canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I comfort myself after a shitty day by letting myself know that humanity and everything I know and see, including my ability to know and see, are complete fucking accidents, a shuffling of numbers in just an ideal way (from our perspective, shit sucks for bees), and there is nothing that truly has any purpose past what we've invented and agreed to.

Our economic system is the crisis, the people are completely entranced with spectacles, and the system continues to grind a perpetually struggling population, especially at the expense of the environment and vast stretches of populations worldwide for the comforts of the West. "If there's any hope", yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway since none of that will happen and I'm doomed to die a hungry monkey in comfortable loafers, I'd just go with the survivalist kind of hobo deal if everything went to fuck. :|

I have a couple of friends who live completely off the grid, create their own electricity, are on a septic tank, well water, propane. They use no city services and have everything you and I have, except for the bs from people. Recessions don't hit them...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:38 am

Brenda Brenda:
Recessions don't hit them...

For recessions not to hit them they would have to be totally off the monetary grid as well - highly improbable. When they need parts for their generator, say, they'e going to need money to buy new parts. There were some communes in the 70's that really tried to get off the monetary grid. They still found they needed about $1 a month or so, (70's dollars) that the needed to buy things they couldn't do for themselves. And they didn't have "what you and I have." To be fully off the grid you'd need to live a hunter gatherer lifestyle, - the real one, not with rifles and pickup trucks a la FN's. Very few people could do that.

Some people prosper during recessions, there's always winners and losers no matter what the economy is doing. Smart people, of course, know how to ride either wave.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:13 am

Tyler_1 Tyler_1:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Still listening to The man in the High Castle.....Fucking brain candy time still.
It seems that while you have been reading someone started making a fucking TV show. :D
http://www.cnet.com/news/the-man-in-the-high-castle-amazons-biggest-pilot-ever-greenlit-for-a-full-series/

post2117272?hilit=what%20are%20you%20watching#p2117272

I've seen it already. The show is quite different than the book.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

8O 8O 8O I found a whole new level of frost boils today, these where fucking frost plateaus, and instead of caution signs, they should read, "slow the fuck down now, or fucking die !!!" 8O 8O 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Nope. Just another four-letter word, like 'fair', that should be fucking abolished. Time comes when a person can't hide anymore from what they really are, especially when what they really are is a failure.

If you're a failure then you're in fine company!

http://www.incomediary.com/went-bankrup ... h-millions

The advantage of losing everything is that you have nothing to lose and you're now free to take some serious risks in life! Move, start a new career, fuck it; start a new life if you want to!

When you're flat-ass busted you're essentially 18 again and the world is your oyster! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 am

That kind of optimism is impossible for me. The most optimistic I've ever been was when I came around to seeing that the bulk of humanity wasn't evil, but that they were merely incredibly fucking stupid. :|

Basically the world-wide breakdown goes like this:

5% genuinely good
5% kind of dumb but harmless
80% generic stupid
5% so dumb they're dangerous
5% genuinely evil.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am

Thanos Thanos:
5% genuinely evil.

You forgot the 100 cent evil peep that is fucking waiting for a puppy or kitty to keep them from going directly to hell with a wagon full of wood. Or plotting revenge, I'm not sure what happens when this happens. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:13 am

Puppies are 100% pure good. All dogs go to heaven. Kittehs are somewhere in the middle. I think half of them actually kind of like us but at least 100% of them wish they were bigger so they could fucking eat us. :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 am

Thanos Thanos:
Puppies are 100% pure good. All dogs go to heaven. Kittehs are somewhere in the middle. I think half of them actually kind of like us but at least 100% of them wish they were bigger so they could fucking eat us. :twisted:

Thank you and thank you more because I feel muchly fucks of better now and the whole world will live to see another day. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:24 am

Oh, the world will always survive. Humanity really has the same survival instincts that are normally displayed only by trapped and angry rats. That ensures longevity, if unfortunately it also permanently ensures the eternal rule and domination of the very worst over all of the others. I'll survive too, in one manner or another. I just jettisoned the insipid belief that I'll ever have another day go by in my life where I don't get a boot, figurative or otherwise, smashed into my fucking face. Like I said to begin with, someone has always got to lose. Kind of the same thing as a universal and karmic designated hitter rule. Hello world, meet the designated fucking loser. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

You are just a Noob, I have been a fucking loser since 1992. 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:44 am

Tyler_1 Tyler_1:
You are just a Noob, I have been a fucking loser since 1992. 8)

Donna? Is that you? [huh]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 am

Who?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 am

:lol: :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:51 am

:D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25360 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 1367  1368  1369  1370  1371  1372  1373 ... 1691  Next