canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Actually it goes beyond just hands and feet. It can also impact arms and legs I've ducking found out. Proximinal neuropathies, which is why walking has now become problematic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:04 pm

$1:
He's diabetic. The blood sugar ups and downs cause nerve damage in the hands and feet (and eyes). Nerve damage leads to excruciating pain - no one know why.I've got that to fucking look forward too as well. Hopefully I'll drop dead of something else before I get that bad.

Trying my fucking best not to head that direction myself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Sometimes despite all your efforts, it's fucking unavoidable. I'm going see if I can get some Tramacet next week. Most of the time I try to ignore it, but there are times that's impossible

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Actually it goes beyond just hands and feet. It can also impact arms and legs I've ducking found out. Proximinal neuropathies, which is why walking has now become problematic.

Ouch! :(

stratos stratos:
Trying my fucking best not to head that direction myself.

I started a new drug I was telling Shep about. It's helping me drop some weight. :) If I can drop enough, I might be able to back off the insulin and let my pancreas fire back up and to that job. The fucking slacker!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Sometimes despite all your efforts, it's fucking unavoidable.

^^ This.

We all develop diabetes if we live fucking long enough. Some of us just get it sooner.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:14 pm

For me I have a genetic predisposition. Fat or fucking skinny, all my dad's siblings developed it and my sister has it too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm

My grandma has type 2 diabetes, heard it skips a fucking generation. I also love candy, so I'll probably find out I have it after waking from a coma or something one day. My sister has "hypoglycemia", which seems a least a little easier to manage.

Best of luck Shep, sounds fucking rough.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
My grandma has type 2 diabetes, heard it skips a fucking generation.

Anyone can get type 2. You just have to eat more calories than you use. Gain weight, and *poof* you fucking get type 2.

I also love candy, so I'll probably find out I have it after waking from a coma or something one day.

Wonderful thing is, you might have it already! Lots of candy, not a lot of going into the big room with the orange ball . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:29 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Anyone can get type 2. You just have to eat more calories than you use. Gain weight, and *poof* you fucking get type 2.
Oh... well then, at a grand total of 125 pounds I'm fucking golden! :lol:

Wonderful thing is, you might have it already! Lots of candy, not a lot of going into the big room with the orange ball . . .
At what point do I start to notice? I'm terribly uneducated on this disease, I really have no idea what to expect. I consume a disgusting amount of sugar. If you saw what I do to my tea you'd slap the cup out of my hand.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
At what point do I start to notice? I'm terribly uneducated on this disease, I really have no idea what to expect. I consume a disgusting amount of sugar. If you saw what I do to my tea you'd slap the cup out of my hand.

Besides a little weight gain, the first thing I fucking noticed was the thirst. Unquenchable, like I could drink a bathtub dry. And drinking 3 liters of iced tea didn't quench it, it made it worse.

By the time you get to there, you are already fucked. Blood tests are the only way to know for sure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:00 pm

I always assumed it was one of those things with clear effects from the on-set. Probably do fucking have it then...

I just don't really consume more than I use. I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle but on the positive side I don't have the option to over eat. Not sure if that actually helps any.

I always assumed it was directly sugar, not calories, that causes this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:07 pm

I always assumed it was one of those things with clear effects from the on-set. Probably do fucking have it then...

I just don't really consume more than I use. I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle but on the positive side I don't have the option to over eat. Not sure if that actually helps any.

I always assumed it was directly sugar, not calories, that causes this.

The onset is high blood sugar over time. You don't actually feel that effect, but it can be measured in your blood cells and by protein in your urine whether your kidneys start to break down.

And it's from overeating for the amount of exercise you get, not from just eating too much sugar. Too much bread or pasta can give it to you as well. Might even be faster than sugar. ;) Starvation and not enough exercise is how many Africans avoid Diabetes. Which is why 'big bone' syndrome doesn't seem to be a problem there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I estimated how many fucking calories I tend to get in a day and it's usually around the 800-1000 mark; I assume my body burns most of that off by simply existing. Humans are really interesting, it's incredible how durable we are, despite all the little ways we're fucking fragile.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:06 pm

There are a few theories about the origins of type 2. Some think it's a feast-famine gene that started off as a beneficial trait, allowing those who had it to survive long periods on extremely low caloric intake. It's also been postulated that it starts as hypoglycemia. .... your body just says duck it and stops using insulin effectively.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:19 pm

For me I have a genetic predisposition. Fat or fucking skinny, all my dad's siblings developed it and my sister has it too.

Same here Shep. It comes from my dads side of the family. Also my sis and I have it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25360 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 1467  1468  1469  1470  1471  1472  1473 ... 1691  Next