CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13541

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:32 am
 


Quote:
Beaver, do you think Rob Ford is the only mayor in the history of Toronto to flex his muscle to get something done?



That's a euphamism. It's one thing to flex your muscle on a major item, like say the budget or a major spending program. It's quite another to flex muscles because the bus you happen to be waiting for at the moment is late. And that's the thing with Ford. Could you imagine if every time you spoke to your boss, on things big or small, he ended the conversation with "...or your fired!" That's basically what Fordland is like.

Imagine if your job was to provide your boss with the day-to-day information he needs to make decisions, but you find that the new boss makes his own decisions ahead of time without looking at any information and either ignores what you provide him or wants you to selectively edit your research after the fact so that it supports the predetermined decision.

Like I said the exodus of senior personnel since Ford took over is unprecedented. And the OMBUDSMAN's office noted in a report. Just because you use "bitchy civil servant" or whatever petty name calling insult you want, it doesn't change the facts. I guess if I call Gomery a "bitchy civil servant" it means ADSCAM didn't happen eh? That's Ford logic for you - personal insults instead of facts as the ultimate debate winner.

And I don't know how you can associate Susan Corke in particular with "running the housing file into the shitter".
1) How do you know Sue made the problem? (Answer: nobody working for City of Toronto did, it was a provincial mess)
2) How do you know she didn't make a lot of progress fixing it?
2) How has Rob Ford fixed it (answer he hasn't)
The truth is, Housing always been in the shitter - it was a provincial responsibility then Harris downloaded it and the massive, crumbling housing stock to the city and Toronto became the country's largest slumlord overnight. As usual, you are substituting facts for inusults

And let's be clear...I wouldn't like it if a left-winger ran it like a dictatorship either. Ford Nation is a personality cult. You have to admit, Rob Ford is not a "by-the-book" person, he does what he wants, when he wants and damned with whatever some policy manual says. He runs vendettas, settles personal scores, and doesn't even understand the concept behind the fact that he has to keep his personal life and feelings separate from his job.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:18 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:

That's a euphamism. It's one thing to flex your muscle on a major item, like say the budget or a major spending program. It's quite another to flex muscles because the bus you happen to be waiting for at the moment is late. And that's the thing with Ford. Could you imagine if every time you spoke to your boss, on things big or small, he ended the conversation with "...or your fired!" That's basically what Fordland is like.

And let's be clear...I wouldn't like it if a left-winger ran it like a dictatorship either. Ford Nation is a personality cult. You have to admit, Rob Ford is not a "by-the-book" person, he does what he wants, when he wants and damned with whatever some policy manual says. He runs vendettas, settles personal scores, and doesn't even understand the concept behind the fact that he has to keep his personal life and feelings separate from his job.


I don't know why you intend to keep this going, but this is the last I'll have to say on the issue.

You don't know anything about how Ford runs his office or the City. Your opinion is biased, ill informed and based on little nuggets if information you've picked selectively out of the media.

We get it, you don't like Rob Ford and you think he's a dictator running the City and you're entitled to your opinion. Let's not confuse biased opinion with fact.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13541

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am
 


And your opinion is non-biased and well informed I assume?

You can't keep pretending that the extraordinarily unprecedented amount of bad press, leaks, gaffes, integrity and ombudsman investigations etc are just because he's a regular conservative politician and he's being targeted by a vast, socialist conspiracy.

As I've said before, and as you righties keep ignoring, Conservative politicians are nothing new to Toronto or Ontario, but NONE have attracted the amount of controversy FORD has. FORD is an awful mayor primarily because he's Rob Ford, not because he's a right-winger.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
And your opinion is non-biased and well informed I assume?

You can't keep pretending that the extraordinarily unprecedented amount of bad press, leaks, gaffes, integrity and ombudsman investigations etc are just because he's a regular conservative politician and he's being targeted by a vast, socialist conspiracy.

As I've said before, and as you righties keep ignoring, Conservative politicians are nothing new to Toronto or Ontario, but NONE have attracted the amount of controversy FORD has. FORD is an awful mayor primarily because he's Rob Ford, not because he's a right-winger.


Considering I have actual experience with municipal government and have acknowledged the mayors various faults, yes, I believe my opinion is much more balanced and informed.

You have ignored accomplishments and the abnormal media scrutiny because you haven't liked him since day one and that's your prerogative. When he gets voted in again, we'll see how many people don't share your opinion.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13541

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm
 


I don't think your vaguely described "experience with municipal government" gives you special knowledge of the Ford administration or necessarily equips you to understand the governance of a Megacity like Toronto, which has its own unique special powers and responsibilities.

I think Macleans (hardly a left-wing outlet) sums it up nicely, with lots of link too!

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/12/28/looking-past-rob-ford/


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
I don't think your vaguely described "experience with municipal government" gives you special knowledge of the Ford administration or necessarily equips you to understand the governance of a Megacity like Toronto, which has its own unique special powers and responsibilities.

I think Macleans (hardly a left-wing outlet) sums it up nicely, with lots of link too!

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/12/28/looking-past-rob-ford/


With respect Beaver, you haven't described having any experience with politics ever, let alone municipal politics so if you're knocking my credibility on the issue, where does that leave you on the experience chart?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13541

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 pm
 


I'm just saying it's not relevant. You've never served in provincial politics, does that mean you're unqualified to criticize McGuinty?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.