CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

is moving question period to 9:30 too early ?
yes it is  33%  [ 3 ]
no its not  67%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 9

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Ripcat Ripcat:
ryan29 ryan29:
i ask you what benefit to our democracy are the liberals creating by moving the question period to such an early time ?

From the article you posted.......:

$1:
The Liberals want to start the legislative day at 9:30 a.m. instead of 1:30 p.m. and eliminate night sittings, in part to attract more women to politics and make the job of elected politicians more "family-friendly," said government house leader Michael Bryant.

yeah intended to attract more female candidates to run for liberals in the next election , and to eliminate any opposition that is left in the process . yeah that sounds like our dalton .

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:42 pm

ryan29 ryan29:
Ripcat Ripcat:
ryan29 ryan29:
i ask you what benefit to our democracy are the liberals creating by moving the question period to such an early time ?

$1:
The Liberals want to start the legislative day at 9:30 a.m. instead of 1:30 p.m. and eliminate night sittings, in part to attract more women to politics and make the job of elected politicians more "family-friendly," said government house leader Michael Bryant.

yeah intended to attract more female candidates to run for liberals in the next election , and to eliminate any opposition that is left in the process . yeah that sounds like our dalton .

Are you saying the PCs don't appeal to women? Are saying that the PCs don't want women among their ranks? Are saying that you do not think that women have what it takes to be politicians and should not have every opportunity to participate in the political process? How exactly does changing the time of question period make it unfair for any of the other parties?

Let me pull another straw out my ass for you to chew on....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Ripcat Ripcat:
ryan29 ryan29:
Ripcat Ripcat:
ryan29 ryan29:

$1:

Are you saying the PCs don't appeal to women? Are saying that the PCs don't want women among their ranks? Are saying that you do not think that women have what it takes to be politicians and should not have every opportunity to participate in the political process? How exactly does changing the time of question period make it unfair for any of the other parties?

no i was never saying that but your totally trying to change the subject from changing of the hours of question period to issue of female mpp's . each really don't have much to do with the other and i fail to realise how moving question period to 9:30 in the morning would make any difference to a possible female candidate in her decision to run or not . the liberals are full of it if there trying to claim that is there true reason for making this decision .

when its really about hiding from the public and wanting to make question period unimportant and hard for average person to watch .

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:28 pm

ryan29 ryan29:
Ripcat Ripcat:
ryan29 ryan29:
Ripcat Ripcat:
ryan29 ryan29:

$1:

no i was never saying that but your totally trying to change the subject from changing of the hours of question period to issue of female mpp's . each really don't have much to do with the other and i fail to realise how moving question period to 9:30 in the morning would make any difference to a possible female candidate in her decision to run or not . the liberals are full of it if there trying to claim that is there true reason for making this decision .

when its really about hiding from the public and wanting to make question period unimportant and hard for average person to watch .

Dumbass...from your 2nd article which is just really an opinion piece and a very lame one at that:

$1:
The changes the McGuinty government are proposing came about as a result of Tory MPP Lisa MacLeod (Nepean-Carleton), the mother of a toddler, who was asking for changes to the house times to make the workload easier for working parents who are also MPPs.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Hell yeah, they can all be there at 0930. It should be mandatory too.
And after that then maybe they can spend the rest of the day working.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:07 pm

but that female pc mpp never asked to have question period moved to 9:30 in the morning i don't think that was ever one of her recomendations , the liberals are trying to use that as an excuse for this move .

i suspect they are trying to duck accountabilty and want to make an allready invisible oposition disappear by making question period less importnat and harder for average person to see.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Chumley Chumley:
Hell yeah, they can all be there at 0930. It should be mandatory too.
And after that then maybe they can spend the rest of the day working.

well they are allready there at this time i believe , the opposition does not have a problem with the parliament doing work or being in session during this time , just concerned that moving of question period to this time will make in less importnat and less accessable .

and also liberals never mentioned this idea during the recent election or during previous parliament .