Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Mowich Mowich:
Strutz Strutz:
Mowich Mowich:
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir laid down a skate of their lives tonight and in doing so, they will be bringing home Gold for Canada. Thank you Tessa and Scott for all the years of joy you have brought to the sport of ice dancing.

You beat me to it Mo!

That was a beautiful performance and a gold medal well deserved! :rock:

So many of the couples were fantastic to watch tonight.

I was a bit nervous after the French team had such a beautiful flawless skate, Strutz but I should have known that Tess and Scott would win the day. It was a great competition with many wonderful skates.

The best comment I've read on their performance so far was "They melted the ice and everyone watching is now pregnant."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 pm

The best part of their win is that, as in any sport where the outcome is decided by a group of individuals rather than a score, it's always much harder to grab the elusive brass ring which makes this win even more meaningful.[cheer]

Good on them. [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Humphries and George win women’s bobsleigh bronze21

$1:
Kaillie Humphries has won her third straight Olympic bobsleigh medal, this time taking bronze with Phylicia George in PyeongChang.

Humphries and George had been in fifth place after the first two runs, but were just four-one hundredths of a second out of a podium position. They made up that ground in their third run, moving into third place with a cumulative time of 2:32.12. That gave them a buffer of 0.05 on fourth-placed Americans Jamie Greubel Poser and Aja Evans.

In the final run, Humphries steered the sled down the track in 50.77 seconds for a four-run total time of 3:22.89. That gave them the edge on Germany’s Stephanie Schneider and Annika Drazek, who had bumped Greubel Poser and Evans down a spot.

With just two sleds to go, Humphries and George were assured of a podium finish. They watched as Mariama Jamanka and Lisa Buckwitz won the gold in a tight battle with Americans Elana Meyers Taylor and Lauren Gibbs.

Humphries came to PyeongChang as the two-time reigning Olympic champion. She is now the first Canadian bobsledder to win three Olympic medals. She and Meyers Taylor are the first female bobsledders to be triple Olympic medallists.

For George, it is her first Olympic medal and it comes in her Winter Olympic debut after she competed at two Summer Games in the 100m hurdles, making the final at both London 2012 and Rio 2016. She began bobsleigh training late last summer and competed in her first international race just this past November. She and Humphries won World Cup gold and silver together in January.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 pm

I find the outfits in the skiing and snowboarding events all much the same and often can’t tell the nationality of the competitors. My Lord, though, that big air snowboarding tower is so ridiculously high I get dizzy just looking down the slope on TV. These guys and gals are brave.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 pm

tied at 1.....officiating sucks.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm

That men’s half-pipe competition was brutal. Some of the guys took heavy falls. Snow conditions were not great.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
tied at 1.....officiating sucks.

Same old.....Same old....I can't find who the deceased officials are.....Image

It's now.....2-1 Canada

4-0 in penaltys..... :roll: :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Americans should be called for too many players on the ice.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:41 pm

and interference along with boarding.....don't hold your breath waiting for them to be called.....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Hyack Hyack:

and interference along with boarding.....don't hold your breath waiting for them to be called.....

I missed the too many players one but definitely saw the interference and boarding calls that got missed...

Two of the calls on Canada were questionable IMO.

I find it funny that they mentioned that body checking is not allowed in women's hockey. Why the hell not? There has been some body checking anyway. These gals are not wimps, they can take it and give it too!

Hang in there Canada. 20min to go to gold...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 pm

Scott Moir doesn't approve :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Scott Moir doesn't approve :lol:

LOL. It was awesome to see him stand up and express his disapproval. :rock: Good to see him and so many others there to support our gals.

I can't believe all the empty seats! If this Olympics were almost anywhere else it would be packed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 pm

In the news they were saying the Koreans were bussing people in to fill the empty seats at events.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:12 pm

And it's a whole new game.....2-2 with 6 minutes left to play.....

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 pm

In the news they were saying the Koreans were bussing people in to fill the empty seats at events.

School kids, security personnel, soldiers etc.

South Korea busing in seat-fillers to avoid Olympic embarrassment

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 13  Next