canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:02 pm

I have one credit card with a low limit, I use it for reservations and emergencies...my rule of thumb is...if i dont have the money i dont buy it

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:46 am

I guess we hit a serious point in stress with the credit cards.
If you have a steady job and a steady income then debt is a choice.
I don't have that luxury.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:39 am

So far debt seems to be the biggest stressor then work second.
Surprisingly, there is noone stressed over keeping up with home and family issues while working at a full time job.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:40 am

That is the exact reason why I didn't take that full-time (over full-time :?) job.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:58 am

Red_Eye Red_Eye:

Debt is a choice for everyone. There are alot of people who know how to live within their means and most are at or below the poverty level. If you dont have a steady income, dont have a credit card.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:09 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

Debt is a choice for everyone. There are alot of people who know how to live within their means and most are at or below the poverty level. If you dont have a steady income, dont have a credit card.
Unfortunately thats not true, they are giving away credit cards. Worst is the car loans. they're too easy to get. I have to say , all that i owe is less than 2000 dollars. I'm luckier than most.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:15 am

Red_Eye Red_Eye:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

Unfortunately thats not true, they are giving away credit cards. Worst is the car loans. they're too easy to get. I have to say , all that i owe is less than 2000 dollars. I'm luckier than most.

So, they are giving them away...not forcing anyone to sign. Its called discipline. You dont owe much at all...couple full cheques and you would be good to go.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

So, they are giving them away...not forcing anyone to sign. Its called discipline. You dont owe much at all...couple full cheques and you would be good to go.
i keep getting phone calls for credit cards. The last one i got thats sitting on the counter I never gave them the full info , we were cut off. They still sent the damn thing. Self discipline ....yeah I'm getting good at it. Tho there's certain times of the year that money doesn't flow so easily then the credit card comes in handy.
Twenty years ago the requirements were much steeper.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:35 am

Red_Eye Red_Eye:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

i keep getting phone calls for credit cards. The last one i got thats sitting on the counter I never gave them the full info , we were cut off. They still sent the damn thing. Self discipline ....yeah I'm getting good at it. Tho there's certain times of the year that money doesn't flow so easily then the credit card comes in handy.
Twenty years ago the requirements were much steeper.

You can actually be removed from all those lists. There should be a consumer affairs department of your local government that has those numbers. If they are sending you credit cards without you giving them the full info, you need to get off those lists. If someone gets one of those letters, you will end up with identity theft and that takes years to deal with.

You can also contact Equifax and Trans Union and flag your credit. If anyone, including yourself tries to obtain credit in your name, you will get contacted and have to confirm. In the event you applied for something on a whim, it gives you an out at the end, when you come to your senses... :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:42 am

so your saying this is worst than getting a wife on a shopping spree 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:44 am

Red_Eye Red_Eye:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you know who has it...and if you give your wife a credit card, well...to be blunt you are a DUMBASS!!!! :lol: :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:46 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

At least you know who has it...and if you give your wife a credit card, well...to be blunt you are a DUMBASS!!!! :lol: :wink:

damn straight.. get rid of the wife and keep the card..

i did :)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:47 am

HAHAHAH no problem there , she left and the first christmas present I had was a clean debt free card . :D
Then a few years after my um er feminine side love to buy tools haha
so that part was my fault

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 am

Red_Eye Red_Eye:

I think that's what she's getting at, imagine your wife having free access to cards that we're sent to you with out you knowing. 8O You'd be better off gettig robbed, at least that way you could charge them. If you did that to your wife you might have some explaining to do. :lol:

I've been getting tons of those things lately too. Credit cards, loan grantee’s, and all sorts of stuff. I thought it was happening because I got a Brick card about year or so ago but maybe everyone's getting them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:53 am

martin14 martin14:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Red_Eye Red_Eye:

damn straight.. get rid of the wife and keep the card..

i did :)

I am the one with the credit card here... That is the only reason why we are debt free ;-)