Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:05 pm

Fresh banana muffins and a cup of decaf coffee. The Chinese take away and potato salad sounds better

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Home-baked muffins? [drool]

I made some banana bread a couple of weeks ago and though we were a bit short on walnuts (one of those things you don't think to put on a grocery list) it still came out yummy. The last few times I've made banana bread I butter the inside of the bread pan really well so that the bread ends up with a almost crunchy outer crust, while being soft on the inside. Mmmmmm....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 am

Pot roast, but made sous vide. [drool] I haven't had beef in so long, and my favourite butcher had some shank in. Cooked it low and slow with spices and onions. Fresh kaiser bun, with lots of sinus clearing horseradish, and caramelized onions. Side of au jus and some cold Kolsch from the brewery down the street. [B-o]

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:37 am

Strutz Strutz:
Home-baked muffins? [drool]

I made some banana bread a couple of weeks ago and though we were a bit short on walnuts (one of those things you don't think to put on a grocery list) it still came out yummy. The last few times I've made banana bread I butter the inside of the bread pan really well so that the bread ends up with a almost crunchy outer crust, while being soft on the inside. Mmmmmm....

Yeah while cleaning the kitchen I realized they were further gone than I thought so in the middle of the chaos I decided to bake!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:05 pm

I just made a big bowl of pasta salad that is chilling out in the fridge now to have later. I used fusilli pasta and added in numerous chopped veggies, kalmatas, feta cheese, seasonings and olive oil. There's enough for dinner plus lunch tomorrow.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:30 pm

Oh that sounds really good. I got busy and forgot to eat today I should fix that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:35 pm

Steak in the air fryer. Happy birthday to me!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:56 pm

Scape Scape:

Happy Birthday Scape! [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:14 pm

housewife housewife:
Oh that sounds really good. I got busy and forgot to eat today I should fix that.

It was good, though I hadn't made a pasta salad for quite awhile and was a bit out on my proportions of veggies to pasta, as it could have used more veggies. It was a nice, easy, cool dinner to have and on the warmer days ahead a potato or pasta salad is perfect. A bit of prep but few dishes or clean up involved, which is always a good thing!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:42 am

Scape Scape:

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:42 pm

Sister & b-i-l visiting, used that ham in the freezer we got for xmas before the wife got sick.
Apricot & hoisin glaze on the BBQ.
Deeeeeelicious.
Supper, 2 breakfasts and lunches later... still 1/2 of it left

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:25 am

Beyond Meat burger, with whisky mustard and onion jam. Curried chick pea salad, and a 4 bean salad. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:53 am

and it was pretty good wasn't it?
My redneck buddy won't eat and will send back burgers with lettuce, tomato, mushroom or pickles on it. Cheese & bacon are ok. Has to tell the server the cow ate the vegetables for him every time

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:08 pm

I eat mostly vegetables, not because I love animals, but because they are delicious.

Beyond burgers were pretty expensive for a while, but now they are cheaper than beef. ;) And burgers need a good mustard, and some home made kosher dills. Or a sliced fermented cuke, also heavy on the garlic! [drool] Or good sauerkraut. I love the onions and garlic from the fermented cucumbers when the jar is done. Makes me happy.

I think I will try to make French Onion Jam, instead of getting it at Duchess Bake Shop.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:18 pm

Maple sugar yogourt made with real maple syrup and buffalo milk. [drool]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2316 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 149  150  151  152  153  154  155  Next