canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:20 am

Thanos Thanos:
The cabin owners might as well get a good lawyer for themselves and push to get the same kind of government buyout that the homeowners in Caledonia got because that's the maximum those unfortunate folks will ever get out of schmozz like this.

Good point. Especially if the park is transferred to the natives anyway. In BC we've had the first land claim that goes after municipal as well as provincial properties, including all of Stanley Park. Won't be long before they start claiming private property too, and with the recent court rulings they might even get it. Just nuts.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:32 am

andyt andyt:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Plus, this was far more civil than what I was originally going to post.

Me too. You do realize the insanity of what you're saying, right? I understand you're only blowing off steam here, but jeez, every one of your solutions seems to involve guns.

Not all of them. But when it comes to dealing with outright criminals then, yes, I don't mind giving them the choice of knocking it off or die. The reason Canada has so many problems with these people is in part due to the fact that you people dither about when confronted with their antics. Just arrest them and throw them in jail like any other criminals. And if they get violent as they say they will then send in the Army and let them handle it.

In a short time you'll no longer have such problems and the FN will learn to use the system to advance their claims instead of acting like thugs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Yeah, they might as well pack it in and walk away. No one ever wins in court against Canada's own special people, especially not when their own goddamn provincial government won't do a single thing to help them.

That's why down here we won't give up our right to keep and bear arms. You never know when hostile Indians will come around.

Does Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Cav ring a bell?? here in canada if canadians try and protect themselves from thugs, they get arrested by civil authorities that have abrogated their responsibilities....as mentioned earlier, see Caledonia.... See Oka

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:43 am

andyt andyt:
Who also have arms. And there are more of them than cabin owners. Might want to take that into consideration. As well as killing a spatial canadian will wind you up in jail right quick.

I don't think aboriginals, either in the US or Canada, pose much of a military threat. I don't agree that tehre are more of them. I would guess there are more people in our police and armed forces than there are aboriginals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:49 am

Of course. I was talking about the homeowners (as clearly shown in your quote) vs the natives. I'm not sure our police or military pose much of a threat to the natives either, tho.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:52 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
andyt andyt:
Who also have arms. And there are more of them than cabin owners. Might want to take that into consideration. As well as killing a spatial canadian will wind you up in jail right quick.

I don't think aboriginals, either in the US or Canada, pose much of a military threat. I don't agree that tehre are more of them. I would guess there are more people in our police and armed forces than there are aboriginals.

Not even close. There are between 70,000-75,000 active police officers and about 120,000 combined active and reserve personnel in the military.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:55 am

850,000 FN's 450,000 Metis, 60,000 Inuit. So no.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:10 am

How do we differentiate between Metis and Status. There are plenty of 'status' that are 50% or more European in their make up

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
How do we differentiate between Metis and Status. There are plenty of 'status' that are 50% or more European in their make up

No shit eh? I was an invited guest at a couple of pow-wows in the US and the one in particular was rather surprising. Several of the "Natives" taking part in it looked more like they belonged in a Scandinavian Revue.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:38 am

Does Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Cav ring a bell??

Custer had a bad case of the Success Disease - that's where too many victories prevent an officer from being able to make an adequate analysis of every problem on an individiual basis. The assumption of victory prevents the consideration of defeat and therefore contributes to defeat. He thought he'd win because he always did before.

On the converse, the natives always expect to win because they have little reason to think otherwise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Does Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Cav ring a bell??

Custer had a bad case of the Success Disease - that's where too many victories prevent an officer from being able to make an adequate analysis of every problem on an individiual basis. The assumption of victory prevents the consideration of defeat and therefore contributes to defeat. He thought he'd win because he always did before.

He also foolishly left behind the pair of Gatlin guns that was attached to the 7th CAV that would have given him a massive tactical advantage.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Why was the ground white at Custer's last stand?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Why was the ground white at Custer's last stand?

(prepares for punch line)

Why, Shep? Why was the ground white at Custer's last stand? :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 pm

andyt andyt:

I'd still put money on our military and security forces.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
andyt andyt:

I'd still put money on our military and security forces.

Not when they're so easily defeated by activists and lawyers. That's where the ISIS and Al Qaeda guys got it wrong; lawyers and activists can do far more harm to our societies than can bombs or hijacked airplanes.

If the fundie moslems had any sense they'd send their next generation of terrorists to law school. :idea: