem with McKay's BS on 'softer regs' for Pot coming from the Harperites.

Will never happen...








Image


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.