CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:55 pm

here in ontario the provincial government has come up with the law banning pit bulls american staffs and any dog that looks like one of these dogs i know a lot of people beleive that they are evil dogs however they couldnt be more misinformed as i write this they are killing innocent puppies !!!!!!! and dogs !!!!!!! whose only crime was being born !plz help stop this ridiculous law !!!whats next? will they ban your favourite pet?plz sign this petition every vote counts .copy and paste the link and fwd to any animal lover u know ....thank -you:)http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?newban2&1

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:01 am

keriie wrote:
here in ontario the provincial government has come up with the law banning pit bulls american staffs and any dog that looks like one of these dogs i know a lot of people beleive that they are evil dogs however they couldnt be more misinformed as i write this they are killing innocent puppies !!!!!!! and dogs !!!!!!! whose only crime was being born !plz help stop this ridiculous law !!!whats next? will they ban your favourite pet?plz sign this petition every vote counts .copy and paste the link and fwd to any animal lover u know ....thank -you:)http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?newban2&1
I think a pole should be taken here . Stats show that it is not necessarily about bad dogs or good dogs, its the breed of dogs specific bite and the potential damage they can do to people . Pitbulls have a terrible track record even though they have always been lovable little brickshithouses around me except in one situation. Killing animals because they were born a specific breed is wrong but I can't come to a solid conclusion on that one . :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:55 am

Well every since I was A kid there has allways been one dog breed after another ,that has been labled as vicious. Before pitbulls it was Rotweiler's,dobermans and German shepherd's.Yes there are breeds of dogs that are more predisposed to biting .....but in the end It has more to do with bad dog owner's then bad dogs.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:07 am

I got bit by a pit bull when I was a kid, kill the fuckers, I wasn't teasing it either, I was feeding it. Any dog can bite, but when a pit bull bites it aint no little nip, it is a savage attack from a savage dog.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:28 am

hmmm a kid feeding a dog?questionable action to begin with...your parents should of educated you a little more about interacting with dogs ...especially pittys rottys shepards etc...etc... kill the fuckers you say?u just helped prove how poor education and actions cause problems with dogs you are lucky it wasnt a 100 lb rotty you were trying to feed!!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! http://www.dapbt.org/spottheapbt.htm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:40 am

keriie wrote:
hmmm a kid feeding a dog?questionable action to begin with...your parents should of educated you a little more about interacting with dogs ...especially pittys rottys shepards etc...etc... kill the fuckers you say?u just helped prove how poor education and actions cause problems with dogs you are lucky it wasnt a 100 lb rotty you were trying to feed!!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! http://www.dapbt.org/spottheapbt.htm
You are correct on that ....dogs follow certain behavior patterns and if you are not aware of those patterns ...then you place your own safty at risk, while you are around dogs large enough to cause you serious harm...if the dog is running loose then that is a bad dog owner....the number one rule of being a responsible dog owner is to at all times matain care and controll of your animal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:51 am

keriie wrote:

Oh well, Kerrie, what ya gonna do? Pit bull puppies are being slaughtered and that is great! What do you think pit bulls were bread for?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:31 am

i can assure you that i know what they were bred for animal aggresivness.that is not the issue.i don not blame you for it is human nature to fear what we dont understand.plz take some time and educate your self on this topic b4 you argue with people who actually have a clue....thanx.....MERRY CHRISTMAS................................................. BORN MEAN OR VISCIOUS------MYTH-MYTH-MYTH
In a recent study of 122 breeds of dogs by the National Temperament Testing Association, APBTs achieved a passing rate of 82.3%.American Staffordshire Terriers achieved a passing rate of 81.6%. That's as good and better than the results for many or most of the breeds. In these tests, a dog is put through a series of confrontational situations. Any sign of panic or aggression leads to failure of the test. The achievement of the APBTs and the AmStaffs in this study disproves once and for all that pit bulls are inherently aggressive to people. Always remember ANIMAL AGGRESSION AND PEOPLE AGGRESSION are two completely
separate behavioral traits.
Pit Bulls are naturally animal aggressive. The degree of the animal aggression will vary from dog to dog. Pit Bulls can and do get along with other dogs and animals. The dog's individual temperament, socialization and training will be the deciding factor as to a Pit Bull interacting with other animals.
The Pit Bull should never show ANY unprovoked aggression to humans, as it was bred to be
extremely people friendly.
You can check the statistics for yourself at the--
AMERICAN TEMPERMENT TEST SOCIETY

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:44 am

Dog ban...you can thank the knee jerking control freak Liberals again for this.
First it was gun control, now dog control, smoking bans, what next, breathing ban.
Some of these liberal politicians need to get out more and smell the roses.
However you cannot expect common sense from failed lawyers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:13 pm

A kid was killed by another kid using a screwdriver not long ago.... Hmmm maybe we better ban the screwdrivers now just in case...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:31 pm

This pitbill ban is stupid. Dumb people, not dumb dogs.

As a kid delivered newspapers, I had a pretty big route. Ran into alot of loose doges including a couple of rots and pitbulls, the only ones that actually attack me were the small ones.

I had one customer who owned a Beagle, he never tied it up. Would always come barrelling down the driveway at me going right for my ankles. I repeatedly told the customer to keep his dog tied up because it bites, he never did. Dumb people, Not dumb dogs.

Cats are bad to have around infants, because there not as patient as dogs when it comes to the rough and tumble. So a cat could easily take out an infants eyes. Shall we ban cats?

Sometimes I fall asleep on my pencil, these can take my eyes out. Can we ban pencils?

Trees sometimes for no apparent reason fall, this is dangerous as people could be killed by trees. We should cut all trees down.

Cars run over pedestrians some times, ban cars , Bikes for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:35 am

most folk would not know a american pit bull terrier should it piss on thier leg. i state this with great honesty , as i bread these dogs for some 16 years , with out a problem other than from the ignorant masses. Most dogs the meida reported were only mutts, bought for cheap , with little knowledge from the folks buying them I have many times stated that there is a huge differance betwen a 50 dollar dog and a 500 dollar dog, and a bigger diferance betwween the folk who pay for a 50 dollar dog compaired with those who buy a 500 dollar dog
animal racism i compare this to, many of u speak just the way the south spoke of the negros during the 50's and 60's, Hate with out reason in fact, only in ignorance. Should any of you pit bull haters take the time to check the bite stats, in canada or the states will see the APBT is still ranked low in the chance to be bitten .

to the son of sam , yes the dogs are animal aggressive, they were bred for fighting, however that makes them stable for human interaction, since most man biters were culled off, as these dog made handing the rather on the dangerours side of the game. you yourself most likly owned a cur dog, one that should not have been bred in the first place.

i now own American Bulldogs and band dog, soon be teaching myself and the dogs to muzzle fight That is to take a man out with out laying a tooth on the skin, to basicly batter one to submission

a nother case in fact that in canada the law abiding folk have to pay for the actions of others

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:52 am

SonOfSam wrote:
I got bit by a pit bull when I was a kid, kill the fuckers,

Hmmmmm, to bad it never finished the job

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:10 am

There have been six fatal dog attacks in California in the past five years.

I'll give you one guess as to how many of those attacks were by pit bulls.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:15 am

It's not just Ontario where there's idiotic legislation around "dangerous" dogs, in the UK Japanese Tosa's are banned even though there has never been a single report of a bite let alone a fatality from the breed there.