canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:34 am

Quote:
BEIJING, China - The number of dead pigs found floating in a river flowing into Shanghai has reached nearly 6,000.
The Shanghai municipal government said on an online announcement that 5,916 swine carcasses had been retrieved from Huangpu River by 3 p.m. Tuesday, but added that municipal water remains safe.
The surge in the dumping of dead pigs — most likely from pig farms in the upstream Jiaxing area in the neighbouring Zhejiang province — has followed police campaigns to curb the illicit trade of pork products harvested from diseased pigs.
The authorities say the city has taken proper measures to safely dispose of the pig carcasses and that the city's water plants are stepping up efforts to disinfect public water and testing for six common swine viruses.

MMMMMM pork products harvested from diseased pigs. Guess we'll see those viruses over here soon.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

If we do, it won't be from the pork itself, it'll be from a tourist infected with some SARS-like virus that spreads around the globe like wildfire.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am

Memo to self: avoid the 'special' on pork chow mein. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 am

Politics in China... oh wait, these are real pigs. :oops:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:28 pm

World War Z...this is how it starts...

Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Dispose of in china?? Nah, they just collect the pigs and use them for some kind of Bio weapon program and mass execution drugs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Screw the pigs. The dead bodies you see floating by are much more disconcerting. 8O

And a word to the wise. Never go swimming in Hong Kong Harbour either. I'm pretty sure I'm still getting shots from that accident. [cry]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Quote:
BEIJING, China - The number of dead pigs found floating in a river flowing into Shanghai has reached nearly 6,000.
The Shanghai municipal government said on an online announcement that 5,916 swine carcasses had been retrieved from Huangpu River by 3 p.m. Tuesday, but added that municipal water remains safe.
The surge in the dumping of dead pigs — most likely from pig farms in the upstream Jiaxing area in the neighbouring Zhejiang province — has followed police campaigns to curb the illicit trade of pork products harvested from diseased pigs.
The authorities say the city has taken proper measures to safely dispose of the pig carcasses and that the city's water plants are stepping up efforts to disinfect public water and testing for six common swine viruses.

The water remains safe? Are you kidding me? 8O

Testing for 6 common viruses sure as hell does not mean they are checking for the one(s) that diseased them in the first place.

And WTF is with dumping them in a river to begin with as means of getting rid of them?

Scary shit man.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Strutz wrote:
And WTF is with dumping them in a river to begin with as means of getting rid of them?

Scary shit man.

Probably the farmers dumped them in water before getting caught transforming sick pigs. Besides, when you dump in a river, it's not your problem anymore, it becomes the problem of those living downstream. 8O

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 pm

So they are picking the pigs out of the river... shame they have no budget to pick up any of the other trash.

China Stronk!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks for the visual...

PDT_Armataz_01_32

The rest of the trash is pretty gross too.

Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 pm

One other thing in china that is well known. Pharmaceuticals Pollution. I have seen many pics showing drugs, hypo's and other floating and on shore in several of there river's. They have the nerve to claim that Canada/Mexico/US are the big trash heaps, ha China is I call a spade when I see it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:41 am

Vamp018 wrote:
One other thing in china that is well known. Pharmaceuticals Pollution. I have seen many pics showing drugs, hypo's and other floating and on shore in several of there river's. They have the nerve to claim that Canada/Mexico/US are the big trash heaps, ha China is I call a spade when I see it.

Actually, there is a problem with pharma-pollution in Canada and the US. It's not just from dumping though, it's from people on medications peeing.
Montreal noticed this problem a few years back and current water treatment facilities across the continent are NOT capable of handling the problem.
With an estimated 25% of the CAN-US population on some sort of mood altering prescription drugs peeing them out, not to mention those that dump their expired meds down the john, a lot of us are probably getting exposed to drugs we don't need just from our drinking water.