Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 pm

CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
HyperionTheEvil HyperionTheEvil:
Candidly i'm sick and tired of the Royals fobbing off their problem children to some Commonwealth country.
When did that happen?

So, I'm assuming you've never heard of Edward the VIII and Wallace Simpson?

Next stop Prince Andrew as the Governor General of Tristan Da Cunha. ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
HyperionTheEvil HyperionTheEvil:
Candidly i'm sick and tired of the Royals fobbing off their problem children to some Commonwealth country.
When did that happen?

"sick and tired of the royal fobbing off their problem children"

References something that happened 70 years ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:55 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

I think we actually have laws here that prevent tabloids and paparazzi from harassing targets unmercifully, especially to the point of getting them killed like was done to Diana. Piers Morgan and the others among the tabloid sewer filth will be disappointed that it won't be a free-for-all for them in their attempt to annihilate Harry and Meghan.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Tricks Tricks:

And the problem with history is?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:02 pm

Tricks Tricks:

And the problem with history is?

If it happens once every 4 generations or so, it's strange to "get tired of it". Were you even alive the last time it happened?

Not to mention, the royals aren't fobbing anything off on us. They're leaving of their own accord. Not being forced out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I like the part where the British press, who still pay money for pics to the same Euro-trash paparazzi scum that literally chased Harry's mom to her death, are in the position of arbiter of what is right and what is wrong for Harry to do. Yes, the likes of Piers Morgan are now the deciders of propriety for others.

Whatever. Just another sign that the world is so far gone into existential obscenity and anything-goes-for-money that it can't ever be redeemed. If the asteroid ever comes let's hope sudden karmic justice erupts and it splits into two pieces to smash into Mar-A-Lago and Fleet Street simultaneously.

Well said!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I think we actually have laws here that prevent tabloids and paparazzi from harassing targets unmercifully, especially to the point of getting them killed like was done to Diana. Piers Morgan and the others among the tabloid sewer filth will be disappointed that it won't be a free-for-all for them in their attempt to annihilate Harry and Meghan.

The tabloids and paparazzi wouldn't exist if it wasn't for people who are so pathetic that they get off on that kind of crap and buy it, thus supporting it and giving that sick industry a purpose.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Tricks Tricks:

If it happens once every 4 generations or so, it's strange to "get tired of it". Were you even alive the last time it happened?

Not to mention, the royals aren't fobbing anything off on us. They're leaving of their own accord. Not being forced out.

No I wasn't although, I didn't know that was a requirement to form an opinion about an event in history. But, with that criteria there's gonna be one hell of alot of historians who'll be out of work soon.

Oh, and by the way, Edward the VIII and Wallace Simpson actually left of their own accord because they made the conscious decision to get married despite what the Royal Family and British Gov't wanted, much like this pair. The only thing the British Gov't did for them was soften the blow of Edwards having to abdicate by making him Governor of the Bahama's.

And yes the Royals aren't technically fobbing these two off on us but, they are likely going to stick we poor colonials with the security bill for keeping them safe because despite Harry and Meghan's claims that they just want to live a "normal life" you can't escape your past and people, some with ill intentions will want to gain access to them.

Besides it will reflect extremely badly on our gov't and country if something were to happen to them while they were in Canada whether we were paying for the security detail or not. Which means in order to keep ourselves safe from reproach on the world stage we're going to have to ensure that their security detail is over and above what the Royal Family and British gov't are paying for, if they even do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:25 am

Oh lucky us. Allow me to bend over and pollute my drawers in joyous celebration.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 am

herbie herbie:
Went to see John Horgan speak yesterday, there were 6 RCMP there for security.
Tired of hearing people whining about what policing "costs". They fucking get paid to work regardless but fucking beancounters like to slice out a single job and snivel about how much that costs.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:03 pm

herbie herbie:
Went to see John Horgan speak yesterday, there were 6 RCMP there for security.
Tired of hearing people whining about what policing "costs". They fucking get paid to work regardless but fucking beancounters like to slice out a single job and snivel about how much that costs.

And you haven't noticed a difference between providing security for an elected Canadian Official and a former group of Royal Family members who requires 24/7 security because of their station in life?

We don't begrudge our elected officials security because we put them in a position that requires said security. Anyone else not so much and we'd be outraged if someone like Galen Weston required security and we were made to pay for it.

But, what we certainly didn't do is put Harry and Meghan in a position that requires security. One did that on her own and the other was born into it. So, if they, the British gov't or the Royal Family want a security detail for them while in Canada they should be paying for it not the Canadian Taxpayers.

But here's an example of what I'm saying. How much money do the Canadian Taxpayers pay for David Thompson, 3rd Baron Thompson of Fleet's security? He's royalty so why aren't we paying his security bills or any of the other Canadians who hold British Royal titles?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:25 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

R=UP

Let's hope they get an injunction real quick to shut down the paparazzi.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

R=UP

Let's hope they get an injunction real quick to shut down the paparazzi.

If I lived in North Saanich, I'd put on my Bone Dry, and go out looking for Paparazzi. I'd stand a couple of feet from them, between them and their intended victim.

When they got really angry with me for using my right to be in public spaces, I'd light up a big fatty upwind of them.

Fuck those parasites.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next