Author Topic Options

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:19 pm

The reason its not an election issue is that every party sees it as a slush fund to pay for their own pet projects.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:51 am

"And I'm surprised this isn't a huge election issue."<br /> <br /> There are so many issues with this government (and would be even more with Harper's) that one more or less doesn't even make a difference. We are robbed at gunpoint.<br /> <br /> If/when I'll lose my job, the severance pay I'll collect will be deducted from my benefits and nothing will be left. I won't even bother to register with the Employment Centre to look for a job since all jobs that pertain to me are available online. Hence, I won't be officially "unemployed." So much for that "record low" unemployment Martin and Bush keep bragging about.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:23 am

Anybody wanting to really study economics should go to the statistics canada website, there they can find 'commmunity profiles'. Just find the town or city and check the statistic for 'participation rate'. This is far more accurate and shows how many actually participate in the economy-NOT the fabricated EI statistics. For example in New Brunswick, in many places the participation rate in the local economy in rural areas is about 30%, but is only 60% for the entire province. Which means 40% are not part of the economic equation at all.