Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1028
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:15 pm
 


The opening ceremonies are tomorrow at 11 AM. Set up your tents in the living room, set the TV timers to the hockey games and the freestyling ski events, or of course figure skating, if your into that sorta thing. This is the greatest sporting event this planet endures ever couple of years. We finally get each of our favourite winter sports TELEVISED!!

I am always quite amazed at how attentive of the split times in Bobsleding, its the spirit of the Olympics. A spirit that rivals only to Christmas spirit.

Thank god the stupid election is over, and we don't have to put up with anymore boring political forum topics... THE OLYMPICS!

By The Way: Dion Phenuef is part of my team Canada


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9980
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 pm
 


I'm kinda curious. Will Canada fulfill their quotas from last year or will they accede Canada's hungry demands for world recognition. Obviously summer can't cut it, what about winter?





PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:34 pm
 


SwampoO wrote:
The opening ceremonies are tomorrow at 11 AM. Set up your tents in the living room, set the TV timers to the hockey games and the freestyling ski events, or of course figure skating, if your into that sorta thing. This is the greatest sporting event this planet endures ever couple of years. We finally get each of our favourite winter sports TELEVISED!!

I am always quite amazed at how attentive of the split times in Bobsleding, its the spirit of the Olympics. A spirit that rivals only to Christmas spirit.

Thank god the stupid election is over, and we don't have to put up with anymore boring political forum topics... THE OLYMPICS!

By The Way: Dion Phenuef is part of my team Canada

I'll miss it,back to the patch tomm. morn. Damn!
I like the figure skating(gals that is) :cry:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1028
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:37 pm
 


Tman1 wrote:
I'm kinda curious. Will Canada fulfill their quotas from last year or will they accede Canada's hungry demands for world recognition. Obviously summer can't cut it, what about winter?


It might help if we had some snow this year to practice on.





PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:45 pm
 


SwampoO wrote:
Tman1 wrote:
I'm kinda curious. Will Canada fulfill their quotas from last year or will they accede Canada's hungry demands for world recognition. Obviously summer can't cut it, what about winter?


It might help if we had some snow this year to practice on.

20 plus feet at snow valley Fernie right now. Hell of a base. :lol:


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 92
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:08 pm
 


So any predictions?

I predict 8 Gold Medals and 20 Total Medals for Canada! :)


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1028
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:15 pm
 


the Calgary sports FANATIC says 24, I'll go with that


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 483
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 am
 


25 Medals would be nice, but we'll see what happens.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 11052
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:16 am
 


we only need two mens and womens hockey :wink:


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 873
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:03 pm
 


Two Olympic links;

Canada .... Canada Olympic Coverage

U.S.A.... U.S.A Olympic Coverage


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:17 pm
 


Why the hell did we change our outfits? They look like a bunch of gay dog-sleders. 8O


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1869
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:31 pm
 


I hate the outfits!! Whose bright idea was it to cancel the ROOTS contract???


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 101
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:34 pm
 


I guess we have to keep our fashion sense a little off key, I sure as heck would not want to wear the majority of the clothing set out by HBC, I guess they are trying to stop the Americans from Jumping on the Band-wagon again(Roots)


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1869
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:38 pm
 


I think it's commendable that the Hudson Bay Company is doing the line, it IS our oldest company after all, but the clothes look cheap! I'd like to see solid craftmanship, like the ROOTS line. Maybe the Canadian colours, but with a little patch of the HBC strips on the cuffs or something.

Italy's is designed by Armani 8O


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 873
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:49 pm
 


pjlarsen9908 wrote:
I guess we have to keep our fashion sense a little off key, I sure as heck would not want to wear the majority of the clothing set out by HBC, I guess they are trying to stop the Americans from Jumping on the Band-wagon again(Roots)


Yeah and if they can't jump on it they buy it.. :cry: Takeover

We will always get goofy outfits now


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.