canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:50 am

peck420 peck420:
Anybody got tips on manual pollination...or do I just have to learn by killing enough of them?

Manual pollination??!

I didn't think they needed pollination, as male plants are generally frowned upon.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 am

$1:
Anybody got tips on manual pollination...or do I just have to learn by killing enough of them?

Found a video for you. I don't know a thing about it but hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Sa6HWhAsE

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:56 am

stratos stratos:
$1:

Found a video for you. I don't know a thing about it but hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Sa6HWhAsE

Where does he get the pollen from, originally? :?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:58 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Manual pollination??!

I didn't think they needed pollination, as male plants are generally frowned upon.

That part is for the orchids and vanilla, lol.

Sadly, I am just starting attempt 3. I have zero success's so far. Ah well, I will get it one day.

If I ever do manage to master this, I will try saffron. Be the biggest spice dealer in the west...and yes, that is precisely what my car (and card!) will say.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:16 am

peck420 peck420:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Manual pollination??!

That part is for the orchids and vanilla, lol.

Ah! Ok, you scared me there. I paid extra for feminized and autoflowering* seeds. I'm like "pollination!?!" WTF? 8O

It does sound interesting to grow those. I grow some hot peppers. Long Red, Tabasco, Jalapenos, but haven't had much success with Buht Joika or Carolina Reaper. I don't have a greenhouse, just a couple of covered planters but I'm finding they are pretty useless for fruiting plants. Kale, chard, sure they are awesome. Strawberries, peppers - they will grow huge plants, but with no fruit on them. :(

I don't really want to breed cannabis. I don't really use enough of it to justify that time and effort. I did think of making a small ( 4 X 4 X 8) greenhouse out of white/transparent polycarbonate to keep them private while growing, but haven't gotten around to building it or speccing the polycarbonate (needs to be mostly opaque to visible light, but clear to UV)

*and why wouldn't a plant flower, in order to reproduce? [huh]

peck420 peck420:
Sadly, I am just starting attempt 3. I have zero success's so far. Ah well, I will get it one day.

If I ever do manage to master this, I will try saffron. Be the biggest spice dealer in the west...and yes, that is precisely what my car (and card!) will say.

That actually is a cool idea!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 am

On a side note, I have read that adding pollen to a joint/vapourizer is an amazing experience. :idea:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:37 am

One year since legalization. :rock:

I found a pretty cool 'reuse' cycle that not only feeds lots of people with a small per-acre input, but deals with organic waste and a by-product can be very beneficial to flowering plants.

Crickets.

not {/crickets} but the actual bug. They eat waste, produce more cricket that we can eat. But their castings - shed exoskeletons and feces, cause plants to think they are being attacked by bugs, so produce 40% - 60% more flowers!

Podcast:
http://13533.mc.tritondigital.com/CBC_S ... 191011.mp3

Story:

https://nationalpost.com/life/crickets- ... ey-produce

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:53 am

I'm noticed that THC oil gives me weird side effects, like "hypnic jerks"... not as I'm falling asleep, but something that wakes me up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am

One good thing about THC is that you can get drunk high and unlike booze, no hangover and feeling shitty the next morning. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:13 am

^^ That's pretty much my thoughts on it. And the high doesn't last as long as alcohol.

With using a vaporizer, I also use it more like wine and whisky. The flavour is just as important, if not more, than the effect. And the side effects are awesome!

I don't like nacho chips. But when high, they are fantastic! So is creamed honey on crackers. Or just water! Plain water is so good when you are high! Only problem is I drink so much of it I have to have that 2am piss because I keep dreaming about trying to find a toilet. Good thing I can never find one!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:19 am

For the first time in many years, I may have gone a wee bit over my limit last night. A f**king big full-body muscle twitch, accompanied by a weird dream I don't remember, woke me up and I had to pee.

But I feel great this morning.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 am

Also, my crop is in mid-harvest. Had a lot of failures along the way. But I have a couple plants already harvested, and a couple more in progress.

0:
IMG_20190928_1823228 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20190928_1823228 - Copy.jpg [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 132 times ]

1:
IMG_20190920_1523302 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20190920_1523302 - Copy.jpg [ 631.09 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:29 am

raydan raydan:
For the first time in many years, I may have gone a wee bit over my limit last night. A f**king big full-body muscle twitch, accompanied by a weird dream I don't remember, woke me up and I had to pee.

But I feel great this morning.

You are having a strange reaction. I use high-cbd cannabis all the time, and have not had these experiences.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:24 am

I tried CDB without any THC first, now it's THC without any CBD... next up I'll try the mixes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:27 am

When I use THC (once a week), this is what I get...

A hypnic jerk is an involuntary twitch of one or more muscles that occurs as a person is falling asleep. It tends to happen just as the person is transitioning from a wakeful state to a sleeping state. Hypnic jerks are a type of involuntary muscle movement called myoclonus. Hiccups are another common form of myoclonus.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14 ... 21  Next