CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:38 pm

... i must say i was appalled by the beating mayor rob ford took from the news media this past summer regarding that nonexistent video that supposedly depicted him smoking crack like john belushi or richard pryor. the news media got duped big time. they fell for the bait like a pack of schoolgirls. of course the video never surfaced -- there never was one! it was a hoax!

... yet, while the media was ready to burn ford at the stake, justin trudeau got a free ride regarding his ADMISSION that he's smoked weed! what a bunch of hypocrites. what is it about ford that makes people act so crazy?

... any comments?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Weed is very different than Crack, both are illegal and listed under the Controlled Substance act, however weed is more socially acceptable to use. So while one was accused of and the other admitted to using drugs, Trudeau's admission to using something that a large portion of the population has at least tried was less a story than Rob Ford's avoidance to even discuss his alleged crack use. Ford then further compounded things by firing several of his aids, and then there was also Operation Traveler, which targeted the same building where Ford was to have participated in the alleged smoking of the crack not to mention the guy in Fort McMurray that was pushed from an apartment building that was also linked to all this. I dunno, by I suspect the Ford Story was more media friendly.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Because Rob Ford is fat, uncouth and a conservative. Justin Trudeau is a pretty boy with a famous name and liberal. I can look beyond the media bias and judge both by their performance, both past and present. I trust that enough of the Canadian public is equally capable of viewing things with common sense.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Rob Ford is no longer relevant. Council won't support anything he wants. He'll almost certainly be run from office in the election next year, if he manages to keep ducking this story (and/or avoid fucking up again) and hold on to the job that long. And even if he manages to get re-elected, he'll never live out another term unless he lays off the crack, liquor and ice-cream sundaes.

Oh yeah, Rob Ford picks his nose and eats it. {farts}

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:04 pm

postmaster wrote:
... i must say i was appalled by the beating mayor rob ford took from the news media this past summer regarding that nonexistent video that supposedly depicted him smoking crack like john belushi or richard pryor. the news media got duped big time. they fell for the bait like a pack of schoolgirls. of course the video never surfaced -- there never was one! it was a hoax!

... yet, while the media was ready to burn ford at the stake, justin trudeau got a free ride regarding his ADMISSION that he's smoked weed! what a bunch of hypocrites. what is it about ford that makes people act so crazy?

... any comments?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/08 ... juana.html

So he's smoked a lot of pot, hangs out with drug dealers, visits them in prison, was caught drunk driving with pot on him, gets kicked out of events for being drunk and likely smoked crack. But you think this is equivalent to JT saying he's smoked pot a few times?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Bob Ford is a mayor? I thought he was a comic! Go figure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 pm

andyt wrote:
postmaster wrote:

... any comments?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/08 ... juana.html

So he's smoked a lot of pot, hangs out with drug dealers, visits them in prison, was caught drunk driving with pot on him, gets kicked out of events for being drunk and likely smoked crack. But you think this is equivalent to JT saying he's smoked pot a few times?

:lol: Yeah, if he's only smoked it "a few times" then I'm the Grand Vizier of Mars.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm

On a side note, JT's admission makes him eligible to be denied access to places like the US or Japan, which will be truly marvelous from a PR standpoint if he ever becomes PM. They aren't going to change their laws on things like drug use just because some Canadian Liberal is trying to take back the hipcat youth vote from the Dippers. If he ever gets turned back at the border because of this a lot of us will just laugh and laugh and laugh.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanos wrote:
On a side note, JT's admission makes him eligible to be denied access to places like the US or Japan, which will be truly marvelous from a PR standpoint if he ever becomes PM. They aren't going to change their laws on things like drug use just because some Canadian Liberal is trying to take back the hipcat youth vote from the Dippers. If he ever gets turned back at the border because of this a lot of us will just laugh and laugh and laugh.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Trudeau became PM and ended up getting banned from a couple of high profile countries over admitted drug use, I'd wake up every morning laughing for his entire term.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:50 pm

saturn_656 wrote:
Thanos wrote:

If Trudeau became PM and ended up getting banned from a couple of high profile countries over admitted drug use, I'd wake up every morning laughing for at his entire term.

Fixed, foshizzle. :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm

saturn_656 wrote:
Thanos wrote:

If Trudeau became PM and ended up getting banned from a couple of high profile countries over admitted drug use, I'd wake up every morning laughing for his entire term.

Oh, that reminds me....

Hello, NSA ?

Oh, nvm, they're on it. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:35 am

If Ford was a crack user, he wouldn't be a fat slob.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:24 am

OnTheIce wrote:

Just like John Belushi and Chris Farley weren't fat slops, eh?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:37 am

Lemmy wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:

Just like John Belushi and Chris Farley weren't fat slops, eh?

Can crack users be fat? Sure! However, two fat guys who used crack doesn't speak for the majority.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 am

postmaster wrote:
... any comments?

TheRestofCanada wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzz