Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:41 am

Like a typical NDP'er, he seems to be fiscally retarded. 1/2 a billion in the hole this year.

I'm glad to see that waterfront coming along so well. :roll: I guess Millers version of "Clean up Toronto" was throw money at everything and hope it goes away.

Who thinks this clown will get voted in again?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:01 am

fiscal mismanagement in Toronto hardly started with David Miller did it, hardly helped electing a disinterested lame duck like Lastman either. Although there are a lot of cost cutting measures the city could take, outsourcing services to the private sector etc.
David Miller's problem is that he's a consensus builder and that's not what this city needs right now. For someone who's so enamoured of Richard Daley and Chicago its amazing that Miller doesn't see the only way Daley got things accomplished was by taking control and making executive decisions. Like a lot of Torontonians I regret not voting for John Tory but I guess Toronto's loss will be Ontario's gain at the next provincial election.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:30 pm

IcedCap wrote:
fiscal mismanagement in Toronto hardly started with David Miller did it, hardly helped electing a disinterested lame duck like Lastman either. Although there are a lot of cost cutting measures the city could take, outsourcing services to the private sector etc.
David Miller's problem is that he's a consensus builder and that's not what this city needs right now. For someone who's so enamoured of Richard Daley and Chicago its amazing that Miller doesn't see the only way Daley got things accomplished was by taking control and making executive decisions. Like a lot of Torontonians I regret not voting for John Tory but I guess Toronto's loss will be Ontario's gain at the next provincial election.

True, but the debt has doubled since he's come into office and he's done nothing to curb costs.

Even with the massive shortfall, the Councillors gave themselves a raise.

It's times like this I'm happy I moved out of Toronto.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:35 pm

OnTheIce wrote:
IcedCap wrote:

True, but the debt has doubled since he's come into office and he's done nothing to curb costs.

How did you get out, I've been trying for years and always get stuck in a pothole.

BOT. The airport bridge fiasco will be his downfall.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:37 pm

PluggyRug wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
IcedCap wrote:

How did you get out, I've been trying for years and always get stuck in a pothole.

BOT. The airport bridge fiasco will be his downfall.

Potholes...lol. Fortunately, I didn't live at Yonge & Steeles. If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about! :lol: