bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:50 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
patriote_dupuis patriote_dupuis:
:? RUEZ tu n'as aucun argument concernant ton image. C'est juste pour le fun de dire que les Québécois sont des nazis. ImageTu vois c'est très facile de juger sans arguments. Pense la prochaine fois.
Would you care to post that in English so I can tell if I should be insulted or not. By the looks of that flag I probably will be.

RUEZ you don't have any argument that relates to your image. It's just for the fun of saying that quebecers are nazis. You see, it's very easy to judge without arguments. Think next time.

Patriote Dupuis: La discussion n'a pas été commencée par RUEZ, son image était plutôt contre la personne qui a commencé cette discussion, discussion qui a été effacée par les moniteurs vu que c'était vraiment des conneries.

I was just telling Patriote Dupuis that it wasn't you (RUEZ) that made the first post. He thought so.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:25 pm

It's not ruez who started the post, it's a guy named Yourhero, ruez just stated the obvious by pointing him as a troll.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:21 am

ROCKaMIC ROCKaMIC:
I was just telling Patriote Dupuis that it wasn't you (RUEZ) that made the first post. He thought so.
Thanks. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:57 pm

Actually Eyebrock I was speaking to WWII. As to your figures from WWI, my selection of books regarding Canada in WWI is painfully small, so I take yer word for it :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:35 am

Quebeckers did not flock to the Colours in WW2 either.
I mentioned the referendum in my post in September. For numerous reasons a majority of Quebeckers actively resisted serving in HM Canadian Forces during WW2.

It's just a fact Wullu. No disrespect meant.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:16 am

Hmmm I have to get myself a copy of the Official History of the Canadian Army in WWII. It has been a lot of years since I last read it, but I know C.P. Stacey spent a lot of time on the whole conscription and over seas service issue. I could have sworn he mentioned that the "zombie" rate was about equal across the country. Maybe I am letting what I see in today's Navy influence me. Were not for Newfies and Quebecers we would not have a navy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:22 am

True, but the defaulter rate was much higher in Quebec during WW2 tan in any other Province. It's no secret that Quebeckers saw the war as a merely Anglo war and wanted nothing to do with it.

Look at PET riding around in the US at Harvard so as to avoid conscription. Brave chap that he was.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:31 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
True, but the defaulter rate was much higher in Quebec during WW2 tan in any other Province. It's no secret that Quebeckers saw the war as a merely Anglo war and wanted nothing to do with it.

Look at PET riding around in the US at Harvard so as to avoid conscription. Brave chap that he was.

I never did understand that point of view, after all it was France that died in the spring of 1940. And don't even get me started on Trudeau and where he hid out during the war. David Niven gave up his movie career to return home to his regiment ( Sandhurst graduate ). PET could not drag himself away from daddy's Harvard gift?

Stopping now before I go on for 10 pages on that SoB.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:12 pm

There were other Francophone units in Europe in WW2, not just the Vandoos. Les Fusiliers Mont-Royal for example. When I was in Normandy last March, in almost every gift shop you could find badges and stickers of Les Fusiliers Mont-Royal. I've also read accounts of the French civilians being amazed on D-Day when the 3rd came ashore, because, even though they looked liked Brits, a lot of our troops spoke at least some French. All throughout Normandy are streets and statues named after CDN units. That is a trip that every Canadian needs to make...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:19 pm

There were also "les voltigeurs de québec", "les fusiliers du st-laurents" et "les fusiliers de sherbrooke".

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:36 pm

Le Regiment de la Chaudiere was the only infantry reg. on D-Day I thought....could be wrong though.

I've read that they could communicate fairly easily with the French population because the Normandy dialect of French was similar to Quebecs.

From "Holding Juno" Mark Zuehlke....GO BUY IT!

A little setup...approx. a Company of Panzer Grenadiers aboard more than 20 vehicles just attacked "A" company of the Chaudieres.....9 platoon was over run and 41 prisoners were taken.

$1:
The remaining two platoons of "A" Company and two of the battalion's six-pound antitank gun crews were quickly entangled in a fierce melee with the attacking Germans. "My men were exhausted but they fought like lions." Major Hugues Lapionte wrote later of his company's desperate fight. "There was no defensive line as such, our being entirely surrounded. There followed close-combat action with gernades and point-blank firing of weapons. POWS occurred on both sides. Four half-tracks were knocked out and were aflame, their ammunition exploding and whizzing over our heads. It was like daylight as the vehicles burned!"

The bravery of one antitank gunner ultimately prevented "A" Company's slaughter. One of the six pounders had been knocked out of action in the opening minutes of the German attack and soon all but a single crew member manning the second six pounder were dead or wounded. The lone survivor, Private L.V. Roy, continued to load and fire the gun single-handed with deadly effect even as the Germans subjected his position to withering small arms fire. Virtually every well aimed shot from Roy's gun sent another half-track up in flames until finally the attack crumbled. When the Germans withdrew, 17 destroyed vehicles remained scattered throughtout "A" Company's position along with an undertermined number of dead Germans. The Chaudieres had been equally battered, due primarily to the capture of most of No. 9 Platoon and the death of Lieutenant Ladas and two of his men, along with the losses suffered by the antitank gunners.

Not until dawn, however, did other Chaudieres check Roy's gun position. The privates lifeless body was found draped over the breech of the gun he had served so bravely.

A brave man regardless of where he was from.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:43 pm

But now all these regiments are infantry reservist unit :(

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:50 pm

lol.......they should fire up the 2nd R.N.R. The Newfie's need the work! :oops:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:33 pm

canadian1971 canadian1971:
lol.......they should fire up the 2nd R.N.R. The Newfie's need the work! :oops:

Der is enough newfs in the forces now. Without them we would never be able to send a unit over seas. Each frigate crews out at about 230, except for Ville de Quebec a french language unit, most ships average about 70 plus newfies in the crew. :D