CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Forum rules


This is a Liberal Party forum meant for like-minded discussion, if you want to flame or debate in open, please use the main Canadian Politics forum.

Author Topic Options



PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:46 pm
 


Always4Iggy wrote:
The round two result was rather bleak for Kennedy analysts. Dryden had dropped off, being the lowest, and had joined Rae!

So here is how it looked at round two.

Kennedy *** 854 *** 884
Dion-Martha *** 986 *** 974
Rae-Vol-Bri-Dry *** 1563 *** 1351
Iggy *** 1412 *** 1481

To make it easier to check my statements, I have kept the round one numbers also.

Kennedy made a stupid mistake here, or his analysts did. They lost heart that the candidates dropping out were not coming their way, and that others were growing!

Actually, the only one growing EVEN TILL THE LAST ROUND, was Iggy. Check the factions again, by adding up their first round votes as I have done.

Dion-Martha had 986 votes in the first round, they were crumbling, though slowly, and had fallen to 974!

Rae and co were 1563 in round one and had started to collapse, reaching a low of 1351.

Though Iggy was picking up people, the amazing fact is that Kennedy was too! He actually increased by 30 votes, getting 12 from Dion and 18 from Rae.



Think of the enormity of it.

There were two persons going up, Iggy and Kennedy.

There were two persons going down, Rae and Dion.

There was absolutely no reason for Kennedy to drop out, but he did not have the correct way to read the numbers. I was standing in his path, when he walked past the Rae camp, past the Iggy camp to the Dion camp. I had the calculation as above on my PDA, and was thinking to myself:

'There goes the person who will face us in the last round! Here is the person who we will face in our last round. Why is he going to talk to Dion? To convince him to drop off after round three?'

I was stunned to hear that Kennedy had read the numbers wrong, thought of himself as going down, and actually quit before his time!

Fate, my friends, had put him in line for Iggy's throne, and he gave it to Dion!

Perhaps, in his heart, he just did not believe he could make it.

But certainly, he could not differentiate a throne from a commode!


Ya well no one cares anymore,your bud lost,get over it. :roll:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:47 pm
 


BluesBud wrote:
I for one will be no longer go on any thread he starts.

Hum notice no political alliance in his ID box.


C'mon Bluesbud, be honest, you just love reading my stuff!

And if you don't who cares, Dion reads it, and so does Kennedy!

I sez it today, Canada sez it tomorrow!


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4491
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:48 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Get over it. :roll: No one really gives a shit about the igmiester but you iggyforyou. The guys washed up like old toilet paper. I still think your an Imp though with multiple accounts. Or a phony/fake as some have pointed out allready.
Just has know idea when to give up, doesn't he. You would think the fact he opens the same thread over with a new title in order to get someone to talk with redundant. Besides if you scroll back it is interesting that when no one responds he starts talking to himself.

I think he is a closet Conservative or one of the hard line Tories with a second name to get a laugh out of getting the Liberals on the treads battling with each other. I for one will be no longer go on any thread he starts.

Hum notice no political alliance in his ID box.

I think he's an "IMP" someone with multiple accounts. Too bad Maggiemygosh aint around still,that would be a good one. :o
Very good point! can you say "Iggymygosh"? LOL


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4491
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:50 pm
 


BTW Chris, message for you on your last lame thread.





PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:52 pm
 


Always4Iggy wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
I for one will be no longer go on any thread he starts.

Hum notice no political alliance in his ID box.


C'mon Bluesbud, be honest, you just love reading my stuff!

And if you don't who cares, Dion reads it, and so does Kennedy!

I sez it today, Canada sez it tomorrow!


Actually you come across as a pompous asshole,think most reading your tripe are laughing,you and C123 arent related are you?

Iggy lost....get over it. The guy is an obvious loser,cant you see that?


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm
 


BluesBud wrote:
I for one will be no longer go on any thread he starts.

BluesBud wrote:
BTW Chris, message for you on your last lame thread.


Did you leave a message Bluesbud?

Why?

:D


Last edited by Always4Iggy on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:05 pm
 


Always4Iggy wrote:
There was absolutely no reason for Kennedy to drop out, but he did not have the correct way to read the numbers. I was standing in his path, when he walked past the Rae camp, past the Iggy camp to the Dion camp. I had the calculation as above on my PDA, and was thinking to myself:

'There goes the person who will face us in the last round! Here is the person who we will face in our last round. Why is he going to talk to Dion? To convince him to drop off after round three?'

I was stunned to hear that Kennedy had read the numbers wrong, thought of himself as going down, and actually quit before his time!

Fate, my friends, had put him in line for Iggy's throne, and he gave it to Dion!

Perhaps, in his heart, he just did not believe he could make it.

But certainly, he could not differentiate a throne from a commode!


So my sad story for my superior (not peer,) firecat is that he had to drop his boy Kennedy and cling to Dion, because his boy had bad advisers, who did not tell him which way the wind was blowing.

Poor Kennedy, he did not know whether he was coming or going!





PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:09 pm
 


Always4Iggy wrote:
Always4Iggy wrote:
There was absolutely no reason for Kennedy to drop out, but he did not have the correct way to read the numbers. I was standing in his path, when he walked past the Rae camp, past the Iggy camp to the Dion camp. I had the calculation as above on my PDA, and was thinking to myself:

'There goes the person who will face us in the last round! Here is the person who we will face in our last round. Why is he going to talk to Dion? To convince him to drop off after round three?'

I was stunned to hear that Kennedy had read the numbers wrong, thought of himself as going down, and actually quit before his time!

Fate, my friends, had put him in line for Iggy's throne, and he gave it to Dion!

Perhaps, in his heart, he just did not believe he could make it.

But certainly, he could not differentiate a throne from a commode!


So my sad story for my superior (not peer,) firecat is that he had to drop his boy Kennedy and cling to Dion, because his boy had bad advisers, who did not tell him which way the wind was blowing.

Poor Kennedy, he did not know whether he was coming or going!


Tell somone who cares. :roll:


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4491
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:29 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
Always4Iggy wrote:
Always4Iggy wrote:
There was absolutely no reason for Kennedy to drop out, but he did not have the correct way to read the numbers. I was standing in his path, when he walked past the Rae camp, past the Iggy camp to the Dion camp. I had the calculation as above on my PDA, and was thinking to myself:

'There goes the person who will face us in the last round! Here is the person who we will face in our last round. Why is he going to talk to Dion? To convince him to drop off after round three?'

I was stunned to hear that Kennedy had read the numbers wrong, thought of himself as going down, and actually quit before his time!

Fate, my friends, had put him in line for Iggy's throne, and he gave it to Dion!

Perhaps, in his heart, he just did not believe he could make it.

But certainly, he could not differentiate a throne from a commode!


So my sad story for my superior (not peer,) firecat is that he had to drop his boy Kennedy and cling to Dion, because his boy had bad advisers, who did not tell him which way the wind was blowing.

Poor Kennedy, he did not know whether he was coming or going!


Tell somone who cares. :roll:
Zig stop responding to this loony toon. He is a poser and not worth dealing with. Just let his threads die. Let him talk to the only person that both cares about his views and thinks he is brillant. HIMSELF!





PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:41 pm
 


BluesBud wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Always4Iggy wrote:
Always4Iggy wrote:
There was absolutely no reason for Kennedy to drop out, but he did not have the correct way to read the numbers. I was standing in his path, when he walked past the Rae camp, past the Iggy camp to the Dion camp. I had the calculation as above on my PDA, and was thinking to myself:

'There goes the person who will face us in the last round! Here is the person who we will face in our last round. Why is he going to talk to Dion? To convince him to drop off after round three?'

I was stunned to hear that Kennedy had read the numbers wrong, thought of himself as going down, and actually quit before his time!

Fate, my friends, had put him in line for Iggy's throne, and he gave it to Dion!

Perhaps, in his heart, he just did not believe he could make it.

But certainly, he could not differentiate a throne from a commode!


So my sad story for my superior (not peer,) firecat is that he had to drop his boy Kennedy and cling to Dion, because his boy had bad advisers, who did not tell him which way the wind was blowing.

Poor Kennedy, he did not know whether he was coming or going!


Tell somone who cares. :roll:
Zig stop responding to this loony toon. He is a poser and not worth dealing with. Just let his threads die. Let him talk to the only person that both cares about his views and thinks he is brillant. HIMSELF!


I know he is a poser,just trying to figure out who he was.

I didnt respond untill late,I thought the thread should have died a long time ago.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:53 pm
 


Streaker wrote:
Hindsight is always 20/20, eh? Kennedy should have waited another ballot.

Supposedly a few Kennedy supporters had a soft spot for Martha and decided to vote for her on the first ballot, enough for Dion to sneak ahead of Kennedy.

Had it been otherwise, Kennedy might well have won the leadership of the party.


So far Streaker, as promised, I only gave the facts and figures as Kennedy should and would have had when he decided to give up and join Dion.

But without the 20/20 of hindsight, using your 'had it been otherwise' idea but strictly staying with the numbers, what can we think of how the third round would go if Kennedy stayed?

It is possible that Dion and Rae factions would have crumbled even worse as their negative momentum build up, but let us presume that they just went down in the same way. That way we are just projecting what happened in round two, to round three. For each seat they lost in round two, we will only assume they would have lost one more in round three, not two. We also presume that Iggy would not have grown faster. So here is the simple arithmetic projection of round two to round three:

Kennedy 854 *** 884 *** 1166
Dion-Martha 986 *** 974 *** 962
Rae-Vol-Bri-Dry 1563 *** 1351 *** 1139
Iggy 1412 *** 1481 *** 1550

Well, Streaker, this is a 'had it been' but a very reasonable one. Clearly, Dion would have dropped off and Kennedy would have improved to second place!

In the next round, Rae would go off, and what happened to Dion may have happened to him!





PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:00 pm
 


Always4Iggy wrote:
Streaker wrote:
Hindsight is always 20/20, eh? Kennedy should have waited another ballot.

Supposedly a few Kennedy supporters had a soft spot for Martha and decided to vote for her on the first ballot, enough for Dion to sneak ahead of Kennedy.

Had it been otherwise, Kennedy might well have won the leadership of the party.


So far Streaker, as promised, I only gave the facts and figures as Kennedy should and would have had when he decided to give up and join Dion.

But without the 20/20 of hindsight, using your 'had it been otherwise' idea but strictly staying with the numbers, what can we think of how the third round would go if Kennedy stayed?

It is possible that Dion and Rae factions would have crumbled even worse as their negative momentum build up, but let us presume that they just went down in the same way. That way we are just projecting what happened in round two, to round three. For each seat they lost in round two, we will only assume they would have lost one more in round three, not two. We also presume that Iggy would not have grown faster. So here is the simple arithmetic projection of round two to round three:

Kennedy 854 *** 884 *** 1166
Dion-Martha 986 *** 974 *** 962
Rae-Vol-Bri-Dry 1563 *** 1351 *** 1139
Iggy 1412 *** 1481 *** 1550

Well, Streaker, this is a 'had it been' but a very reasonable one. Clearly, Dion would have dropped off and Kennedy would have improved to second place!

In the next round, Rae would go off, and what happened to Dion may have happened to him!


No one cares anymore. Your lil bud lost and thats it. get over it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:07 pm
 


BluesBud wrote:
Let him talk to the only person that both cares about his views and thinks he is brillant. HIMSELF!

Bluesbud, I'm flattered, but really, why do you think I am brilliant?
:D


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:40 am
 


Reporting in the 'National Post' on 9th December, Julie Smyth writes:
Quote:
Quote:
The thin line between success and failure: Mark Marissen, Mr. Dion's campaign manager acknowledged this week he had estimated Mr. Dion would be 50 votes behind Gerard Kennedy on the first ballot. If that had happened, Mr. Dion would likely have lost the momentum, as Mr. Kennedy did, and it could have been a different story - different leader - today.
Even to that day, Mark has not realised that Dion never did build momentum, but was dwindling throughout. Actually, in the second round, Gerard Kennedy had taken 12 of Dion's votes, in addition to 18 from the top rated Bob Rae, and was the only one besides my Iggy who showed momentum!

The most detailed and interesting description of what happened is in the special edition of Macleans dated December 18th. Every liberal must pick up a copy. The report is extensive, running into pages and pages, but here from page 45 is the snippet interesting to us (when it starts, Justin Trudeau had been trying to get Dryden to join Kennedy,) :
Quote:
Macleans magazine: Justin Trudeau would not get his Dryden miracle. The legendary goalie released his delegates and then moved to join Rae. Kennedy had to make a decision. "Okay guys, I want your thoughts," he said to a few of his closest advisers - Mark Holland, Navdeep Bains, Omar Alghabra. "I have to look at the spread and any growth potential."

TV cameras followed the whole conversation. "We had to be very careful what we said and how loud we spoke," Bains recalls, "so we whispered into his ear."
But as I said, his advisers had no idea how to read the numbers! If Mark Marissen cannot understand what happened, as late as Dec 9th, we know definitely that Kennedy was advised that he had not growth potential! I know this from contacts in the Kennedy camp.
Quote:
Macleans magazine:The candidates had 20 minutes to get their names off the third ballot, if they were going to. Kennedy took every minute. Finally Bains told Kennedy he wanted (Kennedy) to stay for another ballot. They had come to fight to the end.
Bains in short, had no idea even when he spoke to Macleans, how to read the momentum. What fight to the end? Kennedy was the only one apart from Michael who was rising!
Quote:
Macleans magazine: But I (Bains,) said, 'Gerard, what does your gut tell you?' He said, 'The math doesn't work. And its the right time.'
And so, my friends, Gerard gave up his crown and made Dion the leader!

How ironic to read his words. Kennedy, the math was working fine, my friend, it was your inability to read it, and that of Mark Holland, Navdeep Bains and Omar Alghabra. Funny that last name, was he named after the Islamic scholar who brought Algebra to the west?

What is ironic, too, my dear Kennedy is that on the other side, Mark Marissen was also unable to read the numbers! If he had, then perhaps instead of Kennedy moving over, Dion would move his green T shirts to the Kennedy camp!

It is also ironic that Dryden did not read the numbers! I am sure that Dryden would not have joined Rae, if he had advisers who told him that Rae was heading down based on faction decay.

Kennedy just blew it.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1170
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:57 am
 


lily wrote:
What's really ironic is that despite it all, Dion won!
Yes, as I said, it is ironic. Kennedy was unlucky to have bad advisers in his camp, and he was twice unlucky that Dion had Mark Marissen to wrongly advise him!

You are right, it was pure irony.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.