bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Did you call the fucking Shop Steward and get the union involved? Can't fire you unless they already wrote you up at least once for the same thing. Unless you were stealing or defrauding the company or something worse.
That's what you paid all those dues for. Unless you really really want something else or they made you an acceptable settlement. Like mucho $$$ to just go.

When you do your resume, get someone else to tell you your skills. Half the time you don't realize what skills you do have.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm

I did. But it wasn’t my first fuckup and this last one was pretty inexcusable.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

That fucking sucks xerxes.

You have to put it behind you now and move on. onward and upward.

I have always found that when one door fucking closes another one opens.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks guys. I’m sure I’ll find something soon. But for the next day or too I’ll be in fuck my life mode in bed.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:34 am

Yea, fuck it man. Take a couple me days and get back on the horse. :(

Hope your unemployment is short and sweet.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:37 am

I too am right on the edge. Fucking government let go a lot of directors recently, and my regional VP tells me they called him in to ask that we cut hours too.

But my new position is unfunded, so we have to ask for more hours to make me billable again. And my old job misses me, and can't stand the service Service Alberta is giving them, so they want me fucking back and are in talks with my contract manager to make that happen. And I still have side projects with two other ministries.

So, I'll either be unemployed, or over employed. Who the fuck knows.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:27 am

xerxes xerxes:
Thanks guys. I’m sure I’ll find something soon. But for the next day or too I’ll be in fuck my life mode in bed.

I've been stuck in that setting since early 2015, like a pop-up ad that opens itself three more times for every time it gets closed. Ain't crippling middle-age depression absolutely fucking grand? :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:40 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I too am right on the edge. Fucking government let go a lot of directors recently, and my regional VP tells me they called him in to ask that we cut hours too.

But my new position is unfunded, so we have to ask for more hours to make me billable again. And my old job misses me, and can't stand the service Service Alberta is giving them, so they want me fucking back and are in talks with my contract manager to make that happen. And I still have side projects with two other ministries.

So, I'll either be unemployed, or over employed. Who the fuck knows.

My life is a clusterfuck right now and last night I was asked to put in for CIO.

I don't think they were trying to do me a favor. :?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 am

Only reason they need a CIO is because the last CIO quit after seeing the oncoming train; or got shitcanned for fucking poor performance. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:53 am

Running on the work Fuckery. Found out we are NOT moving to a new location this year. Looks like sometime late next year. Still do not know IF I will have a job when they move. Just last week told about a job I could have (95% guarantee) paying about $5k more a year. Thin is I would need to move back to the Dallas area.

Just fucked when given to many options I freeze and over think all things. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 am

If they won't give you a fucking answer, odds are they are stringing you along so they don't have to train a temp. Fuck it, do what is best for you bud.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 am

Thing is no one knows. Seriously we just found out last month we wont be moving this year. We are , to the best of knowledge, the only paper the company owns with a security staff. Speculation is IF they do keep security, 80% sure they will at this point, it will be only one position. Nice freaking pay raise IF that does happen.

There are a lot of good points for staying. Dang I need snorkmaiden to talk to about this. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 am

stratos stratos:
Thing is no one knows. Seriously we just found out last month we wont be moving this year. We are , to the best of knowledge, the only paper the company owns with a security staff. Speculation is IF they do keep security, 80% sure they will at this point, it will be only one position. Nice freaking pay raise IF that does happen.

As someone who attends a lot of infrastructure planning meetings - they fucking know. The building has to be designed with security in mind. Systems have to be designed, ordered, contractors lined up for installation . . . all of this has to be done months or years prior to a move on that scale. They know. Your superiors may not be told, or theirs, but somewhere up the chain the decision has already been made.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:16 am

Fucking Uber. I go to the website to get my tax stuff from them. Shows I can download it so I click the tab and little circle goes round and round. :roll:

It is the last bit I need to do my taxes. I just want to do em so I can figure out how much back I am going to get and start planning my budget. I guess it's to much to fucking ask for that they have the shit ready BEFORE the 31st.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:53 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Yea, fuck it man. Take a couple me days and get back on the horse. :(

Hope your unemployment is short and sweet.

So far, it's looking good. I had one interview in fucking Langley/Surrey today and another one set for Monday that's a lot fucking closer to home here in Abby. Things are looking up.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25360 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 1629  1630  1631  1632  1633  1634  1635 ... 1691  Next