PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am

Хорошая попытка; не случайная Канада била бы Россию

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

Igor wrote:
With all due respect, Russia is the class nation in hockey at these Olympics. Since they are playing at home, Canada will win a bronze, which is not a small feat. But Russia takes the gold easily. Enjoy the games everyone.

-1 for being rude in a Canadian forum. XD

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Igor wrote:

How bout humoring us and throwing in a translation Igor :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Igor wrote:
Bootlegga, the rest of the quote says nothing. The excerpt I used says it all -- Canada's GM agrees Russia is the favorite. I understand why he feels that given all of our talent. I won't dispute that in Canada hockey is a religion. That's a bit sad. We have other things in Russia, like culture, art, classical music, international leadership... Canada and Russia do share certain things, like vast frozen tundras, and I'll admit good hockey. Canada is just not good enough this year.

Sure it does. Yzerman goes on to say that EVERYONE is there to win it, not just Canada or Russia.

As for the rest of the stuff you mention, it always comes with a caveat, and a pretty big one at that. Russian art and music are usually so depressing that they drive Russians (and anyone else gullible enough to listen/read/view it) to drink excessively, and international leadership from Russia usually comes from the end of gun (like Georgia learned in 2008). And I far prefer hockey as a national passion compared to the Russian one, alcoholism. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm

djakeydd wrote:
Igor wrote:

How bout humoring us and throwing in a translation Igor :idea:

"Nice try, but Canada has no chance of beating Russia."

Plllease. The final will be Canada and Sweden. Russia will have to fight the US women's team for Bronze.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:05 pm

PostFactum wrote:
PimpBrewski123 wrote:
Канада будет бить России в Олимпийских играх

:lol:

"Россию" I comletely agree with you. :rock: [B-o]

А как же братская солидарность? )))

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm

bootlegga wrote:
Igor wrote:
Bootlegga, the rest of the quote says nothing. The excerpt I used says it all -- Canada's GM agrees Russia is the favorite. I understand why he feels that given all of our talent. I won't dispute that in Canada hockey is a religion. That's a bit sad. We have other things in Russia, like culture, art, classical music, international leadership... Canada and Russia do share certain things, like vast frozen tundras, and I'll admit good hockey. Canada is just not good enough this year.

Sure it does. Yzerman goes on to say that EVERYONE is there to win it, not just Canada or Russia.

As for the rest of the stuff you mention, it always comes with a caveat, and a pretty big one at that. Russian art and music are usually so depressing that they drive Russians (and anyone else gullible enough to listen/read/view it) to drink excessively, and international leadership from Russia usually comes from the end of gun (like Georgia learned in 2008). And I far prefer hockey as a national passion compared to the Russian one, alcoholism. :lol:

It is insulting that you live in old realities ((
Come on a visit to us to Moscow and you will understand on how many you are mistaken also your thoughts are old!!!
Excuse for my English)))

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Igor wrote:
With all due respect, Russia is the class nation in hockey at these Olympics. Since they are playing at home, Canada will win a bronze, which is not a small feat. But Russia takes the gold easily. Enjoy the games everyone.

-1 for being rude in a Canadian forum. XD

We invite you to us to a forum in 2014 :wink: [B-o]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Bootlegga,

Язык говорит, а голова и не ведает. (Basically, you talk but you don't know what you're saying.) I agree with IvanMsk, your insults are based on old stereoptypes. Yes, alcoholism is an issue in Russia, all countries have issues, but to call it a passion is way out of line. Russians are passionate in life, food, wine, the arts, and literature. Oh, and football. Candadians, with their singular passion for a sport like hockey, are so simplistic, much like their hockey players. That passion and determination will allow your team to win a medal, but I'd rather watch the skill and artistry of Russia or Sweden any time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Igor wrote:
Bootlegga,

Язык говорит, а голова и не ведает. (Basically, you talk but you don't know what you're saying.) I agree with IvanMsk, your insults are based on old stereoptypes. Yes, alcoholism is an issue in Russia, all countries have issues, but to call it a passion is way out of line. Russians are passionate in life, food, wine, the arts, and literature. Oh, and football. Candadians, with their singular passion for a sport like hockey, are so simplistic, much like their hockey players. That passion and determination will allow your team to win a medal, but I'd rather watch the skill and artistry of Russia or Sweden any time.

IvanMsk wrote:
It is insulting that you live in old realities ((
Come on a visit to us to Moscow and you will understand on how many you are mistaken also your thoughts are old!!!
Excuse for my English)))

Apparently you two bozos don't know much about how English language forums work...but then again most foreign language trolls don't, so I really shouldn't be all that surprised.

You see, when someone puts an emoticon such as this :lol: or :wink: in their post, it generally means that they are JOKING!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT CAPS MEAN? IT MEANS I'M SHOUTING AT YOU! YES YOU!

Perhaps a little brush up on internet etiquette or emoticon use is necessary for the two of you... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:20 pm

My apologies if I missed the meaning supplied by the yellow smiley face thing.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

I notice they're not talking about the Russian womans team.... 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:06 pm

ROTFL

Do they even have a women's hockey team?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

QBC wrote:
I notice they're not talking about the Russian womans team.... 8O

[B-o] PDT_Armataz_01_37 ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm