Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Given the number of "negative" medal requests that are being bandied about on here makes me wonder if these aren't an attempt to stifle opposing opinions through a subtle form of intimidation? I may not agree with people but that doesn't negate their right to have an opposing opinion and share it.

People seem to have forgotten but, if a person's opinions are pissing them off they have alternatives to public shaming to resolving their issues with them.

Try the ignore button, file complaints with the moderators (if warranted and an opposing opinion isn't one of them) or just let them rant and carry on with your own life.

I've been a member on here for over a decade and I've seen alot of people come and go (Just look at the membership list and compare it to the active posters) and one of the biggest reasons people say they leave is because they feel that it becomes to bothersome to deal with the continual insults, innuendo's and personal attacks.

So, I don't know about the rest of the posters on here but to me attempting to force "negative" medals on people who don't agree with or follow your political views or opinions is just another form of a personal attack and if antics like this continue I'll guarantee this forum will become emptier than a bottomless bucket in the Mohave Desert.

This has nothing to do with stifling opinions.

The reputation tool has been used on this site to stifle opinions and is still widely used by some to do just that.

My intention was not to stifle anyone. He seems quite proud of his anti-Canada stance which is why the medal is deserved.

Anti-Trudeau is not anti-Canadian.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
Given the number of "negative" medal requests that are being bandied about on here makes me wonder if these aren't an attempt to stifle opposing opinions through a subtle form of intimidation? I may not agree with people but that doesn't negate their right to have an opposing opinion and share it.

People seem to have forgotten but, if a person's opinions are pissing them off they have alternatives to public shaming to resolving their issues with them.

Try the ignore button, file complaints with the moderators (if warranted and an opposing opinion isn't one of them) or just let them rant and carry on with your own life.

I've been a member on here for over a decade and I've seen alot of people come and go (Just look at the membership list and compare it to the active posters) and one of the biggest reasons people say they leave is because they feel that it becomes to bothersome to deal with the continual insults, innuendo's and personal attacks.

So, I don't know about the rest of the posters on here but to me attempting to force "negative" medals on people who don't agree with or follow your political views or opinions is just another form of a personal attack and if antics like this continue I'll guarantee this forum will become emptier than a bottomless bucket in the Mohave Desert.

The reputation tool has been used on this site to stifle opinions and is still widely used by some to do just that.

My intention was not to stifle anyone. He seems quite proud of his anti-Canada stance which is why the medal is deserved.

It's not an anti Canada stance but a correct observation of the way the NAFTA talks are going.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:28 pm

CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
Can we not all just get along?

Only if you went on hiatus.

A long hiatus.

Permanently.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Coach85 Coach85:

You intention may not have been to stifle another member and he may or may not be anti Canadian but to me it came across as an attempt to censure someone for not agreeing with you're views by centering them out.

And for the record I'd have been just as annoyed if it was any other member and someone tried to do the same thing to them because, when it comes to someones right to disagree, or point out things as they see them, it's not up to us to censure them for opinions.

As for the reputation points I've never been a fan because of the ability to abuse them which is why I don't have them. I can't give them and I can't receive them so I'm immune to what you say is happening. But, if people are using the reputation tool as a form of punishment for posters they dislike or disagree with it then should be stopped immediately and the best way to do that is for individuals who are being abused to first report their abusers and then to hide their reputation points so people can't use it against them.

So, if it wasn't your intent to use the medal as a tool to single out someone you disagree with then I apologize but, I still think that issuing negative medals does nothing but piss off the recipient and makes the person who initiated it look vindictive.

We're having trouble keeping people on this forum and if we start issuing negative medals and using reputation points as a form of punishment for divergent views we're going to lose the few posters we still have left.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:16 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:

Agreed.

Martin would support anything Trump has done over anything we've done regardless who's in office. Without a doubt. IT doesn't matter if it's great for Canada, if the US doesn't like it and especially Trump, it's time to shit on Canada.

Not supporting Trudeau is one thing, but assuming that all of these Trade talks are handled by Trudeau is just ignorant to the process and an insult to the fellow Canadians that are working on our behalf.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:23 pm

I've seen nothing from any of the board MAGAs to suggest they don't actively support Trump 100% on everything he does, and that includes his attacks on Canada. I've also seen nothing from any of them that they don't find the entire thing hilarious - like I said too many times to count "owning the libs" seems to be their only priority at all in any of this.

So let's reword that one statement. Anti-Trudeau is not anti-Canadian? Agreed. But supporting Donald Trump IS anti-Canadian. Anyone who disputes that is playing another kind of game around here altogether.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:23 pm

You intention may not have been to stifle another member and he may or may not be anti Canadian but to me it came across as an attempt to censure someone for not agreeing with you're views by centering them out.

And for the record I'd have been just as annoyed if it was any other member and someone tried to do the same thing to them because, when it comes to someones right to disagree, or point out things as they see them, it's not up to us to censure them for opinions.

You've made far too many assumptions and haven't read much of what I've posted here.

If I disagree with anyone, I let them know. I've been advocating for more civil discourse on this forum and fighting for people to stop using the forum tools as a method of censorship. However, I'm disgusted with his anti-Canada views and felt the medal was deserved.

As for the reputation points I've never been a fan because of the ability to abuse them which is why I don't have them. I can't give them and I can't receive them so I'm immune to what you say is happening. But, if people are using the reputation tool as a form of punishment for posters they dislike or disagree with it then should be stopped immediately and the best way to do that is for individuals who are being abused to first report their abusers and then to hide their reputation points so people can't use it against them.

This has been done. I have been commenting on it for ages. Know what happened? The worst offender of them all was recently made a moderator of the forum.

We're having trouble keeping people on this forum and if we start issuing negative medals and using reputation points as a form of punishment for divergent views we're going to lose the few posters we still have left.

I totally agree and have voiced that same opinion repeatedly.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:31 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
[

Interesting as at one time, on this board, being “anti-Bush was equated to being anti-Americans.

Myself , I think guys like CA, Martin and Shocky can post what they want, just like me. People can use ignore or they can disagree .
Thanos however, was created on the 6th day when God looked over everything and decided he needed a “voice” to point out BS.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:35 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
[

Interesting as at one time, on this board, being “anti-Bush was equated to being anti-Americans.

Myself , I think guys like CA, Martin and Shocky can post what they want, just like me. People can use ignore or they can disagree .
Thanos however, was created on the 6th day when God looked over everything and decided he needed a “voice” to point out BS.

Thanos, is often the very voice of demented bullshit. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:39 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
fifeboy fifeboy:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
[

Thanos, is often the very voice of demented bullshit. :lol:

It is important to have representation of different perspectives on this forum! :wink:

If everyone was on the same wavelength it would be boring as hell around here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:34 pm

It would be nice to extend the html tags to include [rant] [/rant]. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
It would be nice to extend the html tags to include [rant] [/rant]. :wink:

[sarcasm] [/sarcasm]
[tongue in cheek] [/tongue in cheek]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Trump would be behaving exactly the same way if a Conservative were PM right now. There is absolutely nothing going on in our internal politics that had anything at all to do with it. This is part and parcel of Trump's psychosis and nothing else, with the only possible aggravating factor coming from when Trudeau didn't fall for Trump's stupid trick with the handshake when the first met because Trump is enough of a genuine piece of shit to take offense to something that idiotic.

So, once again, pro-Trump = anti-Canadian. Snowflake all you want about it but it's still true.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Trump would be behaving exactly the same way if a Conservative were PM right now.

You don't know that. Myself, I think he and somebody like Maxime Bernier might have put together a deal that was even better than what America was able put together with Mexico.

Maybe we might have to suffer through with cheaper milk and cheese for awhile and we might have to do without Chrystia Freeland's clauses representing her superior virtue on LGBTQ and Aboriginal issues but we'd endure. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:40 am

Yet not knowing dick shit more than anyone else does on current discussions, you're willing to stick with an issue from the opening round that obviously didn't fly as the problem at the moment.
Only because of your partisan dogma.