Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10649
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:00 pm
 


Akhenaten wrote:
Men's hockey. Womens hockey. They do other sports?

Complete domination and humiliation of any mammal that would dare to share the same ice. To feed relentlessly on their pain. To hear them scream. To watch them cry. To see them lay down their wooden arms at our skates in anguish, never again to return to the game. To see the pale disappointment in the eye of every child who called them "hero". To see the opposing flags grow limp, even dragging.


Do it. Get 'em.



I didn't know Ghengis Khan played hockey. :D


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1268
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:01 pm
 


Hockey is a definite must.

After that, FEMALE figure skating, not for the sport as much as something nice to look at. :lol:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6948
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:12 pm
 


Everything that is competed for on snow or ice. And especially womens skeleton because the young lady that's going to win the gold, use to help me run my grader when she was 6 or 7. :lol:

All except figure skating, thats just an exhibition, not a sport.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6948
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:53 pm
 


Oh and can't forget the demonstration sports of free style police baton and taser. I'm looking forward to some good performances in that.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8103
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 pm
 


Biathlon


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12434
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:58 pm
 


Maybe it's the economist in me, but women's figure skating offers the highest probability of quality T & A appearing on my TV screen.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20864
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:00 pm
 


I kinda don't care.

Hockey though, is what I'll be watching.

I mean... I'm just not interested in the other crap. Hope we win, but it's like if Canada was playing darts. Go Canada, I guess. When's hockey on?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6948
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
Maybe it's the economist in me, but women's figure skating offers the highest probability of quality T & A appearing on my TV screen.


Not sure about quality but....



Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 61
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 pm
 


1. Speedskating 1500 meters men. (Shani Davis, Sven Kramer, etc)
2. Hockey, team Canada. Would like to see them play Sweden (Sedin brothers) and of course kick the shit out of USA (Kesler).
3. Skiing/snowboarding, though I don't know any of the athletes...


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42402
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 pm
 


Alta_redneck wrote:
Lemmy wrote:
Maybe it's the economist in me, but women's figure skating offers the highest probability of quality T & A appearing on my TV screen.


Not sure about quality but....




Remember the big controversy during the Calgary games over Katarina Witt's costume?

Quote:
In the days leading up to the final competition, controversy erupted over Witt's outfits, notably a blue costume that some thought was sliced provocatively high along the thigh. "We're here to skate in a dress, not a G-string," huffed Manley's coach, Peter Dunfield. Witt met the commotion with calm. "We wear costumes that enhance the music," she said. "Why shouldn't we stress what is attractive?" But the flap seemed to give Witt and her coach second thoughts. In the short program, the costume appeared modified, with a heavier fringe of blue feathers along the hip.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 27,00.html

These women aren't skinny little androgynous stick figures.

Image


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8889
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:30 pm
 


ShepherdsDog wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:
Lemmy wrote:
Maybe it's the economist in me, but women's figure skating offers the highest probability of quality T & A appearing on my TV screen.


Not sure about quality but....




Remember the big controversy during the Calgary games over Katarina Witt's costume?

Quote:
In the days leading up to the final competition, controversy erupted over Witt's outfits, notably a blue costume that some thought was sliced provocatively high along the thigh. "We're here to skate in a dress, not a G-string," huffed Manley's coach, Peter Dunfield. Witt met the commotion with calm. "We wear costumes that enhance the music," she said. "Why shouldn't we stress what is attractive?" But the flap seemed to give Witt and her coach second thoughts. In the short program, the costume appeared modified, with a heavier fringe of blue feathers along the hip.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 27,00.html

[B-o] I have that particular issue of PB!

These women aren't skinny little androgynous stick figures.

Image


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13499

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am
 


I'm looking forward to US coverage of the games. I dont' want to hear Canadian media fawn all over Canada and Candians, I want to hear US media FORCED to fawn over us. You know, there will be the obligatory opening and closing tributes, and then all those "time filler" tributes throughout, where they profile the nation, the people, the cities, etc.

Nothing makes a Canadian swell up with pride more than praise from the Big Brother to the south. Choke on it with a smile Bob Costas, I'll be watching!

YEAH!!!!!


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9891
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 pm
 


I'm looking forward to watching many of the sports, ariel ski jumping, moguls and mens hockey are my favorites though. And I have tickets to the mens quater finals, so I have a 1 in 4 chance of seeing team Canada!

I ordered cable TV just for the olpympics, I normally don't have TV.

But I am almost more looking forward to the non-sporting events, I live in downtown Vancouver right beside the stadiums where all the stuff is going on. I am going out thursday night to see the torch come through downtown entering the LiveCity Yaletown community celebration site. I'm also going to try and check out all the "pavillions" or "houses" http://www.miss604.com/2010/01/vancouve ... ouses.html
There are tons of cultural events going on, many of them free.

Its pretty crazy though, I went for a bike ride along the sea wall yesterday, there were more people than on a nice summer weekend. There were people in shorts and t-shirt, people playing road hockey, tennis, golf. The beach volleyball nets were even out and people playing in english bay. The friggin cherry blossems are even out! So I guess its kinda nice for all the tourists in the city, but not so good for cypress mountain. Whistler is fine, they have a tones of snow. But I want more winter/snow!!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20730
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:25 pm
 


Hockey, speedskating, and aerials.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm
 


Gordon Campbell's comeuppance once the true costs of the Olympics are revealed.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.