Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
That's ok, Gunnair will let them know during some pre or post coital pillowtalk. Damn sheep are stupid enough as it is, now with those MacDonald genes, they have now have a hard time remembering to inhale and exhale.

Which means they're well beyond the Campbell abilities...

That being said, running over MacDonalds seems, once again, to be the Campbell raison d'etre so I s'pose they're movin' on up!

The new Campbell of Marchmont tartan, by the way. I see you couldn't resist either...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:28 am

That's it? Word changes?

You should step down before the Campbell's throw you out...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:35 am

you misspoke, so I corrected your most egregious error. I have to let you have something, as macDonalds have been have nots for over 500 yrs ,relying on and ABUSING the hospitality of their betters.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:45 am

Aw, That's bad that I was absent, I've missed a lot of stuff, but anyway: Khar, the furums were made because of 3 reasons:to get information, to speak with other people who are interested in in it and to have fun. If we would look at everyone of us, we'll see that sometimes most of us are writing offtopic. I see nothing bad in it, for example in this topic Martin and Public were speaking about "sheep lover's" medal, they were having a good time, making this joke and that's funny, I was reading that post I've smiled and started to watch other posts. I'm not becoming angry, when someone is having fun I'm trying to take part or just read it and find it very good when people are having fun. If you see offtopic, you just turn the page and don't pay attention to it noone is making effort to you for reading it in full or taking part, you always have choice. Trevor, QBC or other guys who are keeping rules here are understanding why everyone of us is here so they are not banning or punishing people for few words offtopic. Gunnair and Shepherd are just having fun, making this forum fresh and interesting. Khar, you're new here and are trying to put others down, why you need that stupid medals for them?. Even if they are offtopic, you don't need to shout here about it, moderators wouldn't give you money for that. In soviet Union people who were saying about others to the police were called "Shesterki" (Sixters) because the window number 6 in city department was taking informations like that. The next night the police was coming to the people about whom someone was saying and that people were sending to Siberian gulags or being killed. So I think that you need one medal here, can be made especially for you with the number "6".

And I say no for a medals to Gunnair and Sheperd.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Deleted my last post to provide this one, since I was not happy with my last one the moment it was posted and has no time to edit. I apologize for any problems or offense caused sincerely.

PostFactum, what you have written has already been replied to on the first page. Indeed, other people who have been here far longer than I, and one of those folks who upholds the rules you mentioned, supported the medal nomination because it isn't anywhere near as bad as you are trying to make it sound. What you wrote to me takes a simple, joking nomination for a medal which isn't half bad (since as people have said, everyone goes off topic) and turned it into a pseudo-Godwin's Law response. It's taking something so simple to such an extreme that I admit to being downright disturbed and insulted that you would ever equate the two situations.

I did not support this medal to try and put them down. It's half a joke, and half because they do it in a funny and innovative way. I don't know why you went so far at the end there with the number six stuff, but I have to admit that you have managed to nettle me and I am not happy with the response it is evoking in me. To not admit that it has gotten under my own skin would be dishonest and untruthful.

While I may post little, I've been an active member for six months, and I've been a lurker for a long time before that (as I said when I introduced myself on the site). While I'm not old, I'm not terribly new either -- indeed, I've been reading this site's forums longer than you have been a member. This was meant as a light hearted joke to bring up and recognize something that is funny. For all your talk of me not being here long, how is it that I saw that, and you didn't, when posts of a similar line occur daily on the site?

Thanks for ridiculing my interest in the medal system. I sincerely recommend that, if you really do want to become a lawyer as your profile suggests, you get some thicker skin, learn to understand motives (especially when the tone is backed up with me actually stating my motives in the fourth post of this thread), and to not take simple comments and turn them into world shattering reductio ad absurdum as you have -- for not only was it not meant to be negative, but you also eclipse any potential criticism on a person from another with comments such as yours.

I would fear to see what your response would be in the case of a debate on Israel with your involvement, given the ongoing present discussions and the tone present there. I sincerely recommend you get off your manufactured pillar of moral brilliance and come back down into the morass of humanity with the rest of us here.

I'm sorry to all the other posters reading this that such a light hearted thread has managed to spiral as it is into this depressingly serious tone, since I am partially to blame for it.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm

I took it in the spirit that it was intended........ and even supported it. There was nothing malicious about it and that's the way the rest should take it as well. I get a kick out them too.
Not in the same way their sheep do though......

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 am

Khar Khar:
Deleted my last post to provide this one, since I was not happy with my last one the moment it was posted and has no time to edit. I apologize for any problems or offense caused sincerely.

PostFactum, what you have written has already been replied to on the first page. Indeed, other people who have been here far longer than I, and one of those folks who upholds the rules you mentioned, supported the medal nomination because it isn't anywhere near as bad as you are trying to make it sound. What you wrote to me takes a simple, joking nomination for a medal which isn't half bad (since as people have said, everyone goes off topic) and turned it into a pseudo-Godwin's Law response. It's taking something so simple to such an extreme that I admit to being downright disturbed and insulted that you would ever equate the two situations.

I did not support this medal to try and put them down. It's half a joke, and half because they do it in a funny and innovative way. I don't know why you went so far at the end there with the number six stuff, but I have to admit that you have managed to nettle me and I am not happy with the response it is evoking in me. To not admit that it has gotten under my own skin would be dishonest and untruthful.

While I may post little, I've been an active member for six months, and I've been a lurker for a long time before that (as I said when I introduced myself on the site). While I'm not old, I'm not terribly new either -- indeed, I've been reading this site's forums longer than you have been a member. This was meant as a light hearted joke to bring up and recognize something that is funny. For all your talk of me not being here long, how is it that I saw that, and you didn't, when posts of a similar line occur daily on the site?

Thanks for ridiculing my interest in the medal system. I sincerely recommend that, if you really do want to become a lawyer as your profile suggests, you get some thicker skin, learn to understand motives (especially when the tone is backed up with me actually stating my motives in the fourth post of this thread), and to not take simple comments and turn them into world shattering reductio ad absurdum as you have -- for not only was it not meant to be negative, but you also eclipse any potential criticism on a person from another with comments such as yours.

I would fear to see what your response would be in the case of a debate on Israel with your involvement, given the ongoing present discussions and the tone present there. I sincerely recommend you get off your manufactured pillar of moral brilliance and come back down into the morass of humanity with the rest of us here.

I'm sorry to all the other posters reading this that such a light hearted thread has managed to spiral as it is into this depressingly serious tone, since I am partially to blame for it.

Man, you're mistaken in your stuff, but thanks, I was laughing a lot reading that ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:05 am

Khar Khar:

Nah, you're not partially to blame for it...

...you're completely to blame for it. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:08 am

raydan raydan:
Khar Khar:

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:21 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
raydan raydan:
Khar Khar:

Come on, Gunnair, you should know me better by now.

Oh wait, I forgot my smilie... :wink:

Sorry... :oops:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 am

raydan raydan:
Gunnair Gunnair:
raydan raydan:

Come on, Gunnair, you should know me better by now.

Oh wait, I forgot my smilie... :wink:

Sorry... :oops:

The smilie means it makes more sense. :lol:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:59 pm

I know you guys can't see it but I'm totally kissing my bicep in manly pride right now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Better that than the ewes that Gunnair frenches.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Khar Khar:
I know you guys can't see it but I'm totally kissing my bicep in manly pride right now.

Put some MacDonald tartan on your toes and Shep'll kiss your feet. Put a pair of wool slippers on and you'll want to wear breadbags on your feet to protect from the spray...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Wear a MacDonald kilt and people will think you're a cross dresser.