CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Forum rules

This is a NDP Party forum meant for like-minded discussion, if you want to flame or debate in open, please use the main Canadian Politics forum.

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 am

nice edits, toro.

I know you can't or won't answer the questions.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:28 pm

I edited because I read it and thought it was sort of silly to ask if you were at work.

Your problem is that you make broad based sweeping generalizations without taking into any account of nuances nor complexities. Or at least you appear not to. You just come across as angry, looking to find examples to fit pre-conceived notions. Reasonable, serious people don't look at the world that way, screaming at the top of their lungs, looking for something to blame all the time. To you, its all black and white, with people on either the side of "greed and arrogance" or whatever you call your "team". That's why you're "Mr. Binary". Perhaps if you took a more rational and reasonable view on these forums like you do on your columns - or at least the 3 or 4 I've read - and stop acting like a thuggish bomb thrower, stomping your feet on the ground demanding answers when you don't get your way, you wouldn't feel the need to have this persecution complex you exhibit.

Perhaps I'll get around to your questions, perhaps I will not. I have things to do this evening.

Cheers!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:26 pm

I gave you some pretty specific examples, Toro. Food riots in Mexico because George Bush's ethanol program has pushed up the price of corn meal and the Mexican market is tied to US prices because of NAFTA isn't what most people would consider a "sweeping generalization." It's pretty damned specific, actually. It's also something that you had all of the data on well in advance. So why didn't your model predict it?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:27 pm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:45 am

Another dodge.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:18 pm

No, I'm busy.

But you are doing it again. You are taking a complex situation and boiling it down to simple bromides to fit a pre-conceived world view.

However, if you truly believe the simplistic notion that NAFTA and Bush are to blame for the food riots in Mexico, then, then NAFTA and Bush are also responsible for rising wheat prices in Canada and a boom in Manitoba. Put two and two together, Blair

Wait, I'll do it for you.

$1:
Manitoba's agri-food exports are forecast to grow by 13 per cent in 2007 and 3 per cent in 2008. The rapid proliferation of corn-based ethanol capacity in the US is expected to result in substantial corn price and export volume increases in 2007, especially as Manitoba farmers expand their corn acreage by 30 per cent at the expense of soybean area.

http://news.gc.ca/web/view/en/index.jsp ... eid=302389

I guess Bush and NAFTA are responsible for Manitoba's prosperity, eh Blair?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:19 pm

BTW, you've hijacked your own thread.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:35 pm

Nah, Bush and NAFTA couldn't kill the CWB, so they're getting Harper to do it for them. Canadian farmers are still going to have problems competing with huge US agri-corps and our family farms will continue to disappear.

There are also problems that you aren't addressing with monocultures and other poor agricultural practices that you aren't mentioning.

You are the one over-simplifying things, Toro. You are the one ignoring a plethora of issues to distract people from the fact that your programs and ideas have failed many, many times in the past.

As for hijacking my own thread...not really, all of these points that I'm bringing up show the inherent corruption of Harper and the chronic myopia of his supporters.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Can't have it both ways Blair.

If Bush is responsible for food riots in Mexico because of rising corn prices, he's responsible for the agricultural prosperity on the Canadian prairies because of rising corn prices.

Of course, its more complex than that. But that's my point.

Now excuse me, I'm off to cycle.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:01 pm

Is that the spin cycle you're referring to, because you're spinning like Willie Musconi.

Let's have a look at some real facts though. We don't grow much corn on the prairies, first of all. There's some, but it's not a major crop. Secondly, you've dodged several wider issues, such as the environmental impact. Thirdly, you have to learn that the parochialism of looking only at one regional economic impact never works. It leads to what the CIA calls blowback.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:26 pm

Why is it that we keep attacking the Conservative record? We seem to be content at behaving like an opposition party being critical of those who govern. When our party sets out to put a national agenda for others to think about we do much better. If we could force the Tories to be defensive and critical of positive policies. we would do much better and at the same time we could recapture the ground of being the party of change
When it comes to trolls and rednecks always remember it is pointless to argue with mental light weights.