bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 pm

This needs to passed around to every human being who has the keys to a vehicle and the capability of driving while under the influence with impaired judgment and the possibility of causing a life changing incident to happen to everyone he or she comes in contact with while in this condition.

This is perhaps one of the most intense commercials that I've ever seen and damn well made. Australia should be complemented on having the guts to "tell it like it is" and get this campaign out to all of it's licensed drivers and to air it on TV. It is very moving and very life like so it has a very strong impact this holiday season. Please pass it along to all of your friends and maybe you can be responsible for saving some lives. Wouldn't that be a great Christmas Present.

Check this ad from Australia and then pass along the link to the people you care about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Remind me to give you some rep for this excellent post.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

I know it happens everywhere, but the asswipes here are some of the worst when it comes to drinking and driving, coupled with their already incredibly shitty driving. The cops are a big part of the problem too as they do nothing about it. I've seen drunks get back into their cars, or on their scooters, at accident scenes and drive away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Remind me to give you some rep for this excellent post.

Covered.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:00 pm

As requested. Thanks for this one Rosie. a sober reminder indeed! Tried to rep you, but 'the machine' won't allow me to! R=UP R=UP R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Just NOT EVEN ONE

Thanks Rosie :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:32 pm

I've still got goose bumps after watching that. 8O
Plus... one of my favorite songs "Everybody Hurts", from one of my favorite CDs, "Automatic for the People".

I'd Rep you if I could. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:43 pm

I'll go with the message but can't we say Christmas?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:51 pm

wow. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome post. probably the most direct "don't drive drunk" commercials I have ever seen.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:08 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I'll go with the message but can't we say Christmas?

Who says we can't?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:28 am

One of the most powerful anti drinking and driving ads I've ever seen, as wqe all know too many people make these choices every year and the concequences are life changing if not life ending.
Anyone whos ever lost someone due to drinking and driving knows how it affects all around them, I just wish more people would listen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 am

Nice one Rosie ! the Aussies arent screwing around with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 am

Disturbing video, really drives the point home...pardon the pun. With so many staff parties just around the corner this is a good vid to e-mail to many...and I will. And when you can, be a designated driver. I am every year for my husband's staff party. Yep a drag always being the one to stay sober every year, but if it means getting home alive or without killing someone, it's worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:17 pm

if you drink and drive, you are stupid sonofabitch. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

I wouldn't send anyone this as an email--it's pretty graphic. Or maybe I could send it along wiht "pictures of the remains of clifford olsen's victims." Or maybe with--"This guy videotaped himself torturing a cat for two hours--see attachment." :lol:

Seriously though, the over-the-top thing doesn't work for me. Like the anti-abortionists waving dead babies in my face, or the anti-war crowd waving pictures of ventilated toddlers. It's a cheap level of manipulation. The cancer-preachers are at it now too. They've decided they have to be more outrageous to get their message heard so now you see these "Fuck Cancer" t-shirts and pictures of one-titted ladies.

Last edited by Zipperfish on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.