Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
See, that's the problem with soft southerners....there's your pussy idea of cold(mild to everybody else) and then there's COLD. And before you go on about California's heat, I've lived in tropical heat for quite a few years and in the blistering desert summer heat of the African horn

No doubt!

Personally, I'll take the cold over the heat, simply because you can always toss on another sweater or thicker jacket, but there is only so much you can take off in the heat!

People who carry a lot of extra pounds prefer the cold. Just like whale blubber. :lol:

They get all sweaty when it's above 15C.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:00 pm

jj2424 jj2424:
bootlegga bootlegga:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
See, that's the problem with soft southerners....there's your pussy idea of cold(mild to everybody else) and then there's COLD. And before you go on about California's heat, I've lived in tropical heat for quite a few years and in the blistering desert summer heat of the African horn

No doubt!

Personally, I'll take the cold over the heat, simply because you can always toss on another sweater or thicker jacket, but there is only so much you can take off in the heat!

People who carry a lot of extra pounds prefer the cold. Just like whale blubber. :lol:

It's pretty evident you get turned on by chubbies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:18 pm

What's JJ's problem again?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm

no forks in the family tree

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Brenda Brenda:

Reoccurring case of the Douche... :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Brenda Brenda:

He's got a terminal case of DoucheBagitis coupled with a chronic Trolling syndrome! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm

His Uncle Jedidiah is his daddy, and his sister Marylou is his ma.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Nope, he's just a fat slob.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Ainsworth hotsprings: You can jump from the hot spring into a glacier-fed pool right next to it (and then right back into the hot springs!). Not recommended if you've got any issues wiuth your ticker, apparently. Gives you a wicked body stone for about 5 minutes though.
I love Ainsworth. I want to go and spend Xmas there with my wife.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:16 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

I've done that at Radium Hot Springs - they have a tiny glacier-fed pool next to the larger hot springs pools, but I was talking about Clearwater Lake and a few others in the Rockies - talk about fricking cold, even for me!

It's surprising the stupid things you do when you have a few beers in you and a couple cute chicks nearby - nothing is impossible! :lol:

At least it gives us a real excuse for shrinkage.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:21 pm

jj2424 jj2424:

No doubt!

I would bet you don't have an ounce of fat on you. Especially between your ears!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Long history of forecasts

The Almanac has been foretelling weather forecasts for 223 years, and its predictions are known to have an average of accuracy rating of approximately 80 per cent. The predictions are derived from a secret formula devised in 1792 by the almanac’s founder, Robert B. Thomas.

“We do have the physical formula, but it’s long since been put into computer algorithms,” Burnett said.

The almanac employs meteorology, climatology, solar patterns, and historical weather conditions to make its predictions.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/t-rex-of-w ... -1.2012804

Robert B. Thomas was certainly a genius if he developed an 80% accurate algorithm from the measurements and observations available in the nascent Eastern USA in 1792.

I think the Almanac is better taken as a quaint folkloric bathroom reader than as a serious predictor of long-range weather.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Winter forecast...

Very cold for a few days, sunny or cloudy and mostly windy.
Warms up a little bit and the wind turns to the north east.
Lots of snow, with 5 foot drifts.

Repeat ad nauseam, but sprinkle in a few days of rain and/or freezing rain when you least expect it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:31 pm

raydan raydan:
Winter forecast...

Very cold for a few days, sunny or cloudy and mostly windy.
Warms up a little bit and the wind turns to the north east.
Lots of snow, with 5 foot drifts.

Repeat ad nauseam, but sprinkle in a few days of rain and/or freezing rain when you least expect it.

...or...wetgreywetrainwindrainwindgreycloudfogfogwindraindelugesundelugerainmudhailsnowraingreygrey and repeat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Jeez, must suck on the Island. Here in the lower mainland we had one of the sunniest winters I can recall. Got cold sometimes (for the coast) but I'll take it over all rain all the time. Can't complain about the whole year we've had so far: dry, sunny winter, warm but not too hot, and very sunny summer. And more coming down the pike, with Sunday forecast to reach 25. Nope, weather Gods, unlike the ungrateful sod above, I'm not complaining. If this is global warming, keep it coming.