Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30412
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 am
 


And the Gold Medal award for best Fans goes to...
The Canada Kicks Ass Olympic Thread Team!
Congratulations, you did awesome! :rock: [B-o]
Attachment:
beauty.jpg
beauty.jpg [ 48.12 KiB | Viewed 330 times ]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16607
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 pm
 


Damned good game. I didn't expect the Swedes to get completely shutdown like that.

:rock:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13404
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:27 pm
 


It actually looked like they (Swedes)were wearing out, later in the game. It's hard to believe that the Canadians are that much more fit than the Swedes but it sure looked that way. Maybe those very frequent Canadian shift changes made the difference and the Swedes were all tuckered out.


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 580
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:06 pm
 


Well Crosby came through with a classic deak goal!!!!
My man!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:23 pm
 


Kudos to the Russians for putting on a great show, from start to finish.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13404
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 pm
 


They pulled it off ... and very well, too.



(Can't say how many summary executions took place around Russia to keep the terrorist treat under control, though. We will never know that either way)


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9914
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:08 pm
 


The Russians put on a fantastic games. Nothing but positive reviews from spectators, the media who covered the games and most importantly, the athletes.

I'm so proud of all of our athletes. The ones who brought home the hardware and the ones who fell short. You represented our country honorably and in the true spirit of the Olympic Games. You are an inspiration to us all and hopefully to all our young future Olympians who were watching from home.

Thank You so much!....... [flag]


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1157
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:25 pm
 


Russia did a great job but you would not know it from watching Bob Costas on NBC! All he talks about are politics in Ukraine and gay rights as if that's all that has been happening in Sochi for two weeks! The best coverage of this games for me was right here on CKA!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13404
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm
 


The best coverage of this games for me was right here on CKA!

JA! JA!

KANADA IST UBER ALLES!!


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 580
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 pm
 


Yeah the russians surprised the world .
All the pre show bullshit and fear mongering eh!
the whole thing went off with one small glitch…the snow flake that did not turn into an Olympic ring.
that has to be some sort of mystical innuendo lost on us all…lol…


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
Profile
Posts: 32460
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm
 


Count_Lothian wrote:
Yeah the russians surprised the world .
All the pre show bullshit and fear mongering eh!
the whole thing went off with one small glitch…the snow flake that did not turn into an Olympic ring.
that has to be some sort of mystical innuendo lost on us all…lol…

On TV it looked ok. Canadian ski officials we jammed in little rooms with 5 or 6 to a room and no beds for 4-5 days and slept on the floor. Russian volunteers were apathetic and sparse. Outdoor events had poor snow conditions for competition but good for spectators. Ice conditions were poor at best and dreadful if they played the later games. I'm told the ice at the outdoor NHL games was better except for the snow.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2070
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:09 pm
 


QBC wrote:
The Russians put on a fantastic games. Nothing but positive reviews from spectators, the media who covered the games and most importantly, the athletes.

I'm so proud of all of our athletes. The ones who brought home the hardware and the ones who fell short. You represented our country honorably and in the true spirit of the Olympic Games. You are an inspiration to us all and hopefully to all our young future Olympians who were watching from home.

Thank You so much!....... [flag]


I'd like to second that. I would only add a shout-out to Canada, to all those who sent our athletes messages of support during the Olympics. All of those here and on other forums who wrote about daily events or simply a well done for our Canadians. It joys me to know that our Olympians knew they had overwhelming support at home.

YOU GO CANADA! :rock:


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2070
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 pm
 


Regina wrote:
Count_Lothian wrote:
Yeah the russians surprised the world .
All the pre show bullshit and fear mongering eh!
the whole thing went off with one small glitch…the snow flake that did not turn into an Olympic ring.
that has to be some sort of mystical innuendo lost on us all…lol…

On TV it looked ok. Canadian ski officials we jammed in little rooms with 5 or 6 to a room and no beds for 4-5 days and slept on the floor. Russian volunteers were apathetic and sparse. Outdoor events had poor snow conditions for competition but good for spectators. Ice conditions were poor at best and dreadful if they played the later games. I'm told the ice at the outdoor NHL games was better except for the snow.


It's going to be interesting to hear what trickles out once everyone gets home. I have heard many similar stories. Brad Jacobs mentioned the tightness of the rooms in an early interview. I am sure there was much behind-the-scenes yet to unfold.

That said, Congratulations to Russia. I can only hope that the joy you felt as your athletes topped the podium and the unity with which you cheered for them may become a lasting legacy of your Olympics. Well done Russia.


Online
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 2195
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm
 


Canada kicks ass! Well your athletes did just that. The other day when your mens hockey team advanced to the finals, I thought you had an excellent chance to take the top spot in the gold medal count. The Russians really stepped up their game the last few days, and Norway did not rest on their laurels either. Very entertaining Olympics overall. Congratulations to team Canada on a fantastic performance!!!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14353
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 pm
 


Speaking of Olympic Hockey. ROTFL


Attachments:
1898118_10152234097498010_1102213204_n.jpg
1898118_10152234097498010_1102213204_n.jpg [ 92.33 KiB | Viewed 57 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 46  47  48  49  50  51  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.