canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 pm

Tricks Tricks:
This wasn't a regular history course, so it could be any battle at all from 1900 - 2000. Regardless of who was part of it.

You had an uncle at Ortona? Shit, good for him!

I haven't looked at that book much yet, is it a good one?

At the time I don't think he thought it was great but...........
Yes it's a great book as are all of his.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:16 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
You should also check out the Battle of Queenston Heights, (war of 1812) or the battle for Detroit. Interesting array from the British side. Brits, Loyalists, 6 Nations and other 1st Nations with the various regiments of Upper Canada's Militia's.

Truly inspiring stuff, especially the vital role the 6 Nations and other Aboriginal Nations played in the final defeat of American forces in Canada.

Something we should remember in view of the recent negative views of our Native Canadians stemming from the lawlessness in Caledonia.

These guys help found the country with their blood, firstly against the Imperial French Forces and then the Rebel Americans.
We owe them a debt of gratitude and a show of due respect.

Thanks Brock!

I like the War of 1812 as well, strongly because of the involvement of Tecumseh though I can't deny the Brits their fortes neither, I do however think it's a little far back for what seems to be the contexte of Trick's presentation.

As far as the Pacific goes, I'd say all the major battles are really cliche, like Midway or Pearl Harbor.

I'd go with Ortona for sure.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:20 pm

My take would be the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment's assault on Mount Asoro (spelling???") in Sicily. This posistion had not been taken in combat in over 1000 years of fighting on Sicily, except by means of starvation by siege. The Hasty P's took it with one company in one night. See Farley Mowat's book "The Regiment" and the official history of the Canadian Army in WWII, the Italian Campaign by Nicholson.

Basically the same type of fight you see in the movie the Devil's Brigade except this was not a special forces unit but just another line infantry unit of the 1st Div, the old red patch......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:48 pm

so what was your mark on this report Tricks?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:01 pm

Er...Fuck I can't even remember. I think I got mid to high nineties on this one.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:06 am

Forget any of the WWs. Do the Medak Pocket.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:08 am

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
Forget any of the WWs. Do the Medak Pocket.
:oops: It's already done ;) I had to do it for a school project. My teacher loved it. hehe