canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:53 pm

$1:
In a recent interview with Men's Journal, Mark Wahlberg made a remark about the 9/11 attacks that could spark a considerable controversy.
Wahlberg was originally scheduled to fly on one of the planes that hit the World Trade Center. Fortunately for him, he took a different flight a week earlier. When he spoke to Men's Journal about what could have been, Wahlberg remarked, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"
Wahlberg quickly apologized for the remark. According to gossip site TMZ, he said that his comments were "irresponsible and that "to speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."
Apologizing was a wise move. Wahlberg's comment was quickly picked up by blogs and news organizations. NPR, Washington Post, Us Weekly, and Huffington Post have all covered the story. The Washington Post wonders whether Wahlberg's comment could be considered offensive to people who lost loved ones on 9/11. Lanford Beard of Entertainment Weekly writes, "Methinks a certain A-list action hero is getting a little too Method."

TMZ spoke with Deena Burnett-Bailey, whose husband, Thomas Burnett, called her moments before the plane crashed into the tower. Burnett-Bailey told TMZ: "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful. Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/mark- ... 11338.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Clown.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:00 pm

That may have been a good movie plot but its 10 years too late! 8O :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Wahlberg has always been a twat. Delusional imbecile, somehow I doubt he would be quite so cocky if he was actually in the situation. Little different trying to derail the plans of terrorists than his antics of years past such as blinding a man while he was high on PCP. Stay classy Wahlberg. Dipshit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Marky Mark was actually enough of a juiced-up nut back when he was younger that he probably would be the type to spontaneously attack an armed terrorist. Numbers and reality being what it was it'd just have meant that he would have got his throat cut and ended up just as dead as if he'd been on the plane that was crashed into the WTC. Foolish bravado and chest-thumping, that's all. Why he's saying something like this now as opposed to ten years ago remains kind of puzzling though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Marky Mark thinks he's a toughguy, does he? Small fry. I could stick him in my ass. 8O

CAUTION: Not for viewing at work or with the kids around:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:02 pm

The passengers tried that on flight 93...the plane never reached its intended target. If people had of known they were only armed with mere utility lives I think they may have been more aggressive...but no one knew what they had or what they had planned

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Why he's saying something like this now as opposed to ten years ago remains kind of puzzling though.

Easy. Boogie Nights and any serious dramatic roles are long behind the one-trick pony, so his only shot a half-way steady stream of income is to brand himself for a role in whatever shitty action movie he can steal away from Dolph Lundgren.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Dolph ain't no dummy. He was awarded a Fullbright scholarship to MIT after graduating, at the top of his class, with a Masters in Chemical Engineering from Sydney University....that being said, perhaps he should have remained an academic as he sucks as an actor.

he also spent two years in the Swedish Royal marines and and has a backbelt in Kyokushin karate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:41 pm

So he likely doesn't need my help kicking Marky Mark's ass.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 pm

yes the secret head butting, kicking in the nuts and twice in the face techniques of Scottish Fok Yoo(or Gunnair's Fok Ewe) need not to be unleashed on the bugger.