Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:33 am

There are no bad dogs. Period. Only bad owners. My sis had dog that she got from a pound and he was a vicious little bugger. All a direct result of the previous owner. With care and loving and time the little guy came around and was one of the best pets she ever had.

RIP Boots

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:33 am

2Cdo wrote:
I'll answer the question by using the dogs name "pit bull". These dogs were bred to fight against bulls in a pit, thus the name pitbull! Happy now.

LOL

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:35 am

2CDO, just to follow up, here's a link if anyone's interested.

http://www.pitbullregistry.com/Pit%20Bull%20History.htm

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:42 am

Interesting link, particularily this part:

Farmers Branch, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, has kept accurate records since 1980. During a 7 year period from 1980 through 1987, this is what was recorded. Total bites: 1,593. Pit bulls, 30 bites, or 1.89% of the total. Other studies tend to show the same results and because of so many mongrels that have similar features and the unfair lumping in with the American Pit Bull Terrier ( APBT ), it seems reasonable to assume that the figures are actually much lower.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:48 am

It just reaffirms that the media likes to point fingers and blame incidents on the most 'obvious' of things...

But you never hear of how vicious poodles can be hey?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 am

It's not the breed's fault though, it's the temperament of that particular dog. They have personalities just like humans do. But we don't go around banning pyschos.

that was a bad analogy, and I apologize for it but you can't blame a whole breed for the temperament of one dog.

What is WITH my keyboard.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:52 am

This is a subject that can cross over and never reach a conclusion

Are all jailbirds the result of poor parents?

Is SOS the deranged, unstable guy he is because the Grade 3's picked on him when he was in High School?

I mean everybody has their thoughts and beliefs.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:54 am

dimoreien wrote:
It's not the breed's fault though, it's the temperament of that particular dog. They have personalities just like humans do. But we don't go around banning pyschos.

Exactly, SOS is permitted to continually post here. Great analogy

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:57 am

We get your points also

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:37 pm

lily wrote:
I have points? 8O

Yes in the front of your sweater I would imagine!! LOL

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:41 pm

Good lord.

lmao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:04 pm

well its good to see that most people agree that its the owner not the breed have we all signed the petition?http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?newban2&1 and for those of you who seem to think every dog that is short and stocky is a pit bull check this out http://www.dapbt.org/spottheapbt.htm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:40 pm

ShepherdsDog is your master. Listen to him, and you may find yourself in utopia with dogs that listen to your commands..dogs are cool, don't diss them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:39 am

It'll be a toy dog free zone too!! Poodles and their ilk will be reclassified as rodents.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:40 am

keriie wrote:
well its good to see that most people agree that its the owner not the breed have we all signed the petition?http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?newban2&1 and for those of you who seem to think every dog that is short and stocky is a pit bull check this out http://www.dapbt.org/spottheapbt.htm

Is this true? Is it your owner or the "Breed"? Do you have that tatoo? "Live to breed,Breed to live" on your arm?