Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:58 pm

I'd like to nominate Herbie for the "Hilarious" medal. His posts are consistently witty and almost always give me a chuckle. Here's a brief sampling:

"An Omni as a 'collectible'? As an ex owner of one I wonder how ANY of those fling the paint off in months, rust in a year, cook the valves and mangle the CV joints in 20,000 kms P.O.S. remain in existence at all.
Did they tow it from the lot to a museum and keep it in a temperature controlled, argon filled glass case like a DaVinci painting or something?"

"Israel discovers large ancient wine press. Keep digging, maybe they'll find instructions on how to use it."

"It's an official event. You HAVE TO have Opera singers. Nobody likes them, you just have to have them. Like brussell sprouts at Christmas dinner.... gulp a few down and praise the host's cooking, listen to the Fat Lady for three minutes and clap politely."

"Maybe they should dredge the shit and sewage off the bottom of the harbour, that will lower the level!! I really wish you would explain to us how dredging the harbour would help lower the water level [huh]"

"Student Denied Diploma After Blowing Kiss - like blew the BAND kiss?"

"Wonder about distraction a big hairy mole, or a birthmark so you look like some Soviet Era premier and they all start at it with their mouths open... thinking what's that thing on his face? Why donesn't he get it cut off... as you sneak a bowling ball with a fuse in it thru the scanner...
Or if you had a friend into Hollywood make-up, does up this thing on your scalp... I've got conjoined foetus syndrome asshole! If you bastards stare one more time I'll sue your asses off! and watch Bubba the Border Guard piss himself and help you up the stairs without noticing the bazooka sticking out of your overcoat."

"Get her, boys!!! She's got metal things on her nipples they must be BOMB TRIGGERS... yeee hawww!!!
I'm sorry ma'am but everyone knows that if you mix hydrochloric and sulfuric acid half and half and soak a tampon in it you'd have guncotton (with it's own built-in fuse)..."

"Woke up to the Christmas tree on the floor and the ornaments scattered all over the living room.
I think I've solved the problem of what to top the tree with. A goddam stuffed cat!"

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm

I'll 3rd it, but where is my nomination, as the following is actually my post.... :lol:

$1:
"Maybe they should dredge the shit and sewage off the bottom of the harbour, that will lower the level!! I really wish you would explain to us how dredging the harbour would help lower the water level [huh] "

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Fourth, AND second Hyack. ;) :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Hyack Hyack:
I'll 3rd it, but where is my nomination, as the following is actually my post.... :lol:

$1:
"Maybe they should dredge the shit and sewage off the bottom of the harbour, that will lower the level!! I really wish you would explain to us how dredging the harbour would help lower the water level [huh] "

My bad. That changes everything. I retract my nomination of Herbie. :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Hyack Hyack:

$1:

My bad. That changes everything. I retract my nomination of Herbie. :D

Okay, in that case I'll delete the thread for you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Okay, in that case I'll delete the thread for you.

How about we let the forum consider the nomination and, if Herbie's successful, maybe he'll let you look at the medal or polish it for him? :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:43 pm

He's on and off for humor with me, but, I'll fifth the nomination!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Speeeeech!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm

OMG someone actually sees my posts? Half of them disappear like a fart in the wind!
I am honored, I feel so swave, de-boner and sorefisticated. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 am

Congrats! [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am

:lol:
He needs 8 and we're only up to 5 now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 am

make it 6. Herbies posts are often fun to read.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:24 am

well then this is 7

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:27 am

Actually the count is 9

Lemmy
WDHIII
Hyack
Arctic Menace
Commanderkai
Dr Caleb (implied I think)
Bootlegga (also implied) -- I think they both think he already had it.
DerbyX
Kitty

That is 9 or 10 if you also count Regina.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 am

I've rarely vote on these if ever. Should be up to the members for that sort of thing since they have more interaction......IMHO.