Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:
I have a mathematical formula for getting most out of a windfall.

Hookers, blow, rinse, repeat.

8)

I'll show it to you when I write it on my Hooker Whiteboard in Cocaine.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:39 pm

All I would do is buy the luxury cabin in the woods, or the yacht on the ocean, with the sole specific purpose of putting as much physical distance as possible between myself and, say, pretty much every other human being on the planet. :|

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:42 pm

in the topic

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Thanos Thanos:
All I would do is buy the luxury cabin in the woods, or the yacht on the ocean, with the sole specific purpose of putting as much physical distance as possible between myself and, say, pretty much every other human being on the planet. :|

I'd like to introduce you to the M/Y Go Away
https://www.beringyachts.com/model/bering-130/

Last edited by llama66 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:02 pm

I'd do the charitable thingies, because it's the right thing to do. Aside from that though, doing the mind-breaking & soul-rupturing things? My days of driving in traffic with maniacs/dipshits, or having anything at all to do with anyone in my family ever again, would be over for good.

Being a misanthrope isn't all that difficult. Being a misanthrope that still cares is the hard part. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanos Thanos:

I have a place for you to visit...

$1:
The oceanic pole of inaccessibility (48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W) is the place in the ocean that is farthest from land. It lies in the South Pacific Ocean, 2,688 km (1,670 mi) from the nearest lands: Ducie Island (part of the Pitcairn Islands) in the north, Motu Nui (part of the Easter Islands) in the northeast, and Maher Island (near the larger Siple Island, off the coast of Marie Byrd Land, Antarctica) in the south.

Known as "Point Nemo", Nemo being Latin for "no one" and also a reference to Jules Verne's Captain Nemo[17], it lies more than 1,400 nautical miles from the nearest land.[18] This point was featured in the short story, The Call of Cthulhu, by H. P. Lovecraft as the location of the fictional city of R'lyeh.

The area is also known as a "spacecraft cemetery" because hundreds of decommissioned satellites, space stations, and other spacecraft have been deposited there upon re-entering the atmosphere to lessen the risk of hitting inhabited locations[19] or maritime traffic. Point Nemo is relatively lifeless; its location within the South Pacific Gyre blocks nutrients from reaching the area, and being so far from land it gets little nutrient run-off from coastal waters.[17]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I'd do the charitable thingies, because it's the right thing to do. Aside from that though, doing the mind-breaking & soul-rupturing things? My days of driving in traffic with maniacs/dipshits, or having anything at all to do with anyone in my family ever again, would be over for good.

Being a misanthrope isn't all that difficult. Being a misanthrope that still cares is the hard part. :|

I looked up how much it costs to modernize and extend the rail line for the California State Railroad Museum and turns out that moderate speed rail with modern concrete ties can be done for under $2m per mile. Including miscellaneous improvements I could get the whole thing knocked out for under $60m.

I'm thinking this would not just be cool but it would be a very nice gift for future generations.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:28 pm

I shall honour your selflessness by drinking on my Yacht in an undisclosed location in the South Pacific (it'll probably be Bora Bora)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Same. Like the guy who that super duper lottery last year, I'd probably end up giving most of it to charity.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you Bart!!! [flag]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Come on, Daddy needs a retirement home in California...and right now the only way I can afford one is if you win this lottery! :lol:

Oh, you don't want to retire here. We're all trying to get the f*** out before the Democrats turn it into Venezuela.

Yeah but with my share of that jackpot, I'll be able to rule the place like Chavez! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:35 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Yeah but with my share of that jackpot, I'll be able to rule the place like Chavez! :lol:

Chavez doesn't need to win a lottery, he was elected into one. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 am

xerxes xerxes:
Thanos Thanos:

Same. Like the guy who that super duper lottery last year, I'd probably end up giving most of it to charity.

I'd do my duty then quietly withdraw from almost all contact with other people. I'm at the stage now where I quite literally find any direct relations with anyone to be so mentally and emotionally disruptive that I'm no longer able to handle it. Kind of like the Organians on Star Trek, who found both the Klingons and the Federation to be so loathsome that after they imposed a forced peace on them they told them to GTFO and don't bother them again. :|

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:17 am