Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Ahh come on, do it, just for the optics. Perhaps you could go for your holidays and rough up some wetbacks.

The Minutemen, as a policy, do not 'rough up' anyone. All they are supposed to do is to call the Border Patrol when they spot an incursion by illegals. That's all.

Also, anymore when I get vacation time I really just want to be on a cruise ship with my butt in a chair on a balcony sipping coffee and watching the ships, whales, birds, and dolphins pass by.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
When I get vacation time I really just want to be on a cruise ship with my butt in a chair on a balcony sipping coffee and watching the ships, whales, birds, and dolphins pass by.

And by "ships, whales, birds and dolphins" you mean college girls.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
When I get vacation time I really just want to be on a cruise ship with my butt in a chair on a balcony sipping coffee and watching the ships, whales, birds, and dolphins pass by.

You've obviously never been on too many cruises! :lol:

Most of the 'girls' I ever see on those ships are older than most colleges. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 pm

You must cruising at the wrong time of the year. Whenever we've gone, the ships've been packed with college kids. There was a whole gaggle of scantily-clad Ole Miss tarts on the Norwegian Gem last spring.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Lemmy Lemmy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

You've obviously never been on too many cruises! :lol:

Most of the 'girls' I ever see on those ships are older than most colleges. :P

Yup, only very old people go on cruises. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Or... I've heard that mostly young people go on these cruises. 8O

http://www.gaycruisevacations.com/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:13 pm

I only want to spend time on speed boats and ferries....the idea of holidaying on a ship is alien to me, after living and working on one, even though it was years ago. Mind you, if I won a huge lottery I might live on a yacht, that was tied alongside a big jetty sticking out from an acre or two of land I owned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:18 pm

After the adventures of the Carnival shit-boat that was adrift in the Gulf of Mexico a couple of months ago I'm kinda amazed that anyone would want to go on cruise at all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:27 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
I only want to spend time on speed boats and ferries....the idea of holidaying on a ship is alien to me, after living and working on one, even though it was years ago. Mind you, if I won a huge lottery I might live on a yacht, that was tied alongside a big jetty sticking out from an acre or two of land I owned.

Same here, except for the speed boats. I've worked on fishing boats, been out to sea in the Bluenose II and Canadian Naval ships. I have absolutely no interest in cruise ships unless I could use them for the sole purpose of getting from point A to point B... but in that case, they'd be high priced ferries.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:32 pm

While I love the idea of a cruise, I'm not sure it would work for me. I'm one of those people who goes to Mexico and takes the first 4 days to relax enough to be able to enjoy sitting on the beach doing nothing. From what I understand cruises tend to be a lot of that, except without the sand. And I've been told the excursions when in port tend to be too rushed and hard to book.

I'd still like to do an Alaskan cruiuse one day though and next time I go to Denmark I really want to do the cruise from Copenhagen to Oslo. It's only overnight so doesn't really count as a cruise, but I've been told that waking up in the morning while sailing through Oslo fjord is ann absolutely amazing experience.

On topic... I married a single mom, so I've done my part to alleviate poverty, what do the rest of you plan to do?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Unsound Unsound:
On topic... I married a single mom, so I've done my part to alleviate poverty, what do the rest of you plan to do?

Get a job. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

raydan raydan:
Unsound Unsound:

Get a job. :lol:

And a haircut?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:53 pm

raydan raydan:
Yup, only very old people go on cruises. :lol:

I see you know me! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:57 pm

We had a bizarre episode with a single mom at a place I worked at a long time ago. She was kind of odd, possibly even borderline retarded, and had spectacularly bad taste in men. One day someone called her up at her desk pretending to be a cop and told her over the phone that her ex (and son's daddy) had been killed in a car accident. She started screaming and freaking out and the whole office went kind of bonkers. A couple of hours later her ex, alive and well, phones up and tells her he's OK, that it was all some horrible prank one of his pothead buddies that he owed money to had decided to do to get back at the ex for not paying up on his dope bill. The real police had gotten involved in the meantime, warnings were issued to the ex and his dumbass friends, and the idiot that made the fake phone call got arrested for his stupidity and dope-dealing.

Not long after all of us in the office got downsized and went our separate ways. I kinda wondered a few times after that how that girl and her kid ended up. Based on the mother's bad choices in male companions and the absolute fucking moronism that the father (who we found out later wasn't much smarter than his prank caller friend was) had displayed odds are none of it turned out well. Most single moms aren't living like this with this kind of nonsense going on in their lives resulting from them having children with the worst males they can find but, sadly, probably too many of them are. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Unsound Unsound:
While I love the idea of a cruise, I'm not sure it would work for me. I'm one of those people who goes to Mexico and takes the first 4 days to relax enough to be able to enjoy sitting on the beach doing nothing. From what I understand cruises tend to be a lot of that, except without the sand. And I've been told the excursions when in port tend to be too rushed and hard to book.

I'd still like to do an Alaskan cruiuse one day though and next time I go to Denmark I really want to do the cruise from Copenhagen to Oslo. It's only overnight so doesn't really count as a cruise, but I've been told that waking up in the morning while sailing through Oslo fjord is ann absolutely amazing experience.

The last cruise I did was 16 days round-trip from San Francisco to Hawai'i. It starts out with five days in a row at sea and that pretty much forces you to slow down and relax. I did a lot of hanging out on the balcony and looking out at the world with my binoculars and the long lens on the camera. By the time we made Hilo I was relaxed and ready to go have some fun ashore.

We skipped the excursions and just rented a car and took our time to see a few things and enjoy them as opposed to spending most of the time in what Mrs. Bart calls 'The Big Butt Bus' with all of the fatties. On the Big Island we accidentally ended up renting a 4x4 for the same price as a sedan so we made the best of it and went off road in several places. Most enjoyable!

On the way back we had four sea days before Ensenada and then another sea day before returning to San Francisco. Again...very relaxing.

Unsound Unsound:

Lisa and I put other people's kids through college. Four so far since 1997. :wink:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next