canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:32 am

Been living on weenies, bags of chips and takeout during the heat wave. Don't even want to light the BBQ it's so hot out.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Lit the BBQ yesterday. Between it and that star in the sky, it seemed like it just left Hades a short time ago. Think I burned my scalp and hand in the few minutes it took to char some veggies.

F*** it. Ordering that heavenly Sushi tonight.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:10 pm

I BBQed on the weekend, but since Monday we've mostly been eating takeout or frozen food, supplemented by lots of fruit and veggies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 am

The daughter torments me with tales of ordering Vietnamese salad rolls, sushi 7 sashimi, pakoras and ramens cuz she's too hot to cook.
Even the pizza joints shut down in the heat... gas station beef jerky anyone?
And guess what? One of the two gas stations officially shut down today. We don't even have a gas station in town anymore. One on the rez, one over on the other side of the lake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:13 am

I don't eat chips very often but damn these are good! [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:41 pm

Yeah, I liked those ones.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

They serve Miss Vickies chips in my dining room at work. They are quite good, jalapeno being my favorite. My only complaint is the lack of all dressed chips. I don't mean the lack just from Miss Vickies, I mean all brands. All dressed are rare as hen's teeth where I live now. When I lived in Atlantic Canada and New England I could get Humpty Dumpty chips. They had every flavor known to man, including all dressed. I see that they were bought out by Old Dutch and distributed under that name in Canada back in 2006. I have seen Ruffles all dressed, but they tend to ship them to areas where Canadians spend a lot of time. I seen them in Florida back in May when I visited my kid. She bought the last bag. I ate most of them while she was sleeping. Hey what are dads for?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:35 am

raydan raydan:
I don't eat chips very often but damn these are good! [drool]

Can confirm. Got some yesterday. It's a combo that shouldn't work, but does.

rickc rickc:
They had every flavor known to man, including all dressed.

Every? (wrings hands) Roast Chicken? Sour Cream and Bacon? Stuffed Turkey? Ketchup? ;)

Not that crazy about "All Dressed" though. But Roast Chicken chips and Pineapple Crush is a good combo. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:41 am

rickc rickc:
They serve Miss Vickies chips in my dining room at work. They are quite good, jalapeno being my favorite. My only complaint is the lack of all dressed chips. I don't mean the lack just from Miss Vickies, I mean all brands. All dressed are rare as hen's teeth where I live now. When I lived in Atlantic Canada and New England I could get Humpty Dumpty chips. They had every flavor known to man, including all dressed. I see that they were bought out by Old Dutch and distributed under that name in Canada back in 2006. I have seen Ruffles all dressed, but they tend to ship them to areas where Canadians spend a lot of time. I seen them in Florida back in May when I visited my kid. She bought the last bag. I ate most of them while she was sleeping. Hey what are dads for?

Miss vickies jalepeno are my kryptonite. If that is in the same building as me, they won't be for long.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:07 am

I used to like BBQ chips but none of them taste like they did when I was younger. Not surprising, a lot of things don't taste like they used too... including these guys. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Mapa Tofu, Sweet&Sour Chicken. Buddha's Feast and rice.
The lockdown had some positives. She says I can now outdo the Chinese cooking from both in town shitholes........!! :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Awesome herbie!

My bf made a huge bowl of his awesome loaded potato salad today. [drool]
It was dinner tonight, and lunch tomorrow.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Slow cooker moose with tomatoes and onions.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 am

Indian food that a friend made. He knows some Pizza joint in town that has a side business selling Samosas that are just fantastic, but won't give up his source.

And he got me some astophodatea that I can smell through the container, through the plastic bag it's in, and in the cupboard across the room! Can't wait to try that in some dishes.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Cheese curds and full fat chocolate milk fresh from a local market

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2167 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 140  141  142  143  144  145  Next