CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23218
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 pm
 


cora wrote:
Security cameras.

Footage would still get out. And it would have been blasted across the news. And someone would have had a cell phone.

Bullshit claim.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
cora wrote:
Security cameras.

Footage would still get out. And it would have been blasted across the news. And someone would have had a cell phone.

Bullshit claim.


It's true.

If it wasn't true it would be libel, so I wouldn't be using his name.

The security footage won't be released while investigation is in progress.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2108
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:09 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Since we already have a 'bad cop' topic here's a video of Pittsburgh's finest over-reacting to an otherwise perfectly controllable situation this past weekend.


Looks like somewhere down around the Station Mall?

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of provocation for that taser, and the other cops didn't look particularly harrassed.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm
 


:mrgreen: YES!!! Tocher's going down! YES!!! :mrgreen:


Last edited by cora on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63257
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:00 pm
 


Jonny_C wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Since we already have a 'bad cop' topic here's a video of Pittsburgh's finest over-reacting to an otherwise perfectly controllable situation this past weekend.


Looks like somewhere down around the Station Mall?

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of provocation for that taser, and the other cops didn't look particularly harrassed.


Not to troll anyone here, but I'm being quite serious when I say that it seems that the more liberal the city is the more fascist the cops are. Seriously, I don't know why that seems to be the case. I'd really think it would be the other way around but it's not. [huh]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27469
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Jonny_C wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Since we already have a 'bad cop' topic here's a video of Pittsburgh's finest over-reacting to an otherwise perfectly controllable situation this past weekend.


Looks like somewhere down around the Station Mall?

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of provocation for that taser, and the other cops didn't look particularly harrassed.


Not to troll anyone here, but I'm being quite serious when I say that it seems that the more liberal the city is the more fascist the cops are. Seriously, I don't know why that seems to be the case. I'd really think it would be the other way around but it's not. [huh]


Well, there's probably a permanent undercurrent of frustration and anger among the police officers because in a liberal city they aren't just treated like an enemy by the criminal element but also regarded with contempt by the city council. In a place like Vancouver you had the city council and mayor not allow a police presence at the downtown gatherings during the Canucks playoff run yet, when the riots broke out and the police were in no position and didn't have enough strength in numbers to do anything about it, they took most of the blame from the local asshole politicians for the riots occurring. There's probably no end to the list of other cities, ranging from Los Angeles to Toronto, where the local politics are dominated by the left and the same reflexive "blame the pigs" mentality exists in full force. Having it come from the streets and certain minority communities is bad enough, having it come from the worthless politicians that sit in authority over the police is even worse.

Toss in the shitty attitude of too many citizens too, and not just the ones from minority groups that are permanently playing the racism card, where they look at police as their personal servants because "my taxes are paying your salary" and it's easy to see, for me it is anyway, as to why some cops come to regard almost everyone else that isn't a fellow cop as an enemy that's out to scalp and lynch them. Add also the mere fact that the police have more bad days than good ones, thanks to things like seeing children blown to pieces by firearms in incidents like Newtown or from mere domestic disputes gone lethal. Or from scraping up the shreds of what used to be other human beings off of the streets thanks to drunk drivers and speed demons. Or from regular nightly occurances of seeing what a convenience store clerk's head looks like after some drug addict blows most of it off with a sawed-off shotgun during a robbery. After all these sorts of things you're probably in a situation where you're got a significant number of police officers going through life in a state of PTSD thanks to working in a non-stop horror show, and then you have to deal with all the bad sorts of things PTSD brings along with it as it takes these officers through their own personal lifelong ride through mental hell.

Watch Southland or The Wire for proof, because things like that are about as accurate as it gets, even if the reality is a hell of a lot bloodier than even cable TV wants to show on the screen. All you need to know is right there in front of you. If you were a soldier, you got the "thanks of a grateful nation", no matter how hypocritical and totally empty that sentiment often turns out to be. If you're a cop, you get shit on by everyone far more often than you get thanked for what you're doing as part of your job to keep the evil, insanity, and chaos contained.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20991
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 pm
 


:lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27469
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 pm
 


I think Kop Killer and Halo is a real cool guys. He kills kops adn aleins and doensn't afraid of anytihng.

- Zipeprfich

:twisted:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23218
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:25 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Jonny_C wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Since we already have a 'bad cop' topic here's a video of Pittsburgh's finest over-reacting to an otherwise perfectly controllable situation this past weekend.


Looks like somewhere down around the Station Mall?

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of provocation for that taser, and the other cops didn't look particularly harrassed.


Not to troll anyone here, but I'm being quite serious when I say that it seems that the more liberal the city is the more fascist the cops are. Seriously, I don't know why that seems to be the case. I'd really think it would be the other way around but it's not. [huh]

Speaking from experience, probably because they put up with 100X more shit.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27469
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm
 


^ ^

The much shorter and much better version of what I tried to say.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13489

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
Speaking from experience, probably because they put up with 100X more shit.


If that's true at all (I'm not saying it is), it's because larger cities tend to be more liberal and police brutality is more prevalent in urban centres. Suburbs and small towns tend to be conservative. That's not to say the police officers themselves are liberals, however. More likely to oe conservative in fact.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28521
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 pm
 


So good cop/bad cop becomes a left/right thing too... how f**king stupid is that. 8O

I'm going to go post pics of half-naked women, about the only thing that makes sense around here today. :lol:


Last edited by raydan on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23218
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
^ ^

The much shorter and much better version of what I tried to say.
Sad but true. Event full of country boys and girls, who probably aren't going to be tree huggers and we had one incident, and it was a surprise, and probably because of way too much alcohol. Do an event full of hippies, get called every name in the book, told I'm a fascist, was told I was a racist, people in my face constantly. Thought they were all about peace and acceptance? It's gotta be 10X worse for cops.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23218
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Speaking from experience, probably because they put up with 100X more shit.


If that's true at all (I'm not saying it is), it's because larger cities tend to be more liberal and police brutality is more prevalent in urban centres. Suburbs and small towns tend to be conservative. That's not to say the police officers themselves are liberals, however. More likely to oe conservative in fact.

It's not a liberal/conservative thing. It's an authority thing. It's a "I should be able to do whatever I want" thing.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13489

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Speaking from experience, probably because they put up with 100X more shit.


If that's true at all (I'm not saying it is), it's because larger cities tend to be more liberal and police brutality is more prevalent in urban centres. Suburbs and small towns tend to be conservative. That's not to say the police officers themselves are liberals, however. More likely to oe conservative in fact.

It's not a liberal/conservative thing. It's an authority thing. It's a "I should be able to do whatever I want" thing.

Doesn't your earlier post just contradict this one? As I understand it, liberals are less deferential to authority figures so more likely to push a cop's buttons?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.