canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:04 pm

We've been waiting for a phone call that we know starts with 232. The phone call is from a company, so the last 4 digits are different depending who's calling

Well, we have call display and since Monday, I've been monitoring the calls and answer only the ones that have 232, which have happened about 4 times/day since Monday So I answered and every time, nobody was at the other end. I usually waited about 20 seconds before hanging up. I called back to the exact same number that was on the call display (there has been 6 different numbers since Monday) and the message - THIS NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE - is the only thing I get.

Now, if it would have happened only once, I wouldn't care, but it has happened more than 10 times since Monday, 3 times so far again today... WTF is going on? How can a number NOT be in service but I'm still getting calls from that number (well actually, make that 6 numbers).. I'm starting to think E.T is not far behind :roll: PDT_Armataz_01_28

I have absolutely no explanation for this - anyone cares to enlighten me? 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:23 pm

That's what I thought at first, but you'd think that waiting about 20 seconds and saying hello about a gazillion times, someone would say something, especially after the 3rd call in a day...

Thanks for your answer - it's just really bugging me that it has happened so many times since Monday... I also did a reverse lookup on 411.ca and it says that the carrier is Bell Canada. If it doesn't stop tomorrow, I'm gonna give them a call to make them stop the insanity :P

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:38 pm

My parents used to get that a lot and they got that call zapper thing and its actually worked, they maybe get one call a week as compared to 5+ a day before.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi luv (thanks for the encouragement - u made me smile! - 'nd where's the CoOkIeS???)
WDHIII could be right on the button, but if you were "expecting" this call from the company, could it be they are trying to fax you - to contact you? Alotta companies figure everyone and their mothers have fax machines and often enuff, when returning contact, they fax, but if it's advertising info, or an agency, then the odds are it's definately a trunk line. :roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Could well be that. I know I get the fax screach all the time here.