Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:11 am

Holy fuck, have spammers upped their game.

I got several 'call back' texts from random numbers, and one 'voice mail' from some impossible area code last night. The voice mail is the worst, because Android reminds me of it, until I presumably dial it to get the 'voice mail'. But I don't want to fucking dial it, because that will confirm my number.

I might try the #31# trick if it doesn't fuck off.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:01 am

I get calls every day that some fucker is using the VISA card I don't have.
Funny they know it's yours but the first fucking thing they ask is what's your acrd number....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Customer, at least once a day, every fucking day it seems: "I hate wearing this mask. I can't breathe!"

Me (not out loud of course) "You must be breathing since I can hear you fucking bitching about it".

:roll:

Not sure how much longer I can fucking stand it before I respond accordingly.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 am

Fuck I hurt. Sold the hovel. Spent the first two weeks, 18 hours a day, packing my shit into boxes. Spent the last two weeks taking those boxes to a new home, 18 hours a day. 1600km driving. Spent the last 6 days trying to get back online.

Now I have to spend the next fucking month unpacking the boxes, wondering why I bought that fucking thing, and deciding whether to keep it.

But, I don't have to shell out for 1000l of propane, or have my septic system freeze at 30 below. And my mail gets delivered to my door! What the fuck!? 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:44 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fuck I hurt. Sold the hovel. Spent the first two weeks, 18 hours a day, packing my shit into boxes. Spent the last two weeks taking those boxes to a new home, 18 hours a day. 1600km driving. Spent the last 6 days trying to get back online.

Now I have to spend the next fucking month unpacking the boxes, wondering why I bought that fucking thing, and deciding whether to keep it.

But, I don't have to shell out for 1000l of propane, or have my septic system freeze at 30 below. And my mail gets delivered to my door! What the fuck!? 8)

Wow, big life move. So you moved from the country to the city?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Wow, big life move. So you moved from the country to the city?

Yep. Right in the fucking middle of Edmonton.

Plus - good sushi is walking distance. Minus, Fuckers who think we are judging burnout contests at 2am.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Yep. Right in the fucking middle of Edmonton.

Plus - good sushi is walking distance. Minus, Fuckers who think we are judging burnout contests at 2am.

Big change! Just did the opposite myself, lol

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:07 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Aha! I wondered why I didn't see you online for a few days.

Moving is a fucking PITA. As you unpack it's a good opportunity to get rid of crap you don't need. I did some of that years ago then made the fucking mistake of just shoving the rest into my storage room. One of these days I'm going to haul out the boxes/bins in my storage room and purge more.

Hope all goes well in your new home!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:19 am

Fuck Shaw.

15 - 20 minute wait time for customer service, so I use the call-me-back when its my turn option. They call back right away, so I can spend 15 - 20 minutes listening to their bullshit ads.

Like, fucking really, how can you go to a fucking website to check for outages in your area, if there is an outage in your area? [huh]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:01 am

And when I finally talk to employee of the month, the fucking cell tower gets overloaded and *click*. Fuck.

And calling back gets me the same fucking callback hell. In one fucking second I go from #23 to #1 in the queue, but I still have to wait on hold for 20 minutes.

Looks like we are getting SpaceX.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 pm

Fuck this!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Ya, Fuck FB. I decided to delete it this month. Google I am moving away from as well and migrating my email to icloud. It's not ideal but it's a start.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:06 am

I knew Microsoft fucking slurped most of your data, which is why I use Fedora Linux where I can.

Go under Settings -> Privacy -> Activity History and see all the accounts they track you from. Then notice you can't stop them, and you can't change any of these settings unless you sign up for an account and sign a statement letting them access all of this data.

Fuck Microsoft too.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:42 am

Fuck Shaw. Yesterdays' adventure - 1.5 hours on hold . . . *click*.

Today, "well your account is totally closed, so we have to send you to Billing where they will have to re-open your account, transfer your email, then close your account again."

Meanwhile billing says "Technical support handles email transfers, I will transfer you . . ."

And around we fucking go. :roll: Maybe you should have fucking transferred it while the account was still open?? You managed to transfer one fucking address then, but it's not the one I need for the CRA. FUCK!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:11 am

Fuck Shaw. After that fucking run around, they can go piss up a rope.

The only reason I needed Shaw, was for that email address. I'm going to move all the accounts dependent on it to a gmail address, install SpaceX and cancel Shaw.

Fuck you assholes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25360 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 1648  1649  1650  1651  1652  1653  1654 ... 1691  Next