Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:47 am

Knoss Knoss:
$1:
This wikipedia page says its theme was "Canada through a child's eye." And apparently you weren't alone in liking it as it had the third highest mintage of all quarters that year.

To each their own I guess....

Remember when the quarter had a caribou on it. Seems there is always something dumb on it now, the children are still better then the poppy though.

The poppy was my personal favorite.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:59 am

$1:
I dont even know WTH the pink thing is....I couldnt even figure out it spelled out 2012

I think it's 2012 and wy does it have to be anything?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 pm

$1:
The poppy was my personal favorite.

It is watching you. ;)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:31 pm

That logo...what exactly is Lisa Simpson doing? 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:23 pm

$1:
That logo...what exactly is Lisa Simpson doing?

your sick dude

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:33 am

Wullu Wullu:
Now when I first saw it, my reaction was much the same as pretty much everyone else it seems, "ugly", "a two year old did it right?", "please tell me no one paid for that" etc etc.

After having it pointed out to me by a poster at SDA, I think I know the real reason the majority of folks detest this thing, it looks like a swastika!!

It doesn't look like a swastika to me. It looks more like Lisa Simpson giving a guy a blowjob. And that makes the London 2012 logo more interesting than anyone else's.

Also, at least Britain doesn't have a town called Swastika, unlike Canada (Swastika, Ontario).

Only Canada could have a town called Swastika and a political party called C.R.A.P.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:57 am

$1:
The 2012 part is ok, but why is it pink? Pink isn't an olympic colour.

I like the gay olympics logo.

The design for the Olympics can be any colour.

On the London 2012 website, the logo was shown in several different colours, and it moved. But the moving logos caused several people around the country to have epileptic fits whilst they were watching them, so they made them static.

Here are several other designs that members of the public have drawn on the website -

David, Kent

There are hundreds of them here - http://www.london2012.com/joinin/create/gallery/29.html

When London has hosted the 2012 Olympics it would have hosted the Winter Olympics more times than any other city.

The London 2012 organisers recently got praise from the IOC, who said it was the best organised preparations for the Games they have ever seen.....

London thrilled at 'best ever' progress report

IOC inspectors fulsome in praise of 2012 efforts

Coe enjoys his finest hour since Olympics were won

Paul Kelso
Friday June 15, 2007
The Guardian

London's 2012 Olympic project yesterday enjoyed its best moment since the Games were won in Singapore almost two years ago when the International Olympic Committee delivered a glowing evaluation of progress to date. After a three-day visit by an IOC coordination commission, including 14 Olympic medallists with the experience of 215 Games between them, its Swiss chairman, Denis Oswald, said London's preparations were perhaps the best he had seen.

After nine months dominated by rows over a spiralling budget and capped by 10 days of controversy over the new logo, Oswald's five-star assessment was gratefully received by the organising committee chairman, Lord Coe, at a press conference yesterday afternoon. Sitting alongside Oswald, the double Olympic champion's smile broadened as the superlatives flowed, as well it might; had his school reports been this good he might not have needed to take up running.

Even by IOC standards of diplomatic language, a code that reduces crises to "challenges" and fiascos to "setbacks", Oswald's summary was glowing. "The IOC have been very impressed with what we have seen this week. There is an excellent team in place who work together with real spirit," he said. "Operationally and financially they are on track and on time. The interest from the business community is very high . . . and interest in the local community is also very high. The vision outlined in Singapore is still there. As far as legacy is concerned . . . we really consider that London will be a model for future host cities."

Asked whether London's progress was the most impressive he had seen, Oswald only hesitated for fear of insulting the 2008 hosts Beijing by omission. "It is very difficult to compare because every Games is different . . . but I am strongly tempted to say yes . . . I have been involved in the organisation of 18 Games and for recent Games I have to say yes."

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/london2012/ ... 31,00.html

Last edited by GreatBriton on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:58 am

That first one is 30 years overdue ROTFL

I like them both though :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:07 pm

http://www.london2012.com/joinin/create ... BMac.pjpeg

I like this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:11 pm

YES! That one is GREAT!
I can actually figure out that is London ROTFL

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:14 pm

:lol: Well really anything is better than what they have now. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:15 pm

That gay Camel?

Yeah, it is kinda hard to top that one in foolishness :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:18 pm

I wonder who came up with it? :P

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:32 pm

Just to add even their logo from 1948 I think is better than what they have now. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:35 pm

EVERYthing is better than a gay camel ROTFL