bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Good call, MD. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

It was an exciting game...back-to-back run-ins with a hot goalie. Canada played well enough to win both games, but that's hockey. I'm not sure Luogno in net would have made any difference.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Chagrin wrote:
Good call, MD. [B-o]

Thanks bro wish I was a betting man i could have won a boat load!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 pm

I went out to the Ontario House with a bunch of friends to watch the game, was a huge line and packed inside, really lively crowd. Was a entertaining game, but man.. what a buzz killer loosing was :(

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:18 pm

The hockey match has not yet been televised in the U.S. :cry: We have rotten Olympics coverage. Last time I watched Canadian CBUT/CBC but they f****d that up this time.... so no coverage.

Can you believe it???? The American network hardly cares. This stinks.

I would be happy to see Canada win, but we'll take it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Depressing.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Ruxpercnd wrote:
The hockey match has not yet been televised in the U.S. :cry: We have rotten Olympics coverage. Last time I watched Canadian CBUT/CBC but they f****d that up this time.... so no coverage.

I directed a couple of my US friends to MSNBC to watch the game. It should have been live.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 am

I think that was the end of Brodeur as a Team Canada goalie. It's time to look to the future and play Luongo and Fleury. Assuming Bettman gets his head out of his ass and allows NHL players to play in the 2014 games those two are our future and we should expose them as much as possible to the Olympics. Along with that it's time to remind the defense to CLEAR THE OPPOSING FORWARD IN FRONT OF THE NET!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 am

Way to go Marty. I actually saw someone saying it's the forwards fault for trying to be fancy instead of shooting. 44 shots on net? Oh right.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:12 am

We totally outplayed them and lost which means they hit a super hot goalie. Brodeur played well and most of the goals were redirected screen shots. Playing an extra game to get into the finals may be a good thing for them.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am

Yeah...They out shot and out chanced the US all night, just couldn't finish with the goal tending they were getting. No worries...just the preliminary round.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 am

Brodeur goaled like an ass.

And wtf, Nydermayer and fuckin' Pronger!?

Too old, man.

Crosby and co. can't win a game by themselve.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 am

Alta_redneck wrote:
Ruxpercnd wrote:

I directed a couple of my US friends to MSNBC to watch the game. It should have been live.

I watched it on MSNBC live in Chicago. They have actually been showing all the hocakey and curling.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 am

I heard about it last night. The reporter on KCRA was very generous and made it clear that Canada made way more goal shots than the US did but that the US for the first time had an outstanding goalie. In a nutshell, we didn't have a better team, we just had a better goalie. :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Ruxpercnd wrote:

What do you expect from NBC! They are the most inept badly managed national television station in the USA.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next