canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 am

You must have feet made of marble that can't feel any pain then because I'd hate to think of the quality of a safety boot sold at a place like Zellers. If I don't spend a minimum of $150 on mine I feel like I've been ripped off on a sub-grade item that'll have my feet in agony within a day of wearing them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 am

Same feeling I have about WalMart shoes. Yep, you get what you pay for.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

Our local Zeller's store's "liquidation" prices barely brought them in line with Wal-mart.

Since it's being replaced with a Target, I don't really care that it will be gone. It's just a place to buy stuff that will be replaced by another place to buy stuff.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

Thanos Thanos:
You must have feet made of marble that can't feel any pain then because I'd hate to think of the quality of a safety boot sold at a place like Zellers. If I don't spend a minimum of $150 on mine I feel like I've been ripped off on a sub-grade item that'll have my feet in agony within a day of wearing them.

Nope! :lol: They are actually very comfortable. I'm still on the first pair-one year- and they are holding up very well. Oil resistant non-slip soles.
I'll grant you that they were 'Made In China' for 'Work Centre', but then most boots are, aren't they! :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 am

herbie herbie:
Same feeling I have about WalMart shoes. Yep, you get what you pay for.

Try their Dr. Scholl's brand. Very comfortable and durable.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 am

Yogi Yogi:
Nope! :lol: They are actually very comfortable. I'm still on the first pair-one year- and they are holding up very well. Oil resistant non-slip soles.
I'll grant you that they were 'Made In China' for 'Work Centre', but then most boots are, aren't they! :lol:

You lucked out.

A few times in my life I've bought work or hunting boots at a real bargain price and they were so good I wished I had bought a second pair when they finally gave out.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
Yogi Yogi:

You lucked out.

A few times in my life I've bought work or hunting boots at a real bargain price and they were so good I wished I had bought a second pair when they finally gave out.

That happened to me when I bought my last pair of bike boots in the fall. I've been back 2 times already looking for anothe pair or 2. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Maybe it's to early in the morning.

Not really, I feel exactly the same.