canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:22 am

canyadoit wrote:
great showing, breaking the law, drinking under age, smoking in a public place, not bad at all . They should be stripped of the gold and barred from future games. No fines, nothing, the law dose not apply here? Only in canada, great role for the kids to follow !!! You all be screaming should have a different team done this display .

With all the pressure and expectations that Canada has put upon their athletes, the Women's Hockey Team comes through with Gold (nothing less would have been acceptable! :roll: ), they let loose and celebrate, ( like YOU have never celebrated an occasion as you saw fit!) Then the 'moral majority wants to lynch them. I just know, that YOU wouldn't be celebrating any of Canada's medal wins, because, afterall, YOU didn't do anything to help them! FUCK OFF!

Mod edit - Please do not feed the trolls. Thank you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:03 am

This does not exactly pertain to women's hockey but this seemed like the right thread to express my frustration.

Wednesday night we watched the women's gold medal game in the lounge of The Keg. We enjoyed the dinner, the wine, the company and the game very much. Every TV was tuned into the game and everyone cheered after every goal and stood and clapped when they won GOLD!

As the medals were being handed out we asked out waitress if they could turn the sound on so we could hear the National Anthem. She looked very apprehensive when she said that she would ask. We watched her ask the manager and watched him walk away quickly. She returned and said i am sorry, he said no. We were a little shocked and wondered if there was some "technical" reason why he couldn't but overall we were let down.

This was not the restaurant, it was the lounge and every TV was set to the hockey game but there was music being played. We could not understand why they couldn't turn the music off for just a few minutes to let us hear O Canada being sung during the medal ceremony. It was a proud Canadian moment.

We sang O Canada at our table and had some funny looks but we didn't care we were proud of our girls!

i sent The Keg an email and have yet to hear back.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 am

Yogi wrote:
canyadoit wrote:
great showing, breaking the law, drinking under age, smoking in a public place, not bad at all . They should be stripped of the gold and barred from future games. No fines, nothing, the law dose not apply here? Only in canada, great role for the kids to follow !!! You all be screaming should have a different team done this display .

With all the pressure and expectations that Canada has put upon their athletes, the Women's Hockey Team comes through with Gold (nothing less would have been acceptable! :roll: ), they let loose and celebrate, ( like YOU have never celebrated an occasion as you saw fit!) Then the 'moral majority wants to lynch them. I just know, that YOU wouldn't be[color=#FF0000]celebrating[/color] any of Canada's medal wins, because, afterall, YOU didn't do anything to help them! FUCK OFF!

Mod edit - Please do not feed the trolls. Thank you.
:lol: :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:39 pm

kitty wrote:
This does not exactly pertain to women's hockey but this seemed like the right thread to express my frustration.

Wednesday night we watched the women's gold medal game in the lounge of The Keg. We enjoyed the dinner, the wine, the company and the game very much. Every TV was tuned into the game and everyone cheered after every goal and stood and clapped when they won GOLD!

As the medals were being handed out we asked out waitress if they could turn the sound on so we could hear the National Anthem. She looked very apprehensive when she said that she would ask. We watched her ask the manager and watched him walk away quickly. She returned and said i am sorry, he said no. We were a little shocked and wondered if there was some "technical" reason why he couldn't but overall we were let down.

This was not the restaurant, it was the lounge and every TV was set to the hockey game but there was music being played. We could not understand why they couldn't turn the music off for just a few minutes to let us hear O Canada being sung during the medal ceremony. It was a proud Canadian moment.

We sang O Canada at our table and had some funny looks but we didn't care we were proud of our girls!

i sent The Keg an email and have yet to hear back.

Well... It may have offended some Americans that might have been dining there or might have walked in the moment the Anthem was played...

(stupid manager. He should have just done it. Period.)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:46 pm

canyadoit wrote:

Dude, I celebrated finishing my exams last year with a 3.82 GPA by smoking copious amounts of marijuana and drinking a LOT of beer and rum.

Also, Alan Doyle of Great Big Sea gave our ladies the thumbs up for this. They played consistently and did their best in this competition and won gold on home ice. If that doesn't call for champagne and cigars, I don't know what does.

So kindly piss off and take your sour attitude somewhere else where it will be appreciated, since you won't find it here. Our women played hard and won the top prize. I say let them celebrate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:58 pm

As a side note, I'm assuming everyone saw how pissed off the American girls looked? :p :lol: