canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Recently ,Ive taken a trip to Sanfrancisco,California. It really is a beatiful city,awe inspiring scenery and architecture. Its not hard to see why its quite famous as a tourist destination.But its not the sites that I remember,its more the hopelessness of the homeless.These people were starving (paper thin),sleeping in the streets .You give them 5 bucks and they go directly to the macdonalds and buy food ,not drugs or booze but food.No one even looks at them as they walk by.It was heartbreaking to see.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:27 pm

I was there 2 years ago . I agree nice place great tourist town. I didn't notice any difference from the homeless in SF to the homeless in any other major city. Do they do less drugs?...maybe.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Its just that from what ive seen in other cities the bums were clothed and were fed at te least but these people were in rags and starved ,most were suffering from rickets and such.How does this happen to someone?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Funny story I was thinking about this thread this afternoon. I remember a guy sitting on fishermans wharf with a cup and a sign, he was polite and very friendly with the tourists. his sign said something along the line"can you spare some change please I won't lie I am going to spend it on booze.. Thankyou"

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:23 am

Now those are the ones you normally see,but again they at least look fed and have clothing. The ones we seen were virtually starved and had filthy rags that were caked in dirt.They had blank stares ,Just lost ,no hope no nothing. This wasnt the third world but right in the center of a major metropolis.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:49 am

Are you trying to say this is only a problem in major American cities?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:01 am

mtbr mtbr:
Are you trying to say this is only a problem in major American cities?

where did you read that???

i see it as One was under heavy impression from this particular city and what he saw ther so he came up here to share

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:14 am

I didn't, I posed a question.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:19 am

mtbr mtbr:
I didn't, I posed a question.

so you got the question out of the clear blue? or smth made you think it could be so?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:30 am

So what's your point for questioning me about my question? Are you reading something between the lines.?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:54 am

mtbr mtbr:
So what's your point for questioning me about my question? Are you reading something between the lines.?

to be frank, yes, a lil bit...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:16 am

go ahead spit it out.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 am

I'm thinking the point is that we here in Canada and the United States are so wealthy and live in such wealthy countries that it's unbelievable that such people should exist in our society. That we give so much to help "third world countries" while ignoring those very same conditions our own country.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 am

TheQuietKidd TheQuietKidd:
I'm thinking the point is that we here in Canada and the United States are so wealthy and live in such wealthy countries that it's unbelievable that such people should exist in our society. That we give so much to help "third world countries" while ignoring those very same conditions our own country.

I agree.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 am

1andonly 1andonly:
Recently ,Ive taken a trip to Sanfrancisco,California. It really is a beatiful city,awe inspiring scenery and architecture. Its not hard to see why its quite famous as a tourist destination.But its not the sites that I remember,its more the hopelessness of the homeless.These people were starving (paper thin),sleeping in the streets .You give them 5 bucks and they go directly to the macdonalds and buy food ,not drugs or booze but food.No one even looks at them as they walk by.It was heartbreaking to see.

Poverty is the highest value of Christians. Hopelessness is not about poverty, it’s about social exclusion.